CIV Redemption Poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, Star Wars Shop has a new exclusive poster up that is suppose to be a reproduction of a huge painting at CIV.

Brosio%20Redemption.jpg

The two pics I have found of the poster look really dark. How did this piece (poster or canvas original) look in person?

not into that one, but i got this one coming thanks to mark. The most bad ass poster ive ever seen

24x36

Would be perfect if his saber was blue with that outfit but yeah those are both excellent.

Seth Gecko said:
Would be perfect if his saber was blue with that outfit but yeah those are both excellent.

he also looks like mark after the accident too...but it's conceptual so i like it.

i like the redemption one...classic moment.

Last edited:
Picked up both of those at CIV and dropped them off with the rest today for custom mounting & framing (which is ending up costing me almost as much as I dropped on all of the artwork itself). :google

"Redemption" is badass, by the way... huge and nearly 1-sheet sized.

Nash, did Mark get you the set of Seeley postcards as well? He was giving those out (set of 6, I believe) with each print purchase. I love the one of Luminara Unduli using The Force to heal a wonded Clone Trooper. :rock Wish that was available as a full-size print (they had one on display at CIV).

IJ not sure, he didnt mention it....hmmmmmmm!!!!!! :monkey1

Did you see the ones of the various ship squadrons? that was amazing. I hope he has that for sale as full sized prints some day. let me find it.

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:

Nah, i dont see it as depicting him from ANH or ESB. I like the fact that he has his ROTJ Green saber. It fits his expression and pose. The fact he's a Jedi and ready to kick some real ass.

I also love the fact it doesnt mirror any particular scene of the movie as i find that a bit cliche. I like the originality of it.

here it is. This is just amazing by Seeley. I hope he makes this available some day, i'd be all over it.

seeley4nh1.jpg

True it does work.The outfit just screams ESB hoth to me though,but theres enough of everything else going on to balance it. (if it was blue it would need a new hilt anyway)I would love to own it!

nash said:
Nah, i dont see it as depicting him from ANH or ESB. I like the fact that he has his ROTJ Green saber. It fits his expression and pose. The fact he's a Jedi and ready to kick some real ass.

I also love the fact it doesnt mirror any particular scene of the movie as i find that a bit cliche. I like the originality of it.

It looks like it's post-ROTJ, like him taking back the Imperial City. I love both of those posters though, the Redemption one is my fav. scene in ALL the films.

I ordered the Redemption poster, which will be arriving on Thursday. But I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer.

What are the dimensions of the poster???

SWS lists it as 27x34, which is an odd size. Do they mean 27x40 or am I going to drop a fortune in a custom frame (god, i hope not...)???

I think thats the size some walmart frames are i have that size.
My superman is that size i believe

001ou2.jpg

Last edited:
Irish, could you please give me a ball park figure of what it cost to get AH's Leia print framed?

I'd also love to see pics when you get it back :monkey5

nash said:
here it is. This is just amazing by Seeley. I hope he makes this available some day, i'd be all over it.

seeley4nh1.jpg

Yep! Those were some of the other cards in the set I got when I picked up his print. Great stuff!

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I ordered the Redemption poster, which will be arriving on Thursday. But I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer.

What are the dimensions of the poster???

SWS lists it as 27x34, which is an odd size. Do they mean 27x40 or am I going to drop a fortune in a custom frame (god, i hope not...)???

Indeed it's 27 x 34 or thereabouts. That was one of the items I dropped off at Hobby Lobby yesterday for custom mounting/framing. In total, I spent about $400-500 yesterday just on that stuff... and this isn't even half of what I purchased at CIV. :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
Irish, could you please give me a ball park figure of what it cost to get AH's Leia print framed?

I took mine to Hobby Lobby. It's 17 x 39, so it requires a custom-made frame. Because I knew it wouldn't be cheap I went all-out, nice bone-colored white wood frame, non-reflective glass, etc. Total: About $160. :google

It'll be worth it, though. This is a high-end fine art piece and it will look so once I get it displayed. :rock

Darth Loki said:
I'd also love to see pics when you get it back :monkey5

Sure thing. Might be a couple of weeks, though. I also got Carrie Fisher's autograph on a Slave Leia 8x10 at CIV (personalized to me, of course :inlove ) . Gonna get that one matted and framed and will display it with Adam's print in front of the GG statue. :chew

IrishJedi said:
Indeed it's 27 x 34 or thereabouts. That was one of the items I dropped off at Hobby Lobby yesterday for custom mounting/framing. In total, I spent about $400-500 yesterday just on that stuff... and this isn't even half of what I purchased at CIV. :monkey2

Oh that's just great. As if $$$ wasn't tight enough for me right now...now I have to get that thing custom-framed. :monkey4

Does anyone know of other display options? Perhaps buying those sectional frames listed on Michaels' Arts and Crafts website?

