1/6 ANH Obi Wan - what if ...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
I don't want to detract from the fantastic job Trevor did on the soon to be released Obi Wan figure.

Anyone wonder what he would have looked like if Andy Bergholtz had sculpted him? Well wonder no more...

I saw this elsewhere and thought some of you may be interested. My apologies to Andy if you don't want this posted here I can remove these. Its a shame that this will never be produced, I'd have loved one of these too.

ben_big1.jpg

ben_big2.jpg

ben_big3.jpg

No disrespect to Andy Bergholtz. Even though the side profile looks great, I prefer Trevor's sculpt.

They're both great sculpts. Different, but still Ben Kenobi!

That is beautiful work!!

One of the things I notice about this sculpt is the way the neck is arched to aproximate the way Guinness holds himself. I really wish we'd see this in more heads. The standard up and down neck just looks so unatural and stiff.

This is wonderful work, Andy. I'd love to see your Old Ben painted up someday. What's the history behind this piece? Was it a commissioned piece or was it made for pleasure?

That is a great sculpt. Personally I see that he used alot of younger Alec Guinness reference photos, because it looks like Ben ten years prior to ANH.

And I would love to have one.

Apples and oranges...

They're both great sculpts from true artists--- either one used for a 1/6 ANH Obi would be a jewel of any 12" SW collection.

Thanks for sharing.

After seeing Trevor's amazing ANH Obi-Wan sculpt in person at CIV I have absolutely no problems with it:

519401220_7f0ce05a91.jpg

paulcarson said:
Yes, Trevor's work looks great but I wanted to show Andy's work . Both are fantastic sculpts in their own right.

Agreed. Talent on both sides and either Obi would be an ideal addition to any SW 12" collection.

Both are amazing sculpts!!! I am always amazed by the detail and life-like quality that artists can bring to these sculpts, and then when you factor in the size that they are working with, I am even more impressed.

I am just glad to be getting such a high quality Obi-Wan!

i would imagine this one would look even better if it hasnt already been through all the licensing touch ups they have to do before releasing the prototypes, that and i bet this thing would look beastly when painted. i actually prefer this one, even though i think trevor's work is awesome.

I think Andy's would make a good "Episode 3.5" as he does look like a younger Old Ben. Man, if only I could be as talented as Andy and Trev, if only.

I think it looks fantastic as well. Would be just as happy if it was the sculpt that was used.

Perhaps it's that we're seeing Trevor's on an actual figure, but I'm leaning towards Trevor's as the definitive "Ben" Kenobi so far.

It just may bump Darth Maul from the Gold Medal podium.

It's a great sculpt, another homerun by Andy. I would only have a prefernce over which head we get from the standpoint that for display reasons, having yound and old together in the same artistic style would just add to the feeling that they are a "set" so to speak, but I feel Trevor really defines Guiness' unique qualities a bit more, which is critical, just like he really defined his Linda Hamilton from just a female face, it's almost and exaggerating of those features that really works, but it does work. Either way, we're getting a kickass Old Ben, which is what counts.

Back