PDA

View Full Version : "Serenity" Inara Strikes statue (Diamond)

olvidadero
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Is someone else shocked by the atrocity that this is?

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/381/inaragg3.jpg

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21552

tomandshell
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Can that be posed along with the Obi-Wan in Clone Armor statue from Gentle Giant?

Batty
05-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I would have no idea who that is just by looking at it. :google

BTW, did the River statue ever come out? Does anyone here have it?

TheObsoleteMan
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Horrible!

galactiboy
05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't have known that was "supposed" to be Inara unless I read the caption... thats a new low in expensive merchandise.

Protozaius
05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Why can't Serenity/Firefly get a break in the figure world? :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

If anyone... ANYONE makes a Serenity figure worth buying, I will buy it. Trust me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

It just won't be this Inara.

oxbeard
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Is someone else shocked by the atrocity that this is?

Not after having seen pics of what they plan to try to pass off as River

Trevolver
05-29-2007, 05:00 PM
If these had been beautiful statues I'd be first in line to buy 'em for sure....but these are not my idea of great Serenity statues.

The idea behind River was good, the idea behind this one isn't. :D in my opinion of course. These could have been really special...

Trev

Batty
05-29-2007, 05:03 PM
After seeing what Diamond did with the action figures, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. But disappointed? Oh, yes.

bwayne
05-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Well if you squint, and don't look at it, you can kind of see the resemblance (well not really, but you get the point).

The Godfather
05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
The boxes look nice but thats all I got to say are they doing some sort of Final Battle scene?

Darklord Dave
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Perhaps if these do well they'll do the rest of the characters from this scene. I almost succumbed to River, but this Inara is not tempting at all.

Viking28
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
You know sometimes I wonder if the people at Diamond just have bad eye sight.

creature4000
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Now I know why they will never make a sequal! :rotfl

tomandshell
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Perhaps if these do well they'll do the rest of the characters from this scene. I almost succumbed to River, but this Inara is not tempting at all.

A statue of Wash or Shepherd Book at this point in the movie would not appeal to me.

:D

Protozaius
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
If these had been beautiful statues I'd be first in line to buy 'em for sure....but these are not my idea of great Serenity statues.

The idea behind River was good, the idea behind this one isn't. :D in my opinion of course. These could have been really special...

Trev

Gee... if only someone would give YOU a shot at this license... now THAT would be something special. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Trevolver
05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Gee... if only someone would give YOU a shot at this license... now THAT would be something special. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

HAHAH! Well I'd certainly try like HELL to make them special! I'm sure I would stumble on some of them, (impossible not to) but I would definitely put in my solid time to TRY to get them right. I just don't feel any heart with these Diamond pieces.. (the pvc toys are cool, but more as novelty) I LOVE Firefly, and Serenity is one of the best movies I've seen in years. I don't know if I ever pop a movie in two nights in a row anymore...but I did with Serenity. it's very easy to get invested in these characters. shame that they aren't being truly immortalized in statue-form.

if I can ever make the time, I will definitely make kits of these characters...just for myself! I love the verse
Trev

Eli26
05-30-2007, 07:31 AM
When did Inara become a Reaver? Was this in the deleted scenes?

BillyBudd
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
As hot as Inara is, I can't help but feel that the character was a poor choice for a statue. That was the first mistake. I honestly can't see any characters besides River and Malcom selling well.

Viking28
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
As hot as Inara is, I can't help but feel that the character was a poor choice for a statue. That was the first mistake. I honestly can't see any characters besides River and Malcom selling well.
WHAT?????? I would not think twice if Sideshow did PFs of Zoe, Wash, Inara, Jayne, Kaylee, Simon, and Book. I would have to have them all.
Its strange how this crew just worked, it just felt so right. Dang I might have to go watch my dvd set again, I always get sad at the last one. And knowing Wash won't be around.

The Godfather
05-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Personally if the statues,1/4 scale, or 1/6th figure were good I would buy every crew member not just Mal and River. I would love some 1/4 SS of Firefly/Serenity. Jayne would be awesome love to have him in my office with some background music "The man they called Jayne".

