PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a Patiant 00 ?

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 11:12 AM
There were 300 Patient Zero figures made but all the other Zombies have had 1000 made of each or more. So the way I see it there are about 700 Zombie buyers out in the cold (including me) for the Patient Zero figure. If Sideshow made a Patient 00 (limited to 700) which would be like Patient Zero but still different enough to keep it unique (sort of like they did with Subject 57 ), WOULD YOU BUY ONE ???
I can say I most certainly would, in a heart beat!!! :monkey5

TOE
05-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I will buy any zombies, so count me in :mummy

El Roranous
05-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Even though this would piss off many Patient 0 owners I would probably buy it if it was an exclusive like 57. I love this line but I simply will not fork out the big bucks to get the original Zero now.

El Roranous
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Make this a Poll. I bet we would be surprised by the outcome. :)

Darth Loki
05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Only if it were a different head sculpt. Otherwise you're ruining one of the truely rare and unique collectibles that SS has ever made.

TOE
05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I got 2 mint zeros and I still would love to have these :mummy I just want more zombies, is all.

El Roranous
05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Only if it were a different head sculpt. Otherwise you're ruining one of the truely rare and unique collectibles that SS has ever made.
Arrrggg. I agree but I am going to sith lightning you out of jealousy.

Loki:emperor

The ill Jedi
05-28-2007, 11:32 AM
...I am going to sith lightning you out of jealousy.

Loki:emperor
I'm gonna Sith Lightning your ass for your Sig!!:emperor :D

Vader AL
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
i will buy anything from The Dead line. don't have a patient zero though...got on the train too late in the game.

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't know how to start polls so if you do , be my guest . As far as being similar , I would want the same head sculpt but having different clothes ( color ) , different paint scheme or even a special stamp some where on the figure would be OK with me . I know having something rare is a big turn on for some but I buy figures becauce I like them not becauce of what they're worth so being worth a fortune doesn't mean anything other then I can't afford to own one to me. Beside I haven't read any post or threads of Sideshow exclusive Subject 57 owners complaining that the regular version of it makes their figures worthless.

Xander
05-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't for two reasons.

1)It's something I'm DYING to get
2)I'd rather someone else get it that really wants it.

I'd really like to see the Dead line continue. I think it had a lot of potentional some really amazing sculpts. My personal favorite was the security guard. So much gore and detail. Great stuff!

Kabukiman
05-28-2007, 12:51 PM
I would love to get a Patient 0 second edition or whatever, but I think it would damage Sideshow's image in the eyes of collectors. I used to think that "reprints" (for lack of a better word) would be a good thing but I've come to understand that it would be a bad thing overall.

I'd like one as long is it doesn't damage Sideshow's rep, but I don't think that is possible.

Bannister
05-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Beside I haven't read any post or threads of Sideshow exclusive Subject 57 owners complaining that the regular version of it makes their figures worthless.
The reason no one is complaining about those is because they were basically released at the same time, so people knew there would be two versions right off the bat.

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't for two reasons.

1)It's something I'm DYING to get
2)I'd rather someone else get it that really wants it.

I'd really like to see the Dead line continue. I think it had a lot of potentional some really amazing sculpts. My personal favorite was the security guard. So much gore and detail. Great stuff!

WHAT ?
You really want one but you'd rather someone else that really wants one get one , please explain .

Entropy
05-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I would only want Sideshow to release a 00 zombie if it had a different headsculpt and different clothes, and was female and looked a bit like Dusty. :monkey5

Zero was designed to be a chase figure to kick off the line. SS is not going to do anything to change that design. They kind of address this issue in the SW Q&A with Jedi Luke. There may be a different version of him later with a different head, Endor duds and accessories, but they aren't going to do that with Patient Zero.

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I would love to get a Patient 0 second edition or whatever, but I think it would damage Sideshow's image in the eyes of collectors. I used to think that "reprints" (for lack of a better word) would be a good thing but I've come to understand that it would be a bad thing overall.

I'd like one as long is it doesn't damage Sideshow's rep, but I don't think that is possible.

I was told that they were worth $350 just a week or so ago on these forums , so when a guy said his "opened but complete" was for sale I offered him $300 for it ( it was opened after all ) but he asked for $450 .
I want one but what am I/others suppose to do if we can't afford outragious prices . Sideshow making a different version is want I consider my only chance .:monkey2

creecher
05-28-2007, 02:25 PM
There were 300 Patient Zero figures made but all the other Zombies have had 1000 made of each or more. So the way I see it there are about 700 Zombie buyers out in the cold (including me) for the Patient Zero figure. If Sideshow made a Patient 00 (limited to 700) which would be like Patient Zero but still different enough to keep it unique (sort of like they did with Subject 57 ), WOULD YOU BUY ONE ???
I can say I most certainly would, in a heart beat!!! :monkey5

The way you see it, 700 are out in the cold. That is the way of the world. What's fair? In any line the numbers aren't always the same. Edition sizes vary, that's what makes them collectibles. If they make 1500 of the next zombie that would mean 500 miss out on 57. Are you going to want Sideshow to do another run of those as well?

There ain't gonna be no Double Zero. You're dreaming. If they made it unique it wouldn't be a Patient Zero, it would be Patient Zip, Patient Nada or something else, and I'd sure as hell would buy one. That's the way it is, so you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it.

customizerwannabe
05-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I was told that they were worth $350 just a week or so ago on these forums , so when a guy said his "opened but complete" was for sale I offered him $300 for it ( it was opened after all ) but he asked for $450 .
I want one but what am I/others suppose to do if we can't afford outragious prices . Sideshow making a different version is want I consider my only chance .:monkey2

You have another chance at it dude. I put it on ebay .99 to start with no reserve. 5 days. Highest bid gets it. You never know.:D

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
The way you see it, 700 are out in the cold. That is the way of the world. What's fair? In any line the numbers aren't always the same. Edition sizes vary, that's what makes them collectibles. If they make 1500 of the next zombie that would mean 500 miss out on 57. Are you going to want Sideshow to do another run of those as well?

There ain't gonna be no Double Zero. You're dreaming. If they made it unique it wouldn't be a Patient Zero, it would be Patient Zip, Patient Nada