My Custom Aliens Frost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBoz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I finished (sort of) my custom Frost. I didn't do a lot. I used Apone armor, removed the hasp and sardine opener and filled the holes. Than added the heart graffiti and the tape on the shoulder. I repainted the Apone head because it kind of looked like Frost. It's only my second ever repaint, so it's not great, but I can live with it. The only other thing that I might do is dirty up the BDUs and helmet cover, but for now, it's done. I didn't paint the hands to match to match the head because the hands are rubbery and I fear that the paint would just chip off.

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

Of course, he is wearing the t-shirt underneath the BDUs.

IMG_1102.jpg

Way to go DBoz, you got yourself a Frost!

Btw, check out the Remote Sentry gun thread.... :D

The ill Jedi said:
Frost is looking good!!

Dboz, is that Bianca Beauchamp on your screen? :drool

Why yes, yes it is. :D

check out the Remote Sentry gun thread....

I have been following it, but haven't yet decided if I want to jump on. Space is a premium these days. Although if Angie Portman is going to do the build, I may have to get at least one. I've seen her work and it is amazing.

BTW, thanks for the comments everyone.

Nice work on the Frost custom Dboz! Excellent work! That is exact same thing I plan to do to make a Frost. I doubt there is a custom head of actor Rico Ross out there...anywhere nowadays. So I was gonna use that original HT Apone head, and get some armor and BDUs from Monkey Depot. By the way, whose boots did you use? I see a nude Hudson body on auction on eBay, but without a head, hands, or feet/boots. What hands did you use that fits the Hot Toys marine body? Let me know. Thanks!

I'll probably end up doing the same thing for a custom Hicks. Since it's just getting nearly impossible to find a Hicks on the bay, or here on this board. I'll keep looking though....:D

I used the Apone body and boots. I'm gonna get one of the new HT AA bodies when they come out and one of the Hero Heads Apone sculpts to use for my Apone.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I guess I can get two sets of Hudson stuff for my custom Hicks and Frost. Since their BDUs and armor are all pretty much the same except for each soldier's different decorations on his armor. Did you see my thread I just posted tonight with pictures of my repainted Ripley and Drake Hot Toys heads, and my custom Hudson and Apone? Take a look and post your thoughts there for me. I appreciate it!

Yeah, that "Apone" headsculpt that Hot Toys did looks nothing like actor Al Matthews that played Apone. So I knew when I got the HT Apone, that I'd get a custom head. The HT Apone head makes a good Frost head. Who knows if HT will ever make a Frost anyway? I wonder what they'll do for ALIENS after the Ripley with the power loader? Maybe the power loader will be the end of ALIENS stuff from Hot Toys? I hope not!

Well, blame that paint job on the eyes on Hot Toys. That's the original paint job from them on the eyes since that head he used for his Frost is the Hot Toys Sergeant Apone head.

Yes, the eyes are the original paint job. I just repainted the skin color to cover up the goatee.

Yeah, you can get a loose duffel bag on eBay from a Ripley or a Hudson HT. Here's a link to an auction for one now:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Alien...9462576QQihZ011QQcategoryZ27294QQcmdZViewItem

I highly recommend this seller, "blackopstoys". His name is Brian Lowy, and I've bought lots of loose Hot Toys ALIENS marines stuff from him lately for my marines. I got in a Ripley stand, a dark blue jumpsuit/flightsuit, and white sneakers today I'm using to make my custom Bishop. He's a nice guy, and has fair shipping prices, and nice loose product. Check out his auctions. I'll be buying from him again someday soon I am sure. :D

Back