Caesar arrives!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TCM Hitchhiker

Caesar is one of my favorite characters from the Apes films, but I wasn't real happy with the likeness from the photos I saw. Although it is still not perfect, I have to say, it looks much better in person, and really good if looking at it from a side view.

caesar01.jpg

ceasar02.jpg

I got the exclusive version with the mini-poster, but didn't even bother taking that out, since it is taped to the back, and I don't really have anywhere to display it right now anyway.

The only major problem I have with this figure, is his lack of chain leash, but I suppose that will be easy enough to make.

I think the head sculpt looks much more detailed on this one as compared to the early apes (much better hair lines and wrinkles). Can you confirm if it is a rotocast or not as rotocast is what destroyed my collecting of this line and several other lines. rotocast sucks

He looks great Hitchhiker! I'll have to save some pennies to buy one eventually.

I'm so happy with this one. The new headsculpt really captures the little details of the makeup used on Roddy McDowall. The box art is fantastic as well.

I sure hope the line will live on past the Mutants.

Anyone have pix of the box art?

I sure hope the line will live on past the Mutants.
Get those emails in to Sideshow. Only with massive numbers of emails can we hope to persuade the powers that be that more characters need to be added to the line. All the posts in the world would seem to be ineffective. Let's save the Planet of the Apes!!!

I think getting your friends to buy the remaining stock of apes would be far more effective than all the emails in the world.

I don't have a problem talking my friends into buying Ape figures like Zaius or Cornelius at their current price of about $20-25. I've picked up some doubles for that price myself. It's getting them to pony up the cash when they are $40-50 each thats the problem!

I don't have a problem talking my friends into buying Ape figures like Zaius or Cornelius at their current price of about $20-25. I've picked up some doubles for that price myself. It's getting them to pony up the cash when they are $40-50 each that the problem!

Amen to that!!

How many apes do I have to buy to get that Shultz off you?

You, Creecher. Your quote should read "How many apes do I have to buy YOU" It wouldn't help you at all if you bought them for someone else. :lol

I agree Caesar's profile is awesome. All I have to wait for now are the two Mutants. Does anyone know if the mutant leader will have his purple ceremonial hood and shawl or if the jailer will have his beige outfit underneath all the white? I wish that SS would make some environment props for the Ape line. A Doomsday bomb, subway tunnel, mini Statue of Liberty piece, Spaceship Icarus's nose sinking. A slave wagon or torture rack would and cool or an Ape "Human Display" with white glossy eyes and lobotomy the list goes on. P.S. Need an ape on horseback with battle flag!

I wish that SS would make some environment props for the Ape line. A Doomsday bomb, subway tunnel, mini Statue of Liberty piece, Spaceship Icarus's nose sinking. A slave wagon or torture rack would and cool or an Ape "Human Display" with white glossy eyes and lobotomy the list goes on. P.S. Need an ape on horseback with battle flag!

That is a good list there, Stickman. But after those two mutants, Sideshow has no current plans for any more Ape product. So the future of the Ape line is rather dreary.

Caesar arrives!!!

after those two mutants, Sideshow has no current plans for any more Ape product. So the future of the Ape line is rather dreary.

:curse Stop saying that!!!! :cry

Re: Caesar arrives!!!

Don't hint at such horror! Is it true that SS is pulling the plug on the Ape line? If so I emailed them telling them my concern. I have doubles of every character. I can never just let a figure sit in a box I don't care how rare they are. Unfortunately for me they always break. :rock
-Slave Taylor and Nova both crashed to the ground and each lost a leg
-General Ursus' head popped off and I tore the plastic inside the neck trying to put his head back on.
-The barrel of the General Ursus machine gun broke off when the gun fell out of his hand.

What's the deal with the lame Caesar poster? I could do that on my printer.

I also wish SS used the inside of the boxes to give us a backdrop to a diorama scene, i.e. the subway, Forbidden Zone or Ape City.

I went out and got almost the entire set, slightly less than retail. I think they are the best sculpts out there and must haves for POTA fans. I've held out on this line but decided that it is my last chance to own such great figures of movies that were really great and haunting. It's now or never. They can either get more valuable or drop in value like a rock, but I don't want to be without them.

And, ceasar looks great by the way, much better in person than the pic. Detailed and doesn't look like he has a huge chin as in the pic.

Stop saying that!!!!

Sorry, Ironman... don't mean to bum you out. The intent of the post was not to infuriate but educate. From the tone of Stickman's post, I thought he might be unaware of the current situation facing the Ape line.

If you wish to read the original thread about the status of the Ape Line, here it is

p078.ezboard.com/fsideshowfreaksfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=2350.topic&start=1&stop=20

I went out and got almost the entire set

That's the way to show Sideshow that you mean business... MONKEY BUSINESS!!! And don't forget to contact them via e-mail just in case.

It doesn't hurt and takes so little time! :banana

I can't imagine them not making the Gorilla in Red jumpsuit or at least a twin pack of the Ape-O-Nauts. This line can't be dead.

Back