I'm building 3 full-size R2 units!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
And I thought being single and rid of female influence was going to make me more SANE!

:confused:

:monkey5 :monkey5

only if you spend "quality time" with yourself. :)

sweet...keep us updated with pics!......of R2.

jlcmsu said:
How much do you like Raman Noodles?

I better start getting used to them, huh? :lol

Here's the thing, though... as cool as Sideshow's upcoming R2 is, I will be making 3 accurate R2 units for the cost of one of those, and 2 will have all the bells and whistles: moving aluminum dome, LED and fiber optic lights, sounds, full R/C mobility, etc.

But I'll still have to get a SSC C-3P0 to keep R2 company. :monkey5

Amir said:

I am building two R2-D2s: one that will be static with 2 legs and for display purposes only made almost entirely of fiber glass (including the dome), and will be Tatooine weathered-- and the other that will be The Real Deal, clean as a whistle with a shiny aluminum dome.

The third will be a custom R2 unit of my own design (colors), which will be fully-functional as well.

My friend Bob will also be working on a fully-functional R4-K5 (Darth Vader's Astromech droid).

We're basically hanging up our armor-finishing side business for a while, because well, building robots is so much more fun! :D

And I was "fortunate" enough to luck into 2 good deals on some R2 parts recently, so that's what sprung the leak. :lol

IrishJedi said:
I better start getting used to them, huh? :lol

Here's the thing, though... as cool as Sideshow's upcoming R2 is, I will be making 3 accurate R2 units for the cost of one of those, and 2 will have all the bells and whistles: moving aluminum dome, LED and fiber optic lights, sounds, full R/C mobility, etc.

But I'll still have to get a SSC C-3P0 to keep R2 company. :monkey5

Man, that's awesome!! I look forward to seeing and reading more of how your work goes.

3????? Wow talk about taking a leap. :lol I would love to build one when I have more room and time.

Cool, can't wait to see some pictures, I too always wanted to build an Artoo unit. :)

I'll indeed have some pics up before too long and will use this thread to chronicle our progress for my SW friends here. :)

I'm going to try my hardest to have at least one done before Dragon*Con (Labor Day weekend).

I guess if you have top focus your energy somewhere, this is the way to do it.

I can't wait to see pics! :duff

Good luck IJ! Sorry to hear about the divorce situation, bummer. Wasn't your ex in a stormtrooper outfit once? Maybe it was someone else's wife. But anyway good luck with your new endeavor.

IrishJedi said:
I'm going to try my hardest to have at least one done before Dragon*Con (Labor Day weekend).

If so, I'll probably be there. I never noticed you lived in ATL before Irish. I just moved here in Dec. from Chicago.

Can you make me one that will get me a beer from the fridge everytime I want one?

nash said:
Can you make me one that will get me a beer from the fridge everytime I want one?

I want one with "goosing action" to annoy my wife, someone to do MY job when I can't be there.

DekeStarkiller said:
Good luck IJ! Sorry to hear about the divorce situation, bummer. Wasn't your ex in a stormtrooper outfit once? Maybe it was someone else's wife.

Yep. This be her with "George":
jgeorge_02.jpg

Now, BE NICE... she's still the mother of my 3 children! ;)

nash said:

It's funny you mention that because I'm considering making my static display one a functional "fridge" as well, so R2 can have cold beverages handy at all times. :D

Wow, don't these guys usually cost a grand or so to make? That being said, Id love to make one myself.

Back