Star Trek 12-inch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkgirl

:\ I have noticed that SSC has not really produced any Star Trek 12-inch figures if I'am not mistaken.They are bringing out so many figs from the Buffy line,they should start trying to do more Star Trek as well.All they seem to have is the 1/4 scale models and busts.I would really like to see some 12-inch Star Trek Figures.Especially from the tv series (The Next Generation,Deep Space Nine) and the movies

Which 12-inch Star Trek Villian would you like to see made?

Tolian Soran

Mine would probably have to be Dr.Tolian Soran

Re: Tolian Soran

Star Trek hasn't done very well for them in the busts, so I doubt they'd want to venture into the 12 inch arena with it. But I'd love to see it happen.

But.....didn't they get the license for 1:6 figures for Trek's 40th anniversary?? I just figured they held off announcing it because they had the Star Wars hoopla coming out. As for villains??
General Chang
Gorn
Harry Mudd
Gary Mitchell
Ruk
Trelane
Khan Noonian Singh
Kor
Koloth
Kang
Commodore Matt Decker [not really a villain, but antagonist
this episode]

***in my best Shattner voice***

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

:skull

457-KKHHHAAANNN.jpg

I'm not really into Star Trek anymore, but I wouldn't mind seeing Khan, Lore and Q.

At least with the differences in the actors appearance between the show and the films [and then between films] we should get varying sculpts of the crew, and in multible uniforms!!!

Add Moriarty from TNG to my list of villains. I'd buy a 1/6 figure of him in a heartbeat.

I can't understand why Sideshow haven't done 1/6 figures if they have the licence. If they ever do, I wouldn't mind an evil Spock. Weird how sporting a mo and goatee makes him so evil. :lol

Who wants a bust? SS should known that a 1:6 scale line of Star Trek The Original Series would be a goldmine. It's been over 30 years since Mego's Star Trek line and in my opinion they still haven't been matched. The Playmates 12" ST-TOS line that came out a few years back has been the only thing for collectors. The super muscle bodies, weak facial characteristics, oversized accessories and only 12 points of articulation spelled disaster for that line the second they were packaged for retail. :thwak

I don't think they have the license for 1/6. Although I don't see anyone knocking down Paramount's doors to acquire it.

Star Trek 12 inch

I don't think they have the license for 1/6. Although I don't see anyone knocking down Paramount's doors to acquire it.

With the 40th anniversary of Trek coming up, it seems the perfect time to revisit the license and have figures to celebrate it. As for them not having the license, you have the inside line on them, but my sources say they do.

Re: Star Trek 12 inch

the 1/4th scale Star Trek Kirk and Spock only had 1000 of each made and were still available last time I looked, the market doesn't seem to be there for Star Trek

the market doesn't seem to be there for Star Trek

I'm not all that sure that's true. While the market may not be ready for 1:4 scale furniture that would not fit into most figure collector's collection of Star Wars, Andromeda, Apes, Aliens and Predators, 1:6 Trek, with decent sculpts, accessories and uniforms could do well. Especially with the 40th anniversary coming up. We have not seen truly well made Trek since Mego's 8" offerings.

I'd love some 1:6 Star Trek figures! Unfortunately, I like Star Trek as much as I like Star Wars and couldn't afford them all. :(

I think if the 1/4 had been movie versions they would have done a lot better. Although Art Asylum seems to have only done well with TOS product. I'd rather see a mixture of movie and later shows with only a few TOS thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back