Which Batmobile is the coolest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batmobile is the coolest?

• 1966 Batman TV Series Lincoln Futura

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • 1989 Batman Impala

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • 1992 Batman:The Animated Series

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 1995 Batman Forever

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 1997 Batman & Robin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 2005 Batman Begins Tumbler

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
"It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car."

Which Batmobile would you want to pick up the chicks with?

1966 Batman TV Series (Lincoln Futura)
1966batmobile.jpg

1989 Batman (Impala)
batmobil_br.jpg

1992 Batman: The Animated Series
1992-batmobileBatmanTheAnimatedSeries.gif

1995 Batman Forever
batmobil_bf.jpg

1997 Batman & Robin
batmobil_b_r.jpg

2005 Batman Begins (Tumbler)
batmobil_begins.jpg

I love muscle cars and this reminded me of them..............muscle car on steriods but muscle car none the less! :D

The 1966 George Barris Batmobile will always be my favorite.

I also like the sleekness of the '89.

I think you'd be a dork if you tried to pick up chicks in any of 'em.

I had to go with which car would I want to drive to Vegas in. 1989 Batmobile all the way.

But which car would I drive around Chicago -- I mean Gothum? Tumbler.

It's pretty sad when downtown Chicago has to double for Gotham City. That's pretty bland. Gotham is a megopolis known for its gothic archetecture and art deco. Chicago just looks too 20th century.

dekadentdave said:
It's pretty sad when downtown Chicago has to double for Gotham City. That's pretty bland. Gotham is a megopolis known for its gothic archetecture and art deco. Chicago just looks too 20th century.

Have you been to the city? Chicago's got a bad rap. The sunken streets of Lower Wacker, the archetecture, the world's tallest inhabited buildings, the river! Okay, get out of downtown and it's a boring sprawl with horrible freeways but downtown is beautiful. Maybe I'm baised but I've lived in Chicago and New York and they both have the most beautiful buildings. Now L.A.... L.A. is ugly.

1989, TAS or Tumbler. NOt sure which yet. I love them for different reasons, and theyre all from different incarnations 0f the character so its a toughie to pick.
The rest are..:monkey1

I suppose you gotta be old to think that the '66 car is "cool", because you had to grow up watching the show..I grew up watching re-runs of the show in the late 70's, and to me it's the coolest, but for the modern incarnations of Batman, I'd go with the 1989 mobile..

Tumbler and 89 Batmobiles for me. Though the 60s Batmobile doesn't look that bad at all.

The very least one should be able to expect from a superhero car is the ability to turn corners in a congested city like Gotham. I love the look of Anton Furst's Batmobile but it looks more at home on a straight drag strip. I understand and do like the Tumbler but my favorite is still the classic 1940's incarnation with the face shield and single large fin.

More cool stuff here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batmobile

Nick

dekadentdave said:

Sadly you're right. There's a lot of parts of Chicago that fit Gotham very well, but it's all being torn down for yuppies and to move the middle and lower class out. Now the upper class are calling themselves middle class and it's a damned lie. The class system is out the window in the backwards city. Sorry, I'm bitter, it used to be my home.

Had to go with the Tumbler.... Truly Badass ride. :rock

89 was a close second though, and I always had a soft spot for the animated series batmobile.

metaphorge said:
I picked the '89, but it's really close between it and the Tumbler. It would make sense to me for Batman to own both. ;D

I also went for the 89. Still the best to me with the Tumbler a close 2nd.

Back