Custom Han Solo sculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigHurtenflurst

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Not to start a big flame war about the Sideshow Han sculpt (as I imagine might possibly have happened more than once), I was just wondering if anyone has replaced the headsculpt with any of the ones sometimes seen on E(vil)bay? Replaced some of my HotToys Aliens marines head to great effect, and I would love to have a better Solo.

I got this one the other day for $15, thought it might have some potential:

head05.jpg

Comparing it side-by-side to the Sideshow sculpt, I think it's not too bad.... Though I find it hard to tell without paint.

Anyone got pics of any of the other custom Hans out there?

Also, anybody interested in painting it for me? :D

Did you get that from diver4 or whatever his ebay name is? I just got a Luke from him and man is that thing pitted out. Full of little bubble holes. I wanted to get the Han too but after this one I just don't know. Is yours pitted out too?

rabidwolverine21 said:
that looks more like a re cast of one of the old hasbro heads.

That IS a recast of an old Hasblow™ head...I have that exact head at home on my Han Solo with carbonite block 2 pack from a few years back...

Cocoboloboy said:
Did you get that from diver4 or whatever his ebay name is? I just got a Luke from him and man is that thing pitted out. Full of little bubble holes. I wanted to get the Han too but after this one I just don't know. Is yours pitted out too?

....Hmmm. Yup, Diver 4. The price seemed right, and it shipped real fast, but:

Close examination reveals a mild case of acne on the cheeks, which I was assuming the paint would cover, but now I see that there's a fair sized bubble under the top of each eye-lid that might make painting the eyes too difficult. Oh well, for $15 you can't expect too much. Caveat Emptor, or whatever.

So this is a re-cast of an old Hasblow head? I can't picture that one....

Are there any GOOD Han customs out there you're aware of?

Anyone seen this one? With a re-paint maybe.... I think the unpainted profile shot looks promising.....

hanheadtrio.jpg

HigHurtenflurst said:
I got this one the other day for $15, thought it might have some potential:

head05.jpg

that's a cast of hasbro's bespin han solo. you could of purchased the full figure for under $10.

and if you care about property rights, please don't buy from diver4. he recasts sculpts that people pay at least $500 to commission thru a pro sculptor. he's known to the hobby as a scumbag who sells crappy recasts of other's work.

here is the hasbro bespin han solo...for sale for $9.

92ef_1.JPG

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-POTF...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Regardless of where it comes from, despite the chubby cheek issue on SSC's (which to me is minimal), the Sideshow sculpt is far closer to Ford than the Hasbro figure, other than the crooked nose and lips, the Hasbro sculpt doesn't look much like Ford at all.

MaulFan said:
despite the chubby cheek issue on SSC's (which to me is minimal), the Sideshow sculpt is far closer to Ford than the Hasbro figure, other than the crooked nose and lips, the Hasbro sculpt doesn't look much like Ford at all.

Here's my re-shaped SSC Han with Customikey repaint:

P6050067.jpg

captain sack said:
and if you care about property rights, please don't buy from diver4. he recasts sculpts that people pay at least $500 to commission thru a pro sculptor. he's known to the hobby as a scumbag who sells crappy recasts of other's work.[/url]

I've heard this before but I'm just curious as to how he gets ahold of a $500 commissioned head to make recasts? And yes the quality of his casts is very poor.

dekadentdave said:
Here's my re-shaped SSC Han with Customikey repaint:

P6050067.jpg

Everyone's got their own tastes, I think Mikey's paint is great, but I think the resculpt work you did made it look worse, but if you're happy with it that's what matters.

Lonnie at HeroHeads offers a couple of Harrison Ford headsculpts, sculpted by Jim "Edylhands" Maddox. Amazing work. I picked up the "Han Solo" version a couple of years ago and it's still the best one I've seen so far. He has a "Blade Runner" and an "Indiana Jones" version still available, so with a little sculpy hair added, it should work fine for the "Scoundrel"...

Here's a link: https://www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf

You'll find some other amazing sculpts available as well.

Cocoboloboy said:
I've heard this before but I'm just curious as to how he gets ahold of a $500 commissioned head to make recasts? And yes the quality of his casts is very poor.

the owner of the head, unknown that he's a recaster, sells him a copy.

FlyAndFight said:
Lonnie at HeroHeads offers a couple of Harrison Ford headsculpts, sculpted by Jim "Edylhands" Maddox. Amazing work. I picked up the "Han Solo" version a couple of years ago and it's still the best one I've seen so far. He has a "Blade Runner" and an "Indiana Jones" version still available, so with a little sculpy hair added, it should work fine for the "Scoundrel"...

Here's a link: https://www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf

You'll find some other amazing sculpts available as well.

Hey, thanks! I bought one of his Apone's for my marines.... never thought of looking for something to convert to a Han! Do you happen to have a picture of your Solo? Love to see it!

MaulFan said:
Everyone's got their own tastes, I think Mikey's paint is great, but I think the resculpt work you did made it look worse, but if you're happy with it that's what matters.

Better than the bloated fat-face Han.

2107_press04-001.jpg

Last edited:
HigHurtenflurst said:
....Hmmm. Yup, Diver 4. The price seemed right, and it shipped real fast, but:

Close examination reveals a mild case of acne on the cheeks, which I was assuming the paint would cover, but now I see that there's a fair sized bubble under the top of each eye-lid that might make painting the eyes too difficult. Oh well, for $15 you can't expect too much. Caveat Emptor, or whatever.

So this is a re-cast of an old Hasblow head? I can't picture that one....

Are there any GOOD Han customs out there you're aware of?

Anyone seen this one? With a re-paint maybe.... I think the unpainted profile shot looks promising.....

hanheadtrio.jpg

Those look like they came from the Gentle Giant bust. The photos don't do the portrait justice as the likeness is excellent (under the bland paintjob of course). Best of all, it comes in two flavors -smiling and non-smiling. The Frontline Hero heads are very good but you might want to do something about some of the lines on the face that make Ford a little older than when he played Solo. I plan to do a little sanding and filling on mine, plus try and make him look a little thinner.

Wouldn't it be easier just to buy an actual GG bust and decapitate it? It'd be more expensive, but it saves having to paint it and risk it not coming out as good ...

Even with all of it's faults, the Sideshow sculpt still has the strongest likeness out of the ones I've seen.

img5297600tc2.jpg

Outlander said:
Wouldn't it be easier just to buy an actual GG bust and decapitate it? It'd be more expensive, but it saves having to paint it and risk it not coming out as good ...
That's just what I'm going. And I'm repainting them anyway.

JustinLuck said:
Even with all of it's faults, the Sideshow sculpt still has the strongest likeness out of the ones I've seen.

img5297600tc2.jpg

Has that Han been re-painted? It looks a lot better than mine in that pic.... The hair color is better too.... If so, who did it?

Back