Furnace available again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Moebius9

I can finally get this fantastic piece...I think I can fit 4 Buffy figures on that thing if i try....Kinderstodt reaching around the furnace for Buffy, Willow sitting on the steps and Vamp Spike crouching on the top of the furnace ready to come to Buffy's rescue!!!!

Furnace while it lasts!

Thanks for the heads up, Todd. I, too have been wanting this. I even got on the waitlist early last month but have never been notified so I just cancelled the waitlist and ordered it directly just now. Funny that SSC would not go thru the waitlist before making it available to order again on their site. Guess mostly the waitlist works, but sometimes....

Thanks again!

Mike

:eye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This item has always been available quite readily here in Australia. If you can afford the shipping, and you really need it, try figuremania.com.au

direct link

It really is a great piece. I wish they'd do more items like this, especially for Buffy.

I had no idea they had stuff like that.
I think it would be great for the Buffy figures
and the stone wall as well.

Cool

I've wanted this for a while also; I'm so on this, order placed!

Gorthaur, I think they recalled the wait list on this some time back; if you only got on last month, it may have been after they recalled it. Just a guess. :dunno

Thanks for the update Lonnie. :bow

BTW, I just got the NL (posted in LOTR section) and it would lead one to believe that this item was only available to EU customers. Whereas it does say on the website that a limited amount are available in US and it did take my order. hhhmmm......keeping my fingers crossed that it does go through.

Cheers!

:eye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, they were available to all as a Newsletter special. I think you were reading the SDCC exclusives that were available, and they only ship from the US warehouse, but the other three items don't mention that. :dunno

Lonnie,

I think it was just a mistake in the text form of the NL since my HTML NL did not have that listed.

Here's what my text based NL said (sans links):

------------------------
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
------------------------

We have had some small quantities of SOLD OUT items become available for purchase to our collectors. (Wait lists have been contacted and closed for these items.) Remember - first come, first serve, while supplies last!

- LOTR: Wounded Orc bust
- Monsters: SSE Vampyre -
- Environments: Furnace - #6606 (EU ONLY)

In my HTML NL, it does not list it as EU only. So it must be a mistake, hopefully. (whew!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah! That would explaine why I was confused; I only get the HTML version, and didn't bother to read the text version that was posted because I had already read mine. :bonk

This one threw me for a loop as well. First, I'm still on the waitlist for this one and have never been contacted. Second, I was disappointed when the newsletter mentioned EU only. Check out the page anyway and gave it a try. So mine is ordered as well.

Yay! Got me a furnace, too! And to think I almost paid $80+ for it on eBay! Wonder where these "sold out" items have been hiding? :dance
:dunno
Hmmm, think I'll go sign up for a few more "wait list" items... :lol

I, too, will use this for some Buffy figures. Got the trench wall environment also for Buffy figures, right now Angelus and Buffy are standing on it, holding their respective weapons. The trench wall is a great "substitute" for a sewer, dungeon, or something underneath a mausoleum, etc. (sandbags notwithstanding).

LOVE the environment display pieces! Wish they made more!!

Entertainment Earth has the Trench Enviroment on clearance for only $20 right now. It's part of their Super Summer Clearance sale. I picked up two myself.:rock

Looks like EE is already sold out of those trench environments! Good for you Bonehead, that you got them before they were all gone! :banana

Yeah, they had some great deals. I picked up some double dungeon bases for under $5.

No luck this time!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for placing your order with Sideshow Collectibles. Unfortunately, the product you have ordered, item 6606 Furnace Environment, was offered as a second chance opportunity and available in limited stock only in our European Warehouse. Due to various tax and customs issues Sideshow is unable to fulfill any domestic orders from the stock in our UK warehouse, and as such we have had to cancel your order for this item. To avoid any confusion in the future, please note that our web site product page and Newsletter include an U.S. and European Warehouse stock specification if applicable.

Please be assured that we have not charged your credit card for item 6606 Furnace Environment. Also note that any other in-stock products that may be pending on your order will be fulfilled as usual.

Thank you for understanding and we apologize for this misunderstanding and any inconvenience it may cause.

Just received this email. Looks like the text version of the newsletter was right and the HTML version was wrong. Really wish the action web page for the item had specified EU only.

Oh well, maybe they'll make some more cool environments in the future.

Yeah, I just got that as well. I didn't see any mention of EU only in the newsletter or on the web site. Oh well!

You know what kind of sucks, EU customers can order from both the EU warehouse and the US warehouse with the additional shipping factored in. But US customers can only order from the US warehouse, not even when US customers are willing to spend more on shipping from the EU warehouse.
:dunno

Back