TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
:bborgFor all things related to Jonathan Mostow's sequel to James Cameron's science-fiction franchise...

Dave, really shocked to see you even start a thread for this film, I would think this would be the one that gets swept under the rug like it never happened.

MaulFan said:
Dave, really shocked to see you even start a thread for this film, I would think this would be the one that gets swept under the rug like it never happened.

It wasn't all bad, I liked seeing the early editions of Terminator technology. The opening scene with tons of Endos, HKs on the hunt.

ONEYE said:
It wasn't all bad, I liked seeing the early editions of Terminator technology. The opening scene with tons of Endos, HKs on the hunt.

I don't think it's totally bad either, there are moments and effects I enjoy, but if you truly like Cameron's story, this film loses what made Jim's films unique and just becomes another sci-fi action film like the rest, and those who post with Dave on Terminator know his stance on T3.

Don't really care for it but since we are seperating things it's only fair for those that collect/have an interest in this film.

Just watched this for the first time. It's ok, but there are too many moments that are played for laughs that bother me, especially how he got his leather outfit and sunglasses.

This movie sukked balls!

The second I saw the female terminator inflate her boobs, I lost all respect for the film.

King Darkness said:
This movie sukked balls!

The second I saw the female terminator inflate her boobs, I lost all respect for the film.

Bingo. Talk to the hand. Oy...

I think I had blissfully forgotten about the boob inflate... but "talk to the hand" was just painful :monkey2

I actually kind of enjoyed this movie, but then, I wasn't expecting anything.
Not the best by any means, but I liked it more than Pirates 3.
Or Spiderman 3. As threes go....:lol
Anyway, after a T-X figure set, the girl and the droid versions.

Thanks for seperating all these out Dave. At least we can address them all in kind, as they need to be.

To me, T3 is a pretty good sci-fi film, not that great an action film. Which is the oposite of T2 (not that great a sci-fi film, but pretty good action film.) IMO.

figuremasterles said:
I actually kind of enjoyed this movie, but then, I wasn't expecting anything.
Not the best by any means, but I liked it more than Pirates 3.
Or Spiderman 3. As threes go....:lol
Anyway, after a T-X figure set, the girl and the droid versions.

Thanks for seperating all these out Dave. At least we can address them all in kind, as they need to be.
you may be right!?i am somehow not attracted anymore to any of the things everyone here likes to "HYPE" about!?they seem pale in comparison to 'superman returns'!?it sure fits scriptural doctrine!?hehe!!....just askn...

entertaining film, great action, superb visual effects, interesting story, but not necesarily a great addition to the franchise. would've preferred if it either ended with T2 or if they went straight into the direction of T4.

galactiboy said:
I think I had blissfully forgotten about the boob inflate... but "talk to the hand" was just painful :monkey2

They had the right idea with the humor, but it failed. I know he is a coked-out druggie and all, but I really wanted Edward Furlong to play the role that made him famous too.....the missing presence of Sarah was rough...this just felt like an incomplete movie in some ways.

The movie was awesomely lackluster!!! I hated the complete lack of the Terminator theme... I remember thinking in the cinema, how I'd love to get some one to re-edit the soundtrack to have the Terminator "brooding" music... You know the "Terminator Heart Beat" whenever you see the terminator/s going about their mission... It just didn't feel like the Terminator movie without it. I did enjoy the beatdown scenes though and the Crane scene I think every one enjoy that, I don't care what you say!

oh yeah... the soundtrack was god aweful. nothing like brad fiedel's metallic, robotic and yet melodic score

Back