What are the chances of a Hot Toys Chris Reeve Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish for this everyday. I think we'll get a Chris Supes one day, from who I dunno. I think the deal is, is to get the likeness they have to go to his son. And I can see any toy company being a little tactful here and just saying "Let's wait."

PosterBoyKelly said:
I wish for this everyday. I think we'll get a Chris Supes one day, from who I dunno. I think the deal is, is to get the likeness they have to go to his son.

he has a grown daughter as well. she looks a lot like him.

alexandra_reeve.jpg

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20010184,00.html

with our luck, DC will probably slap chris' head on that crappy 13 inch body they have.:eek:

If a company would approach it tactfully and with the idea that some of the profits would go the the Christopher Reeve Foundation....that would be an excellent idea.

Zero. Even if Chris's trust would allow it, I doubt Warner Bros. would. For the same reason we'll never see an authorized Keaton Batman - they don't want people to be using old properties when there is something newer out that they'd rather promote such as Superman REturns (and it's sequel) and the Nolan Batman franchise.

Last edited:
McHaleyArt said:
If a company would approach it tactfully and with the idea that some of the profits would go the the Christopher Reeve Foundation....that would be an excellent idea.
Yup, my sentiments exactly. Hot Toys are probably best qualified to pull it off, but the likeness would have to be better than their Routh effort.

Darklord Dave said:
Zero. Even if Chris's trust would allow it, I doubt Warner Bros. would. For the same reason we'll never see an authorized Keaton Batman - they don't want people to be using old properties when there is something newer out that they'd rather promote such as Superman REturns (and it's sequel) and the Nolan Batman franchise.

but in 2006, the "year of superman", they sure promoted the heck out of everything superman. everything ever put on film was released that year on DVD. they even had a cool trailer featuring all the actors who played superman.

so if they will sell chris reeve, or george reeve or dean cain DVD's the same year a new movie is out in theatres and DVD, why not high end collectibles too? it's not like mattell would be putting new and old superman figures in walmart.

and keep in mind, for the first time ever, a linda carter wonderman statue will soon be available. if the reeve estate will agree, i bet we'll see some sort of merchandise of reeve, a statue at least.

HT likes to sneak likenesses out there. They've gotten away with Jean Reno, Christian Bale, and Tom Cruise...I'm sure they can sneak Reeves in somewhere.:monkey3

Spliff said:
HT likes to sneak likenesses out there. They've gotten away with Jean Reno, Christian Bale, and Tom Cruise...I'm sure they can sneak Reeves in somewhere.:monkey3

with the superman haircut? and while an unofficial reeves sculpt would be great, just imagine how nice hot toys could make the superman costume.

Having made some Reeve Supes figures in my time, I can say, it is not an easy thing to get away with. I sold only to private collectors, and it was fine. But I never sold one on Ebay. Warners looks on that with angry eyes.
Very, angry eyes.

However, I do wish Hot Toys would go ahead and do one. And a Keaton. They are not totally within the licencing framework, but are large enough to care if WB came after them on it. It's a mixed bag for them I guess.

I think they could get away with them, but like Darklord Dave said, with newer properties out there, and the licencing going for hot $$$, why would HT gamble and not go with the new and safer stuff?

It is sad, but most likely, NO.
I would love to be wrong though.

Darklord Dave said:

Since I'm assuming either of these would be (like the Superman Returns and Batman Begins before them) not for the American market, would this rationale really apply? For example, it's only been a couple of years back that Medicom did a series of Kubricks based on the two Burton Batman films, Nicholson Joker and all.

Last edited:
I truly and dearly hope I'm wrong - I have some pretty great customs of both, but I'd love to see a Reeve and Keaton 1/6. Given the recent Lynda Carter WW, I guess it's more possible than it has been in the past - but then there's no active WW franchise to compete right now either.

Here's an idea - everyone go out and buy one of Reeve's little medals to support his foundation - and then we send them to Warner Bros. to try and convince them to give HT (or Takara) the license to do a Reeve Superman. It worked with nuts and Jericho...

Darklord Dave said:
I truly and dearly hope I'm wrong - I have some pretty great customs of both, but I'd love to see a Reeve and Keaton 1/6. Given the recent Lynda Carter WW, I guess it's more possible than it has been in the past - but then there's no active WW franchise to compete right now either.

Here's an idea - everyone go out and buy one of Reeve's little medals to support his foundation - and then we send them to Warner Bros. to try and convince them to give HT (or Takara) the license to do a Reeve Superman. It worked with nuts and Jericho...

That's not a bad idea Dave!

I grew up watching the old superman movies with Reeve,if Hot Toys ever made one with Reeve`s likeness this would be my ultimate Figure,nothing is even close to a Reeve Superman figure.

As good as the Superman Returns figure from Hot Toys look,i wouldnt be fully satisfied with it,it must be a Reeve for me to buy any superman figure.

I grew up watching the old superman movies with Reeve,if Hot Toys ever made one with Reeve`s likeness this would be my ultimate Figure,nothing is even close to a Reeve Superman figure.

As good as the Superman Returns figure from Hot Toys look,i wouldnt be fully satisfied with it,it must be a Reeve for me to buy any superman figure.

Same! Reeves was a Superman...............

It could happen but I think odds would be that DC Direct would do it instead of HT. And that would suck royally. I'd rather see it not happen than have them do another terrible 13".

They might do a good statue tho' as the Linda Carter one isn't bad (smaller than I thought it would be).

It could happen but I think odds would be that DC Direct would do it instead of HT.

They might do a good statue tho' as the Linda Carter one isn't bad (smaller than I thought it would be).

I tend to agree with this. DC may do a Reeve Statue but also remember Andy Bergholtz is now doing work for them, isn't he? If so, it could be a terrific piece.

Most of you know from my Avatar I have one of the rare Les Walker Custom Reeve sixth scale figs but I'm not so sure anyone will be doing one anytime soon, but you never know. If so, it would probably be DC IMO. :D

Back