Exclusive version - just the stand? What do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

So for the new Red Baron the only difference between the exclusive is the stand is included with the exclusive and not the regular.

For B&B the stand isn't standard, so this IS an extra. Would you prefer if this were the difference now on for ALL exclusives?

Would you be more or less likely to buy the exclusive version if this was the case?

If it brings down the cost and/or ups the amount of accessories that would be a nice trade off. I don't use the stands unless the joints are totally floppy, or absolutely necessary, as with the 'Thunderball Bond'. If you're ordering direct, and seeing the price is the same, you'd naturally go for the one with the stand, whether or not you use them. Aftermarket stands are very cheap. I'm not impressed by the stands and, so, prefer a lower price point.

So to answer your question, it wouldn't make me want an exclusive B&B as the shipping wouldn't warrant it. The fed-ex depot is an hour and a half drive from my place one way, and it is hard to be at home during the hours they are likely to call. That makes me less likely to want to order direct as it is. So less likely gets my vote.

If all future exclusives just have stands, I'd be less interested in buying direct from Sideshow's website.
Now a days, I only buy exclusives on Sideshow's website, and it has to have an interesting enough exclusive item in order for me to place the order, I've skipped on a few that had uninteresting exclusives.
I'm more aggravated by Sideshow making important items exclusive to a select number of figures like Faith's Slayer Scythe, or Washington's sword (Sideshow still hasn't updated that one) or something really cool looking like the FBI jackets on the Mulder and Scully. It also irritates me when it's a figure that doesn't come with many accessories to begin with, like General Ursus.
It's great when it's like Jason 7 who has a ton of great accessories and comes with something non essential like the tree trimmer or in Oz's and Vamp Spike's case another clothing accessory. I also like the Dogget and Dr. Zaius exclusives which feature a whole new outfit that wouldn't be made otherwise.
I've come to understand that exclusives are essential for Sideshow to exist on the web the way they do today. Without them, Sideshow wouldn't have as much exposure or much interactivity with their fans. so I'm ok with exclusives as long as everybody in the world with internet access has a good chance at getting one at a decent price.

Here here. It is about time Sideshow, looks to the bigger picture. The local market has been achieved. Time now to afront the International market, and get the jump on other Americanised latent profit makers.

I would have to agree. A stand is not going to do it. The competition is getting stiffer in terms of upper end figures and sideshow needs to increase assessories to survive. Their sculpting is top notch and clothing is excellent, but their assessories is their weakness. To command higher prices with the exclusives will necessitate something a bit more fan catching than a stand. Futhermore, not everyone uses the stand.

I would be disappointed if all they offered for the exclusive
was the stand. I buy here because the exclusives give you
something special. Plus I still think Dru should come with
more than the dead bird. The accessories make the
exclusives truly exclusive.

I think it would kill online ordering direct from SSC. I don't see them making this decision but it would save me a few bucks if they did since I wouldn't be ordering from the website much anymore. Also take a little fun out of the package. Nope, I'm agin' it.

A stand as an exclusive?

No offense to SS but that's stupid.

I actually thought that was a mistake when I read it.

I mulled this over and think it must be an experiment in marketing. The results yet to be determined. After all, there will be no regular version till the exclusives sells. Whether it sells rapidly or not remains to be seen. What those results will lead to is something else to think about.

Are collectors, particularly those of the German military figures, rabid enough to snap up the exclusive, particularly if they have already devoured the previous version. Or will they now wait patiently till they can get their hands on a discounted regular version. Now what is Sideshow up to, me wonders?

A stand isn't going to cut it, in regards to exclusivity. It would definitely be better if the exclusive provided a different headsculpt or an integral item not found in the regular release, such as an article of clothing or weapon.

Didn't Sideshow do the different headsculpt bit on the exclusive for the 006 figure?

ye they did, that was a good exclusive. The stand? thats just expected really. not impressed, I'd want something exclusive, not regular and expected. something that makes it special.

The stand is a regular on all the other 12" figs so why is this different?
thats my opinion.

The stand isn't standard on the historical figures, so it is a bit of an extra for Red Baron. But is it enough to make you buy direct?

A great idea!!!
And for the next exclusive....only it will come with hands!!! :lol

No offense Sideshow, but thats one lousy idea of an exclusive. Your prices already have enough people looking to buy the figures elsewhere. You should consider adding more accessories to every figure, not taking them away.
And I thought Caesar's circus poster exclusive was lame!! :dunno

Well to answer the question, it's a lousy exclusive. When I buy an excl. it means I pay up to 50% extra. So I think it should be an intricite detailed piece of extra weaponry or clothing, but really really good enough to justify the extra cash.
I think they're very cheap on the accessories with this one, if they used the flight cap as an excl. it would torpedo the value of the regular so they just threw in a stand.
And as to not piss of the owners of the old one they didn't even include the pouch, which is quite nice imo.
Strange marketing tactics with this one...
I don't mind the rehashing of this figure as everyone should have a chance to get him, but I would have liked there to be loads of extra's, reason enough for me to buy him twice. It's not like I have loads of options to satisfy my WWI hunger. And I'm belgian for crying out load, the hunger is significant.

However, if the excl. would be a diorama stand, something like Dragon's Garrett White or Dan Summers, I'd be more happy.

the poster on the ape might be lame but I'd love it if they did a "Dingoes Ate My Baby" poster with a new willow or something!

Back