• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Don Post LIFE SIZE Stormtrooper statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent72

Super Freak
Reaction score
I realize it's probably a stretch posting a want ad for this item, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. I'm looking for a Don Post Life Size Stormtrooper statue that was produced in the mid to late 1990's. There were only 500 of them made and I know most reside in private collections now, but every once in a while you will see one available on the open market. I had a chance to get one of these a few years ago, but the timing wasn't right so I passed on it and now I totally regret that decision. Anyway, if anyone has this item or knows where I might be able to find one please PM me with the details. Thanks!!!

Brent

p.s. Here's a picture of what this statue looks like just in case anyone wants to see it for reference.

stormtrooperlifesize5wv8.jpg

Why not buy a good set of armor, bucket, and get you a mannequin??

Just a thought:monkey3

The Ringer said:
I have done countless transactions with BT and they are a great company.Here's a link.https://www.brianstoys.com/store/search.aspx?Keyword=Don+Post

Thanks for the link, Ringer. That's exactly the statue I'm looking for, the only problem is that their asking price is way too high. Realistically, they should be asking no more than $5k for the piece and even that is a bit of a stretch. I'll try contacting them this week to see if there's any negotiation room in their price, but I have a feeling they probably won't knock it down to the level I'm looking to pay.

I'll still keeping checking this thread to see if anyone else has a lead on where to find one. :cool:

oxbeard said:
Why not buy a good set of armor, bucket, and get you a mannequin??

I've actually given some thought to building a statue, but I have no idea how to assemble something like that myself. Also, I don't know if you could get the mannequin to move its' arms and legs to recreate that exact pose. If it could be done, however, I would certainly entertain doing it as I'm sure it would be a cheaper alternative than buying the DP statue.

Yeah, I figured it would be cheaper as well. I have seen mannequins available now with flexible arms, but can't speak to how they stand up in actual use. But I saw your post over at RPF as well, that's probably the best source for more info on that route.

oxbeard said:
. But I saw your post over at RPF as well, that's probably the best source for more info on that route.

Yeah, after I got to thinking about your suggestion a little more I figured that I might be able to find someone over there to help me with building one of these(especially if I can't acquire the DP statue at a reasonable price). :cool:

There is a local comic shop that has one of these on display. If you would like, next time I am there i could check and see what kind of price they are looking to get for it if it is for sale.

Bannister said:
There is a local comic shop that has one of these on display. If you would like, next time I am there i could check and see what kind of price they are looking to get for it if it is for sale.

Thanks, Bannister. I might already have one by then, however, as someone over at the RPF(Replica Prop Forum) has already PM'ed me with one for sale. We still have to work out the terms for a potential deal, but it does look promising. :chew

I'll be sure to post the details in this thread.

Brent72 said:
Thanks, Bannister. I might already have one by then, however, as someone over at the RPF(Replica Prop Forum) has already PM'ed me with one for sale. We still have to work out the terms for a potential deal, but it does look promising. :chew

I'll be sure to post the details in this thread.
:rock:rock:rock

Back