Any budget-minded help would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to leave this poster in a tube for years like I have most of my theatrical posters.

Thank you for the info BTW, Irish. I really appreciate it. :) But would you mind telling me how much the framing is just for that poster and if you got the cheap/medium/top-of-the-line option? PM is fine if you'd rather not say publicly. Thanks again!!

can one buy the artist prints on this somewhere or were they only sold at CIV?

Vader AL said:
can one buy the artist prints on this somewhere or were they only sold at CIV?
There are a couple of things that happened after the show.
1. The artist bought back what they had left and they can now sell them.
2. The artist sold them to Star Wars Shop.
3. They were destroyed (I know some of the prints Dave Dorman had for sale were destroyed).

I know a couple of the artists are around here but a better place to get a hold of them is here

nash said:
IJ not sure, he didnt mention it....hmmmmmmm!!!!!! :monkey1

Did you see the ones of the various ship squadrons? that was amazing. I hope he has that for sale as full sized prints some day. let me find it.
I am not sure I think so but I have no idea where they are if they did. I have so much stuff all over the place between the art I got and everything else.

IJ what prints did you end up with.

My list
Ralph McQuarrie "Droids in the Desert" & "Laser Duel"
Jerry Vanderstelt
Brian Rood "Star Wars - Where Science Meets Imagination" L.A. Exclusive signed
Marc Wolfe "Join the Fight!"
Mark Chiarello "Enlist Now"
John Brosio "Redemption" and got it signed
Malcolm Tween
Dave Dorman "Lord Vader's Persuasion of the Outer Rim World to Join the Imperial Alliance", Dewback Print and the Hoth Print
Clark Mitchell
Kilian Plunkett

I think thats it.

mfoga said:
IJ what prints did you end up with.

Oh, just a few... ;)

Ralph McQuarrie's "Droids in the Desert" & "Laser Duel"
Tsuneo Sanda's "The Saga"
Adam Hughes' "Nouveu Leia"
Alison Sohn's "The Princess" (w/ custom remarque)
Jerry Vanderstelt (scored both prints... bought a low # CIV print and it came with an A/P of his ANH print :rock)
Tommy Lee Edwards' "Skywalker: 30 Years"
Brian Rood (both prints)
Joe Corroney's "30th Anniversary"
Matt Busch's "30th Anniversary"
Chris Trevas' "30 Years of The Force"
Randy Martinez ("Sith Rocks" print & CIV poster)
Russell Walks (both his awesome CIV print and the new saga poster)
Cat Staggs' "Spirit of '77" (w/ custom remarque)
Marc Wolfe's "Fight for The Empire"
Jason Palmer's "Padme"
Mark Brooks' "A Long Time Ago... Far, Far Away"
Ken Steacy's set of 3 Luke prints
John Brosio's "Redemption"
Kilian Plunkett's "Sandcrawler Attack"
Dave Seeley's "Rogue Leader"
JAKe's "1977- A Long Time Ago"
Justin Chung's "30th Anniversary"
Brent Woodside (bought a custom ARC Trooper print)
Mark Raats's "Luke" (LFL had better let him release his accompanying Obi-Wan piece, which he had in his portfolio!)
John Alvin (CIV poster, which I had signed)
Dave Dorman

Believe it or not, I didn't even get ALL of the ones I wanted. :google And, no... I didn't buy them all at once. I went into the Art Show each of the 5 days and threw down a huge chunk o' change each time. :monkey2 This was not only to make it seem less painful financially, but also because of the logistics: it wasn't easy to transport all of those!

Last edited:
Damm, you almost beat Swabie:lol. Yeah I had to keep it under control so thats why a i got what i did. Did you get the Arc that Brent had displayed? That was sweet I had thought about asking him about that. I almost got a proof sheet of the badges from Jake but that fell thru. Do you really have the space for all of that? I know I am wondering where I will put all of this.

Back