8 inch Real Action Boba Fett & Darth Vader from Tomy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 8 inch figure line from Tomy

Saw these last night. Looks cool but I'll be passing.

jlcmsu said:
Saw these last night. Looks cool but I'll be passing.

That's kinda how I felt, they look to be about RAH quality, but the only figures I own that they could go with would be Hasbro's Force Battlers and they wouldn't look right together, plus $99 for an 8inch figure when 20-30 bucks more gets you a 12" figure is kinda crazy, though I understand the body is made of metal and not plastic, still can't see reason to pull the trigger, it's tempting, but my rational brain is kicking in here.

MaulFan said:
That's kinda how I felt, they look to be about RAH quality, but the only figures I own that they could go with would be Hasbro's Force Battlers and they wouldn't look right together, plus $99 for an 8inch figure when 20-30 bucks more gets you a 12" figure is kinda crazy, though I understand the body is made of metal and not plastic, still can't see reason to pull the trigger, it's tempting, but my rational brain is kicking in here.
That's one long sentence, but I agree with you! :D

When I first saw them I thought they were like the Force battlers, but the 2nd image at SWS shows the breakdown of the pieces, and they are pretty intricate, definitely not toys. I went ahead and ordered. You can never have too many Darth Vaders or Boba Fetts.

But the price is a bit steep for these. They're listed as having 20 points of articulation, which is less than an RAH, correct? For the same price, I bought a Stormtrooper and will be getting RAH Fett as well. If these were around $50-70, then I'd probably bite on the Vader because it does look really good.

Maybe once they ship and reviews start surfacing, I'll change my mind and get Vader.

I wonder how much these would be if they didn't have a die-cast body.

I used to collect this line before my RAHs. They are very detailed for their scale and they quality of the materials used are top notch.
Here's a few pics of my masked riders.
They're bout 7.5-8 inches.

Very expensive though.

IMG_1377-1.jpg

IMG_1376-1.jpg

V32.jpg

1-They're Metal
2-They're imported from Japan
3-They're from Lucas
=
Expensive.

They look cool, but I can pass.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Just how articulated are they, Scarlet? Compared to an RAH?

Let's just say it's Very basic. The appeal with these figures are that they are very detailed for such a small action doll.

The internal body are pretty simple, nothing RAH like but the latest ones are made of die cast if I'm not mistaken.

They look good(the ones I had) and I think Boba will too. Just that Vader will look too awkward with all that gear on him.

Are these available for pre-order anywhere else?

These producers are just proving that Star Wars fans will buy anything.

The accuracy of these pieces do not look good enough for their price tag. The pics on SWS look very prototype to me so I'm guessing the final product will vary a bit.

Save the $99 and buy a much better 12 inch Marmit kit from ebay!

As much as I am a collector of the bounty hunter, I don't think I need this die-cast version of him. To add, I have to build him too?

Rather stay with my RAH Boba that is coming.

MaulFan said:
Breathe man, BREATHE! ;)

I kind of agree, although the notion of die cast metal bodies does intrigue me.

I'm not sure if the armour are metal. I think it's only the body that's made of metal. Anyone can clarify this?

These guys look cool! But... for that price point I'd need their helmets to come off and super-articulation. Not to mention I'm not sure I need Star Wars figures in every scale available. Still... look cool.

The Bodies look a lot like the Hyper Hero ones from a while back. I have two of them and they aren't bad base bodies, but nothing very exciting. And I imagine with all of the gear and armor you'd end up with pretty restricted movement.

Back