Star Wars: the Legacy Revealed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
On the History channel. A pretty good documentary that goes into the mythological, cultural and literary influences of the series.

If you hate the PT, this doc might make you think about it in a new way.

It's very good. Kevin Smith is hilarious. I think some of those intellectuals are reading too much into it though.

Watched it Monday night.... really interesting stuff there. A lot of it I already knew, just from interviews with Lucas over the years.... The influence Joseph Campbell, ancient myth and Samurai films had on this series. It's nice to see a doc on the entire saga though... most are just on the impact of Ep IV.

If you haven't watched it yet, you should. Pretty cool. :duff

I have watched about half of it...decent, but the suits are really reaching with some of the analogies...pretty lame in some cases comparing the Star Wars universe to ancient mythology and such. While I think there are parallels, Star Wars is nothing more than the classic good vs. evil mantra that is the central theme in almost EVERY story ever told.

One cool thing about it so far...lots of LOTR references.

Geb

I watched a little but also felt it was way over analyzed. The Star Wars Tech show on the History channel was cool though.

Of course it was over analyzed a little... if they didn't there would be no show. I thought it was pretty interesting... and the Star Wars Tech one was good as well.

I enjoyed both the Star Wars Tech and the Legacy Revealed. It was one of the better documentaries that I have seen on SW for a while.

It was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. I like the over analyzation because you sit for a second and think "Did Lucas put this much thought into it or is are we looking to far into it"....It definitely molds the Prequels into fitting perfectly even down to whiny Anakin. Definitely one I'm looking forward to adding to my collection if the History Channel ever adds it to their DVD section.

I saw about half of the Legacy Revealed last night. Definately over analyzed. My favorite ridiculous part was the Death Star.

"We get to see this massive space station and then we see its insides. Inside it is hollow, just like the empire" :yuck

Most of the show went like this:

"I believe Lucas fashioned the lightsaber after a sword. You see they both have handles and they both have blades. It is simply sheer genius on his part."

The one expert said that Lucas didn't put all these references in there on purpose, but the fact that so many people can see all these different things in the saga is what makes it so enduring, like mythology.

Darklord Dave said:
The one expert said that Lucas didn't put all these references in there on purpose, but the fact that so many people can see all these different things in the saga is what makes it so enduring, like mythology.
When asked if he meant all the interpretations people came up with about T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land Eliot replied, "I didn't then, but I do now."

Last edited:
Back