How Much Would You Pay For A 1:6 Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much would you be willing to pay for a 1:6 furry Chewbacca?

• $80 - 120

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • $120 - 180

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • $180 - 300

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Who cares!!?? Its Chew-freakin-bacca!!!!! I'd pay anything!!!!!

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Word on the street is that Chewbacca is in R&D with Sideshow and that the problem isn't engineering the body and fur issue but is in fact how to make it affordable.

Now my opinion is who cares about how much he costs, just make the darn thing and those who really want him will get him.

Now my question to you freaks is how much you would be willing to pay for a 1:6 scale furry Chewbacca?

Fur or NO fur I would like a high end Chewie and if it was quality and fit in nicely with SS other offerings I would pay $150 easily. Hear that SS, that is the sound of a thousand terrible things comming your way if I don't see :chew ever from you guys. :monkey3 Seriously though, I need a nice 1/6 Chewie and would easily pay twice the cost of a normal figure.

Ok here is how I see it. I dont care if its fur or not I just want it to look good. I want a PF and a 1:6 and I would like it soon than later.

I will pay $400 for a PF and $150 for a 1:6 Chewie.

I just want to be able to add him to my Sideshow collection.

I think SSC ought to put out there what their price point would be at 10,000 units and give us a realistic idea.

Yoo hoo Dusty!!

If I'm willing to pay $150 for the Medi Fetts, I would certainly pay that much for Chewbacca.

And didn't mfoga say that he heard that Chewie was nowhere on Sideshow's radar?

Last edited:
Actually there seems to be some miscommunication here. It was stated at the panel that it IS the R&D on Chewie that has made it difficult and he is, in fact, NOT on the radar for the forseeable future.

However if they see that fans are willing to pay Medicom prices for him it might help since he would truly be impossible otherwise.

$175 for a good 1/6 Chewie is acceptable... anything above that would give me cause for pause.

I was looking at buying the customized one that Hurricane put on E-bay (while at the same time trying my hand at customizing my own---oh la la) but once the price tag went above 250 pounds (roughly $700 Canadian) there was no way I was staying in the bidding...

SS (or Medi...) need to do a Chewie--- hopefully he's 14 inches and thus in scale with the Han SS (as well as others).

I voted $80-120 and t hat's where I WANT to pay, but after pondering it, I would go as far as the next option up.

And really... all they have to do to keep costs down is to make a TON more and then sell a version from ANH. Then wait a while and sell more with a broken 3PO backpack thingie. And then sell another one with a chain around his neck for Return of the Jedi!

So yah... making us spend $600 to buy 3 chewbaccas basically. :)

I put down $120-$180. And that would be for either furred or un. In all honesty the more I think about it the less I want a furry version. I just do not believe that Sideshow (or any company) could pull off a convincing 1/6 furry version.

Even the custom version (which look nice) seem to stiff and the hair doesn't have the same hang as Chewbacca and usually his face looks off... and I could only imagine the difficulties of a production version :google

After seeing the great job GG did on their Chewbacca bust I honestly think a good base body with rubber hair sections (similar to the creature figure) would be the best option and allow for the sculpt to really look like Chewbacca.

Choice A. Mind you that's not opinion on what it's worth, just what I would pay. I'd just wait for someone to sell it cheaper.

I'm not sure. $80-120 for a good sculpted one. A furry one depending on how well it comes out.

I would pay high end costs so long as the appearance of the figure appealled to me. If they went the way of fur and it looked off to me I wouldn't go for it, but above all, I want a high end looking Chewbacca to go along with the rest of the line, and almost anything would be far better than Hasbro's offerings, even if it wasn't "perfect".

Actually, that rationale would make Chewie a great candidate for Inclusive edition, let those who really want him at the price set the edition.

galactiboy said:
I put down $120-$180. And that would be for either furred or un. In all honesty the more I think about it the less I want a furry version. I just do not believe that Sideshow (or any company) could pull off a convincing 1/6 furry version.

Even the custom version (which look nice) seem to stiff and the hair doesn't have the same hang as Chewbacca and usually his face looks off... and I could only imagine the difficulties of a production version :google

After seeing the great job GG did on their Chewbacca bust I honestly think a good base body with rubber hair sections (similar to the creature figure) would be the best option and allow for the sculpt to really look like Chewbacca.

Very well said. Yes fur would give it that extra accurracy, but I've yet to see a custom that even looks truly Chewbacca, and people take issue enough with paint variations from proto to production, fur would probably result in similar issues. The benefit of sculpted fur like with GG is that you can get the textural quality of Chewie's hair, which is a big part of what distinguishes him from Sasquatch.

Back