THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES OFFICIAL SERIES THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
:bborgGeneral information pertaining to the FOX television series based on James Cameron's classic sci-fi film franchise...

It's going to be REALLY hard for me, at least, to see any other actress portraying Sarah Conner other than Linda Hamilton! I remember that she was married to James Cameron when he was directing "Titanic" and he cheated on her with an actress he hired in that movie! Brilliant director, one of my favorites, but what an idiotic thing to do! They were soon divorced before Titanic came out I think. But, I'm sure Linda Hamilton doesn't want anything to do with Terminator now! I was so upset that she wasn't in Terminator 3. But, I'll at least watch the pilot for this series and see how it is.

What I find so absurd about it is the fact that they are basing this series around Sarah's character and we know that she is going to to die from leukemia by the end of it based on the continuity of T3. Kind of pointless don't you think? So we see how she trains young John in the intervening years. Like we couldn't have filled in the blanks between T2 and T3. And the whole idea of them being chased week after week by more Terminators (and poor-man's ones at that) is just ludicrous. If they wanted to do a Terminator series, why not base it on the Future War? Should have been the John Connor Chronicles. That is what I would like to see.

The ticking clock is part of the fun. Just like in Smallville, we all knew that from the get-go that Clark and Lana were doomed. And that Chloe and Clark were doomed. And that Jonathan Kent would die. And that Lex would turn into Clark's greatest nemesis.

Future War doesn't lend itself as easily to television. This can be shot at local locals or in Canada in pre-existing sets and requires much less f/x, props, etc. Plus, they're trying to tap into the Smallville, Roswell audience. Not old farts like us who remember the old Terminator movie series.

dekadentdave said:
What I find so absurd about it is the fact that they are basing this series around Sarah's character and we know that she is going to to die from leukemia by the end of it based on the continuity of T3. Kind of pointless don't you think? So we see how she trains young John in the intervening years. Like we couldn't have filled in the blanks between T2 and T3. And the whole idea of them being chased week after week by more Terminators (and poor-man's ones at that) is just ludicrous. If they wanted to do a Terminator series, why not base it on the Future War? Should have been the John Connor Chronicles. That is what I would like to see.

That would make a cool season cliffhanger....Sarah dying and John taking over and hiding and not using credit cards and **** like that....

Yeah, this show may be stupid.

Yeah, I love that first Summer Glau poster. Very Ghost in the Shell.

As for the show itself, it's sci-fi on Fox, the kiss of death. If X-Files had premiered more recently instead of during Fox's infancy as a network, it wouldn't have lasted a month.

I seen the original pilot for this.. I wonder how much it changed? Supposively they changed some scenes involving the classroom shooting. The pilot was decent though. Im only watching this cause summer glau is in it.

Thanks for the heads up, Batty. I may be getting old but I went with this one...

I love the way she's looking at the gun in her hands.

Thanks for the heads up, Batty. I may be getting old but I went with this one...

I love the way she's looking at the gun in her hands.

No problem. I think they all look good. And you are getting old! :lol

Wait, are you older than me? :monkey4

I can't wait for this series, the trailers look great. Plus, with no Heroes and no Battle Star this winter I will need to get my sci-fi fix from somewhere.

Back