1:6 Old Ben Preorder Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
bronco1855 said:
image gallery is up and he is looking great! :chew

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?&source=leftnav&kw=bhs

2114_press02-001.jpg

I really like what I am seeing. :rock

all we need is an r2d2 to project that leia hollowimage.

I can't wait to get this one. Ben is one of the most anticipated figs in the line for me...it's gonna be a looooong wait.

At 1977 it will go FAST. Holo Leia isn't that big a deal to me so if I miss it I won't be too bummed.

madden821 said:
At 1977 it will go FAST. Holo Leia isn't that big a deal to me so if I miss it I won't be too bummed.

Me too. Its a cool exclusive, but I won't cry too many tears if I can't get in (but hey, I have never missed one I tried to get yet). :D

My prediction:

1) Exclusive sells out in 30 minutes or less.

2) Regular sells out by end of the day.

He looks fantastic, can't wait, be great if he was a Q3 release.

MaulFan said:
My prediction:

1) Exclusive sells out in 30 minutes or less.

2) Regular sells out by end of the day.

He looks fantastic, can't wait, be great if he was a Q3 release.

This is going to be an old school PPO, me thinks. I wish he were coming in Q3 since that would make the wait for this less painful, but I think he will be a Q4 release. :(

With less than 2,000 pieces, I think I'll just skip the PPO hullabaloo and pick up the regular on the cheap. That holo Leia ain't worth the extra $10 and aggravation to me.

TheObsoleteMan said:
With less than 2,000 pieces, I think I'll just skip the PPO hullabaloo and pick up the regular on the cheap. That holo Leia ain't worth the extra $10 and aggravation to me.

I kind of doubt that the exclusive will cost extra. Don't they usually reserve the price hike for bigger items like the mynock with Han?

Let's start something new for preorders. Lets have all of the good Photoshop peeps guess what the finished paint job will look like.

Here is my guess:

obiproposedpaintjob.jpg

I like in the emails how they keep saying "2 hour Pre-Order Window" How many of the exclusive figs have made it 2 hours?

pixletwin said:
I kind of doubt that the exclusive will cost extra. Don't they usually reserve the price hike for bigger items like the mynock with Han?
Nah, I meant I'd pick up the regualr version from another retailer. They generally run about $10 cheaper.

I know I'll be pre-ordering him too. I've got most of the Star Wars 12 ichers they've done in the last few years. He'll be a great addition to my collection.

Shropt said:
Let's start something new for preorders. Lets have all of the good Photoshop peeps guess what the finished paint job will look like.

Here is my guess:

obiproposedpaintjob.jpg

Going by Boromir, Legolas, the Endor Troops, and the T2 line as what SSC gives for true production quality, I think the final product will be damn close to proto on this one considering that white hair is white hair, and those who have Sarah Connor know Trev's sculpts shine through great even with paint, so the hair detail shouldn't be lost. I stand by my feeling that Yavin Luke was run through production faster than standard and is no basis for judgement on quality, and the list I started with, which are the most recent human faces I can think of, have been fantastically painted and I'm not worried one bit.

Crap. 1977! That is WAY too little exclusive for Obi-Wan. He should have been inclusive. Screw the 'tribute' to the year. I have a bad feeling about this...

Back