Full LifeSized Items

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

with the very slight possibility that we could see Sideshow take over from Master Replicas, (so this thread is still relevant), I was wondering if anyone had their own full lifesize figures such as Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper that was made up of fan made armour and tailoring?

I was toying with the idea of buying one of those Rubies supreme edition Vader costumes and putting it on a mannequin, however, I wasn't sure of the quality, although the helmet looks to be well done the quality of the rest of the costume seems rather suspect. Imagine a full sized Vader in your Hallway or cinema room??!!

Any thoughts or pics would be greatly appreciated.

D

I have the supreme edition Vader costume. Parts of it are very nice, but others are very poor. Gloves, terrible. Body suit, nice for pleather. It really depends on the budget you want to spend on having something like this on display. The average person probably wouldn't care, they would be impressed, but huge fans might notice some of the cheaper elements. You can find parts for a really nice Vader suit on ebay, but be prepared to shell out some cash for them.

I have the Rubies life-size Vader statue that is limited to 500. I've had it for about 8 years now and I still enjoy looking at it as much now as I did the day I got it.

1001093fm4.jpg

I'm also in the process of working out a deal on a life-size Stormtrooper to go along with my Vader, Fett and Maul statues.

yes that is an awesome statue Brent. does it make all the noises, have any speech etc?.

I've heard that the Rubies Suprem costume has a breathing sound effect. I have seen a review of the helmet and it seems that it's based upon the ESB version. I have seen various pieces of armour on the bay but how would I make the Mannequin as tall as Dave Prowse, I believe Vader was Approx 6'5, could be wrong though.

Has anyone got pics or reviews of the Rubies costume? I would really consider doing this if it could be done properly and didn't look like amateur hour at a craft fair. Also, does Vader have special boots, are they riding boots?

D:confused:

Brent72 said:
I have the Rubies life-size Vader statue that is limited to 500. I've had it for about 8 years now and I still enjoy looking at it as much now as I did the day I got it.

1001093fm4.jpg

I'm also in the process of working out a deal on a life-size Stormtrooper to go along with my Vader, Fett and Maul statues.
Vader looks great. Are you working out a deal with Brian's Toys?

The Ringer said:
Vader looks great. Are you working out a deal with Brian's Toys?

No, the Stormtrooper they have is priced way too high IMHO. I'm doing a deal with a guy over at the Replica Prop Forum for his life-size Stormtrooper. :cool:

so does anyone know where to get a good mannequin for hanging costumes on, looked on ebay but they are in slightly affeminate poses. Is there like a special military hard nut mannequin shop floating around somewhere?

D

Brent72 said:
No, the Stormtrooper they have is priced way too high IMHO. I'm doing a deal with a guy over at the Replica Prop Forum for his life-size Stormtrooper. :cool:
If you get it make sure to post pics.

Does anyone on here own this item to confirm it's awesomeness? I might be in the market for one to set up on a mannequin...

THREAD NECROMANCY!

The Rubies Supreme costume is a trumped up Halloween costume. Its cheaply made, thin plastic and poor paint jobs. If it showed up on a SS 1/6 figure, people would blast it, and tear it apart.

That said, most people won't see the innacuracies. They'll just say 'Hey, Its Vader!'. You can get it for a decent price now, but if you want something good, and accurate, you can do better, but it will cost you more, and take longer to track down the parts.

It's either necro posting or being referred to the search engine! ;)

And yeah I know I can do better, but that Don Post price tag is a bit scary.

I do believe that another company will have the license to do full sized costumes, possibly with manikins, Museum Replicas. They haven't started yet, and will likely do Vader at some point. No clue on accuracy, quality, or price.

I have a full sized Vader outfit, and to date, I've probably sunk about 6k into it.

Hmm nice, and I know Museum Replicas so that will probably be alot more than the Rubies suit. And I am not such a Darth Vader nut as you so I don't think I am gonna see all the faults with the Rubies suit, at least I hope so. ;)

Back