Medicom Luke cordless saber.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi, Ive been working on this for a fellow board member, basically creating a cordless saber set up for a medicom Luke.The main problem with Lukes ROTJ saber and at a later date Obi wans EP3 saber is the neck section of the hilt, even the MR FX sabers have had to thicken up this section on their sabers, I wanted to create a more authentic look to the hilt, so, i machined half of it from alloy bar, the metal allowed the actual hilt to become half of the electrical circuit to light the cathode tube(allowing a far thinner neck to be used),whilst the other half sits at the back of the hilt in form of a plastic section of the hilt with a steel band.(its completely cordless no wires from hand to hilt just place it in his mit and it lights up) In thse pictures the hilt is in a non finished state,needs paint apps and the sabers other details adding.Unfortunetly he has to be remotely powered as the small medicom body just wont take an invertor and a power source (yet)
DSCF0069-2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0071-3.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0057-3.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't have any idea how you made that work... but it is a thing of beauty! Seriously one of the most amazing things I've seen on a 1/6 figure!

galactiboy said:
I don't think I could afford one :monkey2
not for me to say what the board member paid but it wasnt costly,i wanted to do it so the fee was basically to cover bits.

Unfreakingbelieveable!!! That has to be one of the coolest things I have ever layed eyes on! Also, who wouldn't want one for their Luke? :D

I must concur with every one that has posted before me. That is beautiful. IF you start making them I would like to get in line...if it isn't too costly. :eek:

That is amazing.

Being a collector of 1:1 props (particularly lightsabers) I am astonished by the detail that you were able to impart to a 1:6 scale machined lightsaber, to to mention your technical wizardry in actually illuminating it.

Most of the Prequel Trilogy lightsabers were machined and would be good candidates for being machined in 1:6 scale as well.

Last edited:
Pretty awesome!

When Medicom Jango comes out, I want mine to be able to shoot fire from his gauntlet.....can you do that? :monkey5

Amazing! I haven't seen anything like it in this scale.
You don't have to tell us what you charged the other board member, just tell us what our cost would be.:D please...:monkey3

ProgMatinee said:
Pretty awesome!

When Medicom Jango comes out, I want mine to be able to shoot fire from his gauntlet.....can you do that? :monkey5

lol:D :monkey5

I imagine it could be done with Sideshow bodies? Just think of a whole row of Jedi's with ignited lightsabers...

:chew

Back