Alien VS Predator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
Thought I would start it off with this great set I got today. Made by Palisades.

259016988.jpg

259016984.jpg

259016979.jpg

259016973.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics. Here's a better one from ebay.

sgridscarset.jpg

Yeah, Palisades made some really nice stuff and when they went belly up, the prices dropped like a rock. You can get a lot of those items for a song on the bay.:D

This movie could have been a lot better!!! but i have hopes for the Second one!! Rated R and looking great!!:rock congrats on your new AVP dio:rock

customizerwannabe said:
Yeah, Palisades made some really nice stuff and when they went belly up, the prices dropped like a rock. You can get a lot of those items for a song on the bay.:D

Yeah, too bad about Palisades. They really did make some cool stuff. I have a few LOTR figures they made. I remember seeing these AvP statues somewhere a while ago. I wouldn't mind having them at all, they look very well made. Btw, what do they generally go for on the bay these days?

twistedfreak said:
That looks good, Ed. How much did the set cost ya?

I got a pretty good deal, but I think it was because the title was a little ambiguous. "ALIEN VS PREDATOR BATTLE SCENE FIGURES ". Got the pair for 100.00

Congrats on the set C. I too have the set for quite a while now, watch out on those blades(2 sets) on the Scar Predy statue, they are VERY fragile. Here're some pics of the their last piece, the Grid Alien(The color of the blood is not accurate but it an easy fix) bust.

It's too bad that the HT Grid Alien doesn't look as good as that mini-bust. They just painted on the grid and the color was even wrong. The detail on that bust shows all of the grooves from the net cut into the dome. Incredible.

dekadentdave said:
It's too bad that the HT Grid Alien doesn't look as good as that mini-bust. They just painted on the grid and the color was even wrong. The detail on that bust shows all of the grooves from the net cut into the dome. Incredible.

From a distance it does look like the grid is just painted on and that's what I thought when I first got it. But the scoring is there, it just isn't very deep. And even though the color is more green than yellow, you'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it. Maybe one of these days I'll repaint it when I have time, and cut the grid a little deeper while I'm at it, but I can live with it for now. Besides Queenie it was the only memorable alien in AvP, and it's the only HT Alien I have at the moment. I can hardly wait for that Aliens version!!!

The scoring is pretty hard to see in these pics, but it's there I tell ya! :D
HTAvPGridAlien1-1.jpg

HTAvPGridAlien1.jpg

I like the brown alien much more than that grid one.

I'll take your word for it but the paint really cheapens it I think. It looks like a glorified version of the McFarlane 12".

Les? Les? Yoo hoo... Les?

Grid could really use some of your magic.

nash said:
I like the brown alien much more than that grid one.

I agree, Brownie has more character. Still, the Grid isn't too bad if you have one in your hands. A little tweaking would improve it quite a bit, and you wouldn't even have to have FML skills, but a complete workover would make it look a hell of a lot better than it does out of the box, no doubt about that!

I only have the regular grey version... but I think out of the three the brown is probably the best looking, but I don't think they ever had brown ones in the movie so it seemed like an odd choice to me.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Those pics rock, bro! Just what I was looking for. I can see the cuts are a lot deeper and there's also a lot more grid damage on the right shoulder than the HT figure has. Looks like they used later images for the blood pattern, judging from the "group" pic. I like the earlier look better, so I guess I've got some work to do. With these grabs for reference it should make the job a lot easier! I'll post some pics of him when the deed is done. Thanks again for the help, man! :cool:

Back