Your favorite Batman costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batsuit is the best?

• 1. Gray suit, plain bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Golden Age/early Silver Age)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 2. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Silver/Bronze age/Superfriends)

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 3. Gray suit, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Modern look/TNBA/Alex Ross)

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • 4. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (BTAS, assorted modern comics)

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 5. Black body armor, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Tim Burton/Forever)

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • 6. Black body armor, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Batman Begins/TDK)

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now, I'm really not going to go is specifics in terms of the outfit, just the general look.

Which style do you prefer?

1. Gray suit, plain bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Golden Age/early Silver Age)

2. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Silver/Bronze age/Superfriends cartoon)

3. Gray suit, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Modern look/TNBA/Alex Ross)

4. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (BTAS, assorted modern comics)

5. Black body armor, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Tim Burton films/Batman Forever)

6. Black body armor, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Batman Begins/TDK)

I think I like numbers 4 and 5 the best, since I think they look the most bad-ass, and they are the ones I grew up with. While classic and cool in their own way, the gray and blue suits are way too campy and colorful for a "dark knight" who wishes to blend in with the shadows.
The body armor adds practicality to a normal guy going out to fight crime, and it's just cool, if not too over done (nipples not required.)
Plus, I just like the classic yellow oval, and I like the explanation of it being a target to distract enemies from aiming at his head.

What about you guys?

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Alex Ross = batman

Yup.

It's classy, it's stylish, Gray and Black only. I guess ALL black is more practical really, but who cares, it's a comic book. Gray and Black outfit is timeless.

All black always makes me think of the flicks (not a bad thing, but it dates the outfit kinda) and the Blue brings me back to Adam West, again dating it.

But the original colors of black and gray are just forever cool.

Here's a pic I found covering some action figures of Batman over the ages.

BAT_AGES.jpg

Rumour has it that the next Bat Movie (The Dark Knight ) features a black and grey suit ! I would actually welcome this , as although a HUGE fan of Batman Begins , I wasn't keen on the suit . I appreciate the practical reasons for it's design ( military body armour etc) , but I find the grey/black look more aesthetically pleasing . Look at fan films such as "Dead End" to see how effective this colour scheme/design can be . Also , the way I see it ,Batman is so bad-ass, he doesn't have to worry about being bullet-proof , as he is too damn quick to be shot!

Alex Ross Batman I hope batman will look like that in the new movie.The only draw back to batman movies is that body armor dead end is the only one that got it right.

Billy

DarkArtist81 said:
For me it's a solid tie... between the Begins outfit (for it's realism and style) and the Alex Ross version for it's classic take.

Same here! :D But voted for the grey/black modern, cause I could only pick one.

I have a soft spot for BTAS. The Grey/Black has always been my favourite, but I love how they realisticly translated it onto screen. I actually never been a big fan of Ross' Batman. His interpretations of nearly every superhero are my favourite, and yet my all time fave Batman isnt. I dunno I just see a middle aged man in dressup.
Grey/Black gets my vote.:D

My movie Bat suit vote goes to Tim Burton's 1989 Batman suit. I too like the fact that the yellow oval was used as a target since the body armor wouldv'e protected a shot to that area.
The thing that I love most about the 1989 version was that the body suit was sculpted to look like a real human body, i.e. the abs. Not only did I prefer the look of it to the modern body armor sculpt(especially since it mimics the look of the comics) but I thought it added a psychlogical edge to Batman over his enemies.

My comics vote would go to the grey/blue with the plain black bat symbol. Jim Lee's version of Bats is my favorite.

Collector Freak said:
I only care about Batman as a movie character, so I voted for:

bd3683qa8.jpg

****ing incredible.
The only thing I don't like about the Begins costume is the mask. The bat-ears are too small and weird looking, and it gives Bale puffy chipmunk cheeks.

You've over-looked the MOST classic Bat-suit of all-Adam West! Who doesn't love the satin cape and trunks, the lilac body suit, and that oh-so-scary mask?It's discrimination, I say!
Seriously, my favorite is the 'Returns' suit.The more sculptural look just appeals to me;also, the cowl seems to fit better...PS

The Ross. Easy.
But, I love the 1st Burton and the new one as I love those movies.
Also, I truly prefer the original 1939 style, but it changed so fast, that it was gone within a few issues.
Sad. But, the Ross is the most dominating to my mind otherwise.

Back