Unfortunately my hope for getting anything that I would truely love in form a statue, bust, or any scale figure are probably as likely as they were with Farscape.

BillyBudd
05-31-2007, 10:57 AM
DST isn't producing Xander and Giles Essence statues (at least not in the first wave), and the reason is pretty obvious. While they are both important characters, their merchandise simply doesn't sell as well as Willow, Spike, Buffy, or Angel's. Similarly, I don't think the merchandise of many Firefly characters would sell as well as River or Mal merchandise. I could be wrong though. That's just my feeling. But remember that we're talking about statues here. People are extremely selective when it comes to purchasing statues because they are quite expensive.

Darklord Dave
05-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't think Wash or Book would sell as well as any of the other characters. But I would hesitate to get Kaylee, Inara or Zoe.

olvidadero
06-01-2007, 01:27 AM
If done well, I would get any of the characters. Howeve, I'm not that into statues or mini-statues, I prefer actiob figures. I would buy 12 inch action figures of each caharacter in a heartbeat.

jaynesgal
06-26-2007, 07:52 AM
I really don't like how the prototype looks. If it ends up looking better upon release I might just have to get one....

Masao
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
If they want to make their product their way, we can always choose not to buy it.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27329&page=3&highlight=firefly

Fat Head
01-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Why are you guys posting about a statue of an extra from waterworld in the whedon section?

OH.....um......i see.:monkey1

BuffyGirl
02-21-2008, 12:26 PM
What in all of this land is that? That certainly isn't Inara. EEEK. She would be wearing some slinky sexy outfit, and posing very delicatly. That is some warrior person that never made it onto Serenity. We must have missed that episode in firefly. Maybe she was on Persiphone and we didn't realize she got on, like a stow-a-way. Hmmm, we should go back and re-watch.

I would buy any Zoe, Mal and River stuff. Prob Jane too. The other's would have to look really great.

Jen
02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I think she looks like a man in drag. :monkey2:monkey2 That face is definitely a man's face....not the beautiful Inara's.

BuffyGirl
02-29-2008, 08:05 PM
You know, I dunno what I am on but that is exactly what Inara wore in Serenity at the end. Oh well, I was out of it I guess with that last post of mine. It's still hideous tho.

oldduffer
03-01-2008, 04:07 PM
If you think that's bad, don't look at the Zoe they have coming out :google ................... I'd give TheJosh's left testicle for sideshow to take this on, on second thought, I'd give both of TheJosh's testicles if Sideshow would snag this license. :lol

BuffyGirl
03-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I wanna see the zoe one, where is it at?

galactiboy
03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Here ya go... but I'm warning you it ain't pretty :monkey1

http://www.serenitystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/dst_zoestatue.jpg

DouglasMcc
03-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Here ya go... but I'm warning you it ain't pretty :monkey1

http://www.serenitystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/dst_zoestatue.jpg

Come on, give them some credit .... those crates look amazing. They just might be the best sculpted crates ever. Plus, the gun, look at the detail on that gun. So, what if Zoe looks more like Voldermort in a wig? It's all about the crates man .... :rolleyes:

oldduffer
03-02-2008, 05:47 AM
See what I mean! I didn't have the heart to post it ......................... tragic to the cause, embarrassing to the 'verse. :banghead

Masao
03-02-2008, 06:35 PM
What was the company going for "race riot"??

:google

It is scary to think that when companies hire the best talent money can buy, they do it is just to keep the artists from doing good work.:lol

galactiboy
03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Come on, give them some credit .... those crates look amazing. They just might be the best sculpted crates ever. Plus, the gun, look at the detail on that gun. So, what if Zoe looks more like Voldermort in a wig? It's all about the crates man .... :rolleyes:

Thats true, the diorama portion of it is fantastic, especially how its soo eerily similar to Inara's crates, but then they wow you with an extra one :lol Who gives a heck if she looks like cavewoman.

Actually in thinking about it the good part of the River statue was the pile of bodies... I think there is a pattern developing :lol

oldduffer
03-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Yep, there's a pattern all right, it's starting to look like a Rorschach Test .......................... :google

BuffBuff
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, everything but the face sculpt is good. I don't really see Zoe in there at all.