Would you buy a Patiant 00 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
There were 300 Patient Zero figures made but all the other Zombies have had 1000 made of each or more. So the way I see it there are about 700 Zombie buyers out in the cold (including me) for the Patient Zero figure. If Sideshow made a Patient 00 (limited to 700) which would be like Patient Zero but still different enough to keep it unique (sort of like they did with Subject 57 ), WOULD YOU BUY ONE ???
I can say I most certainly would, in a heart beat!!! :monkey5

Even though this would piss off many Patient 0 owners I would probably buy it if it was an exclusive like 57. I love this line but I simply will not fork out the big bucks to get the original Zero now.

Only if it were a different head sculpt. Otherwise you're ruining one of the truely rare and unique collectibles that SS has ever made.

I got 2 mint zeros and I still would love to have these :mummy I just want more zombies, is all.

Darth Loki said:
Only if it were a different head sculpt. Otherwise you're ruining one of the truely rare and unique collectibles that SS has ever made.
Arrrggg. I agree but I am going to sith lightning you out of jealousy.

Loki:emperor

i will buy anything from The Dead line. don't have a patient zero though...got on the train too late in the game.

I don't know how to start polls so if you do , be my guest . As far as being similar , I would want the same head sculpt but having different clothes ( color ) , different paint scheme or even a special stamp some where on the figure would be OK with me . I know having something rare is a big turn on for some but I buy figures becauce I like them not becauce of what they're worth so being worth a fortune doesn't mean anything other then I can't afford to own one to me. Beside I haven't read any post or threads of Sideshow exclusive Subject 57 owners complaining that the regular version of it makes their figures worthless.

I wouldn't for two reasons.

1)It's something I'm DYING to get
2)I'd rather someone else get it that really wants it.

I'd really like to see the Dead line continue. I think it had a lot of potentional some really amazing sculpts. My personal favorite was the security guard. So much gore and detail. Great stuff!

I would love to get a Patient 0 second edition or whatever, but I think it would damage Sideshow's image in the eyes of collectors. I used to think that "reprints" (for lack of a better word) would be a good thing but I've come to understand that it would be a bad thing overall.

I'd like one as long is it doesn't damage Sideshow's rep, but I don't think that is possible.

Dollmanron said:
Beside I haven't read any post or threads of Sideshow exclusive Subject 57 owners complaining that the regular version of it makes their figures worthless.
The reason no one is complaining about those is because they were basically released at the same time, so people knew there would be two versions right off the bat.

Xander said:
I wouldn't for two reasons.

1)It's something I'm DYING to get
2)I'd rather someone else get it that really wants it.

I'd really like to see the Dead line continue. I think it had a lot of potentional some really amazing sculpts. My personal favorite was the security guard. So much gore and detail. Great stuff!

WHAT ?
You really want one but you'd rather someone else that really wants one get one , please explain .

Re: Would you buy a Patient 00 ?

I would only want Sideshow to release a 00 zombie if it had a different headsculpt and different clothes, and was female and looked a bit like Dusty. :monkey5

Zero was designed to be a chase figure to kick off the line. SS is not going to do anything to change that design. They kind of address this issue in the SW Q&A with Jedi Luke. There may be a different version of him later with a different head, Endor duds and accessories, but they aren't going to do that with Patient Zero.

Kabukiman said:
I would love to get a Patient 0 second edition or whatever, but I think it would damage Sideshow's image in the eyes of collectors. I used to think that "reprints" (for lack of a better word) would be a good thing but I've come to understand that it would be a bad thing overall.

I'd like one as long is it doesn't damage Sideshow's rep, but I don't think that is possible.

I was told that they were worth $350 just a week or so ago on these forums , so when a guy said his "opened but complete" was for sale I offered him $300 for it ( it was opened after all ) but he asked for $450 .
I want one but what am I/others suppose to do if we can't afford outragious prices . Sideshow making a different version is want I consider my only chance .:monkey2

Dollmanron said:
There were 300 Patient Zero figures made but all the other Zombies have had 1000 made of each or more. So the way I see it there are about 700 Zombie buyers out in the cold (including me) for the Patient Zero figure. If Sideshow made a Patient 00 (limited to 700) which would be like Patient Zero but still different enough to keep it unique (sort of like they did with Subject 57 ), WOULD YOU BUY ONE ???
I can say I most certainly would, in a heart beat!!! :monkey5

The way you see it, 700 are out in the cold. That is the way of the world. What's fair? In any line the numbers aren't always the same. Edition sizes vary, that's what makes them collectibles. If they make 1500 of the next zombie that would mean 500 miss out on 57. Are you going to want Sideshow to do another run of those as well?

There ain't gonna be no Double Zero. You're dreaming. If they made it unique it wouldn't be a Patient Zero, it would be Patient Zip, Patient Nada or something else, and I'd sure as hell would buy one. That's the way it is, so you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it.

Dollmanron said:
I was told that they were worth $350 just a week or so ago on these forums , so when a guy said his "opened but complete" was for sale I offered him $300 for it ( it was opened after all ) but he asked for $450 .
I want one but what am I/others suppose to do if we can't afford outragious prices . Sideshow making a different version is want I consider my only chance .:monkey2

You have another chance at it dude. I put it on ebay .99 to start with no reserve. 5 days. Highest bid gets it. You never know.:D

creecher said:
The way you see it, 700 are out in the cold. That is the way of the world. What's fair? In any line the numbers aren't always the same. Edition sizes vary, that's what makes them collectibles. If they make 1500 of the next zombie that would mean 500 miss out on 57. Are you going to want Sideshow to do another run of those as well?

There ain't gonna be no Double Zero. You're dreaming. If they made it unique it wouldn't be a Patient Zero, it would be Patient Zip, Patient Nada or something else, and I'd sure as hell would buy one. That's the way it is, so you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it.

I take it you have one ?

Back