"Serenity" Inara Strikes statue (Diamond)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
Is someone else shocked by the atrocity that this is?

inaragg3.jpg

https://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21552

I would have no idea who that is just by looking at it. :google

BTW, did the River statue ever come out? Does anyone here have it?

I wouldn't have known that was "supposed" to be Inara unless I read the caption... thats a new low in expensive merchandise.

Why can't Serenity/Firefly get a break in the figure world? :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

If anyone... ANYONE makes a Serenity figure worth buying, I will buy it. Trust me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

It just won't be this Inara.

olvidadero said:
Is someone else shocked by the atrocity that this is?

Not after having seen pics of what they plan to try to pass off as River

If these had been beautiful statues I'd be first in line to buy 'em for sure....but these are not my idea of great Serenity statues.

The idea behind River was good, the idea behind this one isn't. :D in my opinion of course. These could have been really special...

Trev

After seeing what Diamond did with the action figures, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. But disappointed? Oh, yes.

Well if you squint, and don't look at it, you can kind of see the resemblance (well not really, but you get the point).

Perhaps if these do well they'll do the rest of the characters from this scene. I almost succumbed to River, but this Inara is not tempting at all.

You know sometimes I wonder if the people at Diamond just have bad eye sight.

Darklord Dave said:
Perhaps if these do well they'll do the rest of the characters from this scene. I almost succumbed to River, but this Inara is not tempting at all.

A statue of Wash or Shepherd Book at this point in the movie would not appeal to me.

:D

Trevolver said:
If these had been beautiful statues I'd be first in line to buy 'em for sure....but these are not my idea of great Serenity statues.

The idea behind River was good, the idea behind this one isn't. :D in my opinion of course. These could have been really special...

Trev

Gee... if only someone would give YOU a shot at this license... now THAT would be something special. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Gee... if only someone would give YOU a shot at this license... now THAT would be something special. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

HAHAH! Well I'd certainly try like HELL to make them special! I'm sure I would stumble on some of them, (impossible not to) but I would definitely put in my solid time to TRY to get them right. I just don't feel any heart with these Diamond pieces.. (the pvc toys are cool, but more as novelty) I LOVE Firefly, and Serenity is one of the best movies I've seen in years. I don't know if I ever pop a movie in two nights in a row anymore...but I did with Serenity. it's very easy to get invested in these characters. shame that they aren't being truly immortalized in statue-form.

if I can ever make the time, I will definitely make kits of these characters...just for myself! I love the verse
Trev

As hot as Inara is, I can't help but feel that the character was a poor choice for a statue. That was the first mistake. I honestly can't see any characters besides River and Malcom selling well.

BillyBudd said:
As hot as Inara is, I can't help but feel that the character was a poor choice for a statue. That was the first mistake. I honestly can't see any characters besides River and Malcom selling well.
WHAT?????? I would not think twice if Sideshow did PFs of Zoe, Wash, Inara, Jayne, Kaylee, Simon, and Book. I would have to have them all.
Its strange how this crew just worked, it just felt so right. Dang I might have to go watch my dvd set again, I always get sad at the last one. And knowing Wash won't be around.

Back