if you could hear the curses!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
my cousin has gone ballistic. he is still trying to order obi-wan and is getting 'software error'. you think sideshow would upgrade their servers to accomodate a popular order like this. can you say pathetic? :lol

No matter what hiccups Sideshow's servers experience, they're
still many, many lightyears ahead of gentle giant's servers.

JS

It looks to me like its nothing to do with the server and everything to do with the database/web interface.

Loading the pages is actually the quickest its been. So don't blame the techies - look to the web guys, or maybe the dba.

LordAzrael said:
It looks to me like its nothing to do with the server and everything to do with the database/web interface.

Loading the pages is actually the quickest its been. So don't blame the techies - look to the web guys, or maybe the dba.

bottom line, sideshow disappoints again. if their system for whatever reason cannot accomodate a large amount of traffic, they failed. why don't you call sideshow when their lines aren't busy anymore and explain your theory of why? :lol i'm sure they'll want to listen to it as much as we do. :rolleyes:

tylerd said:
bottom line, sideshow disappoints again. if their system for whatever reason cannot accomodate a large amount of traffic, they failed. why don't you call sideshow when their lines aren't busy anymore and explain your theory of why? :lol i'm sure they'll want to listen to it as much as we do. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately phoning is not an option for me *points to location*

The way it works is I get connected and the call charges start the whole time you're on hold. Not great for international callers.

LordAzrael said:
Unfortunately phoning is not an option for me *points to location*

The way it works is I get connected and the call charges start the whole time you're on hold. Not great for international callers.

wow, that sucks. you mean you're charged for a busy signal? doesn't seem right if you haven't connected to the number you're dialing.

tylerd said:
wow, that sucks. you mean you're charged for a busy signal? doesn't seem right if you haven't connected to the number you're dialing.

Nope - but you connect to the main switch and get the message and put on hold till you can get transferred through to sales. And you certainly do get charged for that. ;-p. I tried during the Asaaj PPO then got a nasty phone bill.

At least I've got mine for this PPO now thanks to a fellow Freak :)

Now back to bed for 3 hours before I have to get up and go to work.

LordAzrael said:
Nope - but you connect to the main switch and get the message and put on hold till you can get transferred through to sales. And you certainly do get charged for that. ;-p. I tried during the Asaaj PPO then got a nasty phone bill.

At least I've got mine for this PPO now thanks to a fellow Freak :)

glad to hear you got one!

Great news Lord Az! Good for you bro!

Yeah, curses were many from my tongue before a fellow Freak saved my day!
Shout out to those that helped others on this day of preordering woe!
There be class here!

Hang in there, those that haven't made it yet.

None of you tried to order the MR Gree helmet I can see that was a days worth of hell, I got my order in at like 4pm.

tylerd said:
my cousin has gone ballistic. he is still trying to order obi-wan and is getting 'software error'. you think sideshow would upgrade their servers to accomodate a popular order like this. can you say pathetic? :lol

It's not a real big problem that happened with their servers. It was some software problem, and Sideshow does amazingly well for these preorders. I remember back when Amazon was doing the $100 Xbox 360 around christmas and people almost crashed their server, it was jammed for 15 minutes. And that's Amazon.com--the world's largest online retailer.

darthviper107 said:
It's not a real big problem that happened with their servers. It was some software problem, and Sideshow does amazingly well for these preorders. I remember back when Amazon was doing the $100 Xbox 360 around christmas and people almost crashed their server, it was jammed for 15 minutes. And that's Amazon.com--the world's largest online retailer.

with streamlining their server, they should be able to do a good amount. a forum i'm a member of has over 5000 people on it at one time. wow can have tens of thousands on at the same time. with fiber optics and the monster servers available, the problems sideshow had today from a couple of thousand people ordering should never happen. people like my cousin spend all their bucks on sideshow stuff, like many here. the people deserve a hassle free ordering experience.

time to upgrade their software, hardware, network, whatever it takes for that never to happen again. sideshow is no longer a garage company. they are one of the leaders in the industry. if i was the owner, my it department would be in deep doody. excuses why it happened won't correct problems. upgrading will.
if trump owned sideshow, we'd be hearing.. you're FIRED! :lol

SS may not be a "garage company" but they arent pulling in money hand over fist either. WOW can afford the servers because they have the players by the balls for $20 a month.

LordAzrael said:
As a fellow Brisbanite I'm now glad I got the dates mixed up and missed the whole thing (I thought it was tomorrow). I would've been up till dawn at least. Now I can have a relatively early night tonite.

Oh, and I'm on the wait list, so we shall see.

I love how people who have never probally worked in IT know everything about servers and websites, a 5000 person forum is much easier then a store.

mfoga said:
I love how people who have never probally worked in IT know everything about servers and websites, a 5000 person forum is much easier then a store.

Yeah, databases are wicked resource hogs!!!

... and, Sideshow is actually still a small company. I believe their "store" servers are hosted in England actually, last time I checked, so it may not have even been their IT staff involved.

Memnoch21 said:
SS may not be a "garage company" but they arent pulling in money hand over fist either. WOW can afford the servers because they have the players by the balls for $20 a month.

obi-wans sold yesterday in 2 hours.

1977 X $60 = $118,620

probably could afford some sort of upgrade.

Now take out licensing fees, staff wages, payments for their warehouse facilites, materials costs, shipping costs...

Back