PDA

View Full Version : The Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Bronze Bust who has them? sound off!

The Monster
06-19-2007, 06:46 AM
The Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Bronze Bust, Who has them? Sound off! :monkey5

oxbeard
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Paging LC, Paging LC, Lonnie you are wanted at the front desk :lol

lcummins
06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Paging LC, Paging LC, Lonnie you are wanted at the front desk :lol

He already knows I have one... :rotfl

The Monster
06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
He already knows I have one... :rotfl

Hey Lonnie I also sent this to Dusty to pass along today.:D

Sideshow, I would LOVE to see a Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Life Sized Bust done in SSE!:monkey5 After all, Bernie's sketchs are done in Black & White. :D

Batty
06-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I wish I had one. :monkey2

Bannister
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
How many of these were made?

lcummins
06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
How many of these were made?

Well officially, it was an edition size of 50, but the rumor is that only about 15 were ever made...

Bannister
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Well officially, it was an edition size of 50, but the rumor is that only about 15 were ever made...
Nice. Also, what was the original price of it?

lcummins
06-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Nice. Also, what was the original price of it?

This is a promotional post card for it...

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Frankenstein13.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Frankenstein14.jpg

BrianK
06-19-2007, 05:06 PM
I always loved Bernie artwork especially with Frankenstien. I would love for SS to do a Swamp Thing fashioned after his artwork. Maybe even Cain & Abel from House of Mystery.

Bannister
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
This is a promotional post card for it...

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Frankenstein13.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Frankenstein14.jpg
A simple $1650.00 would have been fine.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5
Actually thanks for posting those pics. I always like seeing promotional stuff like that.

The Monster
06-20-2007, 07:41 AM
A simple $1650.00 would have been fine.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5
Actually thanks for posting those pics. I always like seeing promotional stuff like that.

I think we all got off topic :drool over Lonnie's Bronze.:lol What I was saying is those of you who would like Sideshow to make a Black & White one of this bust, Please sign this thread.:D

Thanks,
The Monster

occulum
06-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I think we all got off topic :drool over Lonnie's Bronze.:lol What I was saying is those of you who would like Sideshow to make a Black & White one of this bust, Please sign this thread.:D

Thanks,
The Monster
might wanna retitle the thread then :D

The Monster
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
might wanna retitle the thread then :D

yes but I am also looking for the others who have the Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Bronze.:D

customizerwannabe
06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
The other 14? Not many people. Sold a long time ago. Unfortunately I think your odds of finding one this way are slim but good luck.

knewby
06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Indeed good luck. I sold that piece to Lonnie. I bought it back when SS was brand new and there was not even an internet. At the time SS also offered a resin blank of the sculpt and I've seen a few of those painted up over the years and they were nice indeed. I still have some of the promo posters that SS did featuring Wrightson's frankenstein model and drawings. Here is a promo flyer from 10 years ago....................................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/100_2657.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/100_2656.jpg

lcummins
06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Indeed good luck. I sold that piece to Lonnie. I bought it back when SS was brand new and there was not even an internet. At the time SS also offered a resin blank of the sculpt and I've seen a few of those painted up over the years and they were nice indeed. I still have some of the promo posters that SS did featuring Wrightson's frankenstein model and drawings. Here is a promo flyer from 10 years ago....................................Larry

Hey Larry, long time no see! I haven't seen you post since Leatherface PF shipped. Are you getting any of the 1:1 Universal Monster busts?

knewby
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Lonnie....I havent ordered anything in the bust line from SS yet..nothing has blown me away.....yet.......

The Monster
07-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Hey Lonnie....I havent ordered anything in the bust line from SS yet..nothing has blown me away.....yet.......

:confused: Wait you are all saying 15, However the adds & this bust state 50 were produced where are the other 35?:confused: If their are only 15 that makes the edition size a lie. :rolleyes:

The Monster
07-07-2007, 01:54 AM
:confused: Wait you are all saying 15, However the adds & this bust state 50 were produced where are the other 35?:confused: If their are only 15 that makes the edition size a lie. :rolleyes:

Sideshow DOES NOT tell lies so therefore there has to be 35 more out there somewhere.

knewby
07-07-2007, 06:19 AM
When I originally ordered the piece, I spoke several times with Greg Anzalone on the phone. The pieces were made to order, and by that I mean once you placed an order then the bust was poured. The edition size was set but Greg told me they had only done around 15 or so pieces, probably due to the huge cost back then. I'm sure that they never made the entire run of these....Larry

The Monster
07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
When I originally ordered the piece, I spoke several times with Greg Anzalone on the phone. The pieces were made to order, and by that I mean once you placed an order then the bust was poured. The edition size was set but Greg told me they had only done around 15 or so pieces, probably due to the huge cost back then. I'm sure that they never made the entire run of these....Larry

If that is the case, Could Sideshow make me one to order? Sideshow, I will gladly pay for it. :D

amarcord
07-07-2007, 03:29 PM
If that is the case, Could Sideshow make me one to order? Sideshow, I will gladly pay for it. :D

If Sideshow did not make the complete run, they may still make the rest of the busts without braking the limited edition rule.

But I doubt they will...

Bannister
07-07-2007, 06:57 PM
All the edition size means is they can't make more than 50. I think MR did this as well with some of their early lightsabers. I think the first Vader saber has an es of 7500 but not that many were made.

The Monster
07-08-2007, 01:16 PM
All the edition size means is they can't make more than 50. I think MR did this as well with some of their early lightsabers. I think the first Vader saber has an es of 7500 but not that many were made.

Even so, Why not make the other 35?:confused: People WOULD buy them!

Bannister
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Even so, Why not make the other 35?:confused: People WOULD buy them!
But then they wouldn't. It might be too costly now to produce them.

The Monster
07-08-2007, 02:37 PM
But then they wouldn't. It might be too costly now to produce them.

Too costly? Yeah right! Everyone buys from Sideshow, They are the best their is!;) Too make the rest of the Bernie Wrightson Bronze busts would not brake the company, Trust me!:D

customizerwannabe
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Ready to pay triple the original cost? That might be how much they'd charge at this point. They are out to make a profit...believe me.

The Monster
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I will not say.