Hot Toys Robocop Gun Arm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwayne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is the gun arm Robo the same as the first release with just the gun arm option? I have the oportunity to buy it and want to make sure the head looks ok. I don't like how the R3 head looks. The helmet is a little too high on the head where the nose is peeking through. Any pictures would help.

Thanks.

It's the same, just comes with extra attachment and a Robocop 3 base. Kicking myself for not getting one when SS had 'em!

Robocop3withGunArm.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

p!tu said:
I know at the OSW forum they took it off but dont know how. But it sucks cause theyre is no detail on the head.
yeah they took it off and had some pics at OSW but the link is dead. it was supposed to be easy to take off. just a glob of glue holding it on but the head was VERY generic and weird looking. no bullet hole or electrical wiring ect.

ok here's what i know about all three robocop figures from hot toys.

the gun arm version is the same as the first one except he has the gun arm, and he's got a blue-er tint as opposed to the original's silver.

beneath the helmet of the original and gun arm versions, is a fully sculpted face, but the back and top are not sculpted. the chin peice doesn't come off either. you can pry off the helmets, but they're not meant to be removeable.

the flightpack version has the same blue tint as the gun arm version, but the helmet is designed to come off, hence the head doesn't look as good.

so if you're going after the gun arm version, don't worry. the head looks proper. it's only the flightpack one that looks off

creecher said:
Here ya go.
Creech, that's the head that's on the Robo 1 and laser arm
versions? wow that's not as different from 3 as i thought it was. just no bullethole or electronic details. looks rounder too. not as elongated.

Last edited:
Man! When did the Gun-Arm R3 version become so difficult to get? I can't even find him on ebay. I don't really want the jet back versin but if I had to I could always sell off the pack.

Does the flight pack one have the extra hand(s) or just the gun arm?

AND what's the head look like?

robo 3 has 4 extra hands, 2 fist hands, 1 for pistol, 1 with spike, has 2 open hands on, and the big gun and flightpack. I see nothing wrong with the head, i like robo 3 the best of the 3.looks great to me.

It's the "Gun Arm" version . ( I only just realised I didn't take any pics with the gun arm actually on!) To be honest , I had great difficulty attaching it and gave up for fear of breaking it . By the way , any U.K members , PLAY.COM have this figure for £59.99 shipped . For this price , snatch their hands off ! I paid twice that!

It's the "Gun Arm" version . ( I only just realised I didn't take any pics with the gun arm actually on!) To be honest , I had great difficulty attaching it and gave up for fear of breaking it . By the way , any U.K members , PLAY.COM have this figure for £59.99 shipped . For this price , snatch their hands off ! I paid twice that!
Here's a full review I posted on another forum when the figure was released .
I just received my Hot Toys Robocop (Gun Arm version) via Sideshow Toys and feel obliged to share my opinions on this much anticipated ( by me anyhow ) figure . I have to point out that I have never paid as much for a single figure ( around the £90 mark including shipping , tax etc ) so a lot was riding on it , would it live up to expectations ?
ROBOCOP009-1.jpg

I'm glad to report the answer is definately yes , as straight from the box you can tell you're dealing with a real high quality item . Each part features engraved and painted panel lines , giving a genuine 3-D effect . I say parts , because as fans of the Movie Masterpiece series will know , a small amount of assembly is required to get Robo , if not running , then clunking robotically around your kitchen table .( You have to supply your own sound effects , I have to add .) This is a simple matter of pushing the ball-jointed limbs into their corresponding sockets on the torso . On my example though , the head didn't want to play ball(joint) . This is partly due to the nature of the neck joint itself (more of this later) , but this was easily cured with the help of a sharp scalpel . I carefully trimmed back the inside of the heads socket and soon the head popped on as it should .
ROBOCOP008.jpg

This takes me to articulation , of which there is a surprsing amount . Obviously , the nature of the 1/1 Robo-suits design limits movement and the tales of the actors discomfort in it are well documented , but despite this , most , if not all of Robos iconic poses are possible . If anything the limits to flexibility work in favour of the figures realism . This is helped by the fact that all of the figures black areas ( neck , mid-riff , elbows, knees etc) are covered by rubber , just like the real suit . I can't stress how good this effect is , as it adds a sense of authenticity that puts this fellah in a different league from the usual 1/6 figure . It really makes that much of a difference .
ROBOCOP006.jpg

Now I'm a model builder of some years experience , but I admit I would struggle to achieve the quality of paint job evident on this figure .It's hard to believe its a factory application and not a custom job . No simple silver spray here , oh no , shading and blued highlights are all present and correct , topped off with a gloss coat that replicates Robos showroom finish perfectly . Lovely stuff . All paint aps , including round the face are nigh on perfect . Mmm , the face . I have it on good authority that the helmet IS removeable , but I personally don't have the guts to investigate further as it seems to be VERY firmly attached . It's enough for me to know that there is a face under there . Attention to detail is what Hot Toys are all about and this is even extends to the articulation of the figures feet . They are jointed at the mid point enabling the "toes" to bend and the rods/pistons at the back of the calves are connected by springs . This means the ankle articulation is not hindered at all . The neck joint which made life difficult earlier is also worth noting as it is equipped with 2 ball joints , enabling the head to be positioned in such a way as to be extremely expressive, which as the actors performances relied on mime tecniques is again very life-like .
ROBOCOP016.jpg

Just as in the movies , Robos right leg splits to facillitate the storage of his Barretta Auto 9 in an internal holster , and while in many instances ,working features can be the downfall of a figure , in this case it works really well . As for accessories ,Robo comes with a total of 6 hands in various configurations including the infamous "interface spike" which dealt with Clarence Boddiker in such a messy manner . All pop on and off quite efficiently which is more than can be said for the "Gun Arm" which was a little more reluctant , but as I have no intention of displaying him with it on this doesn't really concern me . All the same it's a nice , well detailed item .
ROBOCOP011.jpg

ROBOCOP013.jpg

In fairness , I must point out that I have a couple of little gripes with my figure , firstly the right leg has a tendency to pop off but this is only when the leg is lifted past a certain point . To be honest though it doesn't interfere with normal posing of the leg so I'm not losing any sleep over it . Also , the figure has a couple of scuffs/knocks which although relatively easy to remedy with a little care , I don't really expect to see on a figure of this price . To sum up then , the truth is that this is as close to a perfect 1/6 representation of the movie character that you are likely to get and therefore worth every penny of the ( admittedly high) price . I have the AvP Warrior on order as well as the next set of Marines , Ripley and Terminator Endoskeleton and if they are up to the standard set by this figure , I have no worries that they will be worth it as well .
ROBOCOP004.jpg

ROBOCOP019.jpg

:wink:

Back