Sideshow: Update the Vader pictures, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gruson

As most know, I hated the Sideshow Vader when the first pictures were released. The mask and helmet were REALLY off and needed some major corrections.

Thankfully, Sideshow did correct my major issues with Vader, as seen with these more recent pictures:

snapshot002436mj.jpg

snapshot002542ol.jpg

snapshot002452az.jpg

My question is, why not update the site?

The Luke and Han images no longer show the prototypes, so why the cheesy, "Hasbro" looking Vader doll pictures? :)

Please show us more updated pictures.

This is now the ultimate Vader piece IMO and I cannot wait for it!

This piece is going to kick major ass. I also hope that pictures of the Mouse Droid surface soon.

The Sideshow 1/4 line is where the majority of my collecting money will go over the next few years.

:google Holy Cow! Major Improvement! Now I dont even know if Im keeping my GG vader, Ill stick with Sideshow 1/4 line and Attakus. Great Work Sideshow!

They have some problems keeping website information/pictures up to date. Don't hold your breath.

I don't have a Darth figure yet and I can't wait for my Sideshow one to arrive! :banana

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

re

Vader looks amazing now! The SW range has REALLY got me addicted - all spare cash is heading SS way if they keep up this good quality! :banana :banana :banana

Man, can't wait to see what surprises will surface at SDCC. Obi-wan, I think, is a certainty. Maybe the droids...?

re

I have little in the way of sculpted Star Wars stuff (the maquettes only and the Vader statue:| ) as most of what I treasure resides on my walls...60 Ralph McQuarrie prints from 4-6, :rock :drool so these Sideshow pieces will be at the heart of my collection. :thud

Attachments

• PSX_20180610_005520.jpg
    PSX_20180610_005520.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 101
Re: re

My guess is that since Vader is sold out there's no urgency to update his photos. There are more important things that need to go up.

Re: Re

Huge improvement!! :clap
I think these Star Wars 1/4 Statues will blow us away.

Re: Re

God, I hate that left handed saber grip! That is bugging me like crazy!
The film accendentally got flipped while editing the original back in '77 and that is what they are going by...
No Vader was no doubt, ambidextrous and therfore proficient with both hands being his strong hand when wielding his saber, but the look of a southpaw is very different from a right-hander...
It is just a personal issue with me...it bugs me.
I teach stage and screen combat and perform in continually myself and I just hate the look of that in his left hand. (Strong hand)

re

I'm sure we will be seeing lots of Vader pics from SDCC.

No doubt, along with some forthcoming releases as well. It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't showcase a new piece from that line. I am extremely confident we'll see Ben and perhaps Leia. :drool After all, all of the Ep4 pieces are now sold out, so they need to keep interest alive in the line by putting another up for pre-order.

Attachments

• 2018-08-18 16.48.56.jpg
    2018-08-18 16.48.56.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 87

I'd imagine they used the flipped grip look so that Vader and Obi-wan will look better together. And he DID appear in the film that way... (even if it was a backwards shot). :lvader

hey....that's a very good point and one that I did not take into consideration!:toast

Now, if I only believed SS had that same intent!;)

Attachments

• 4d.jpg
    4d.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 81
  • hells kitchen 9j.jpg
    hells kitchen 9j.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 91
  • hells kitchen 3c.jpg
    hells kitchen 3c.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Deadpool 3c.jpg
    Deadpool 3c.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Deadpool 7g.jpg
    Deadpool 7g.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Deadpool 11b.jpg
    Deadpool 11b.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 81
  • dracula1a.jpg
    dracula1a.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 92
  • NEO3D.jpg
    NEO3D.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 89
  • jabba 4d.jpg
    jabba 4d.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 94
  • jdp 3d.jpg
    jdp 3d.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 84

Actually they're not all sold out, Luke and Han are back up on 2nd chance. :p

BTW.. am I missing something - WHAT major improvements is everyone ogling about? Those cam shots are too crappy to flatter that figure...and even by those shots yeah.. it just looks like a doll.

Look forward to seeing some high rez pics of the "modified" Vader at SDCC or whenever.

I don't know what they mean as MAJOR improvments either...

The Left hand is so glaring for me that if they improved it since those initial pictures....I haven't noticed....

I always wait for them to be released anyway to judge them better!

It's a 100% improvement in my opinion then the initial prototype we saw on the web cam. To be honest I wasn't going to buy one until I saw the finished version.

Jesse

I don't know what they mean as MAJOR improvments either...

1. Look at the "tusks" on the mask. One is now black and the other is silver just like in the film.

2. The lightsaber has been changed from completely silver to what it looks like in the film.

3. The top part of the helmet now comes down lower on the brow.

4. The lightsaber now is being held in a position further out, so it doesn't look so much like he's trying to catch a fish.

5. It appears to me that the chest armor has the silver and black colors switched from where they were before (by this I mean, what was silver is now black, and vice-versa).

6. The eyes look more oval than they did before.

7. The cape now wraps around the body much better (although this is probably due to the way the 1st pictures were taken).

The mask and helmet are most improved IMO.

Improved areas:

eyes
"triangles"
dome
helmet is MUCH lower on brow now

Glad to see those web cam shots I snagged being put to good use :p I have more if you want me to post some more.

It looks very nice no doubt and I'm sure I'll get one but I will say I think I will always prefer a more "statue" look to the "clothed" look.

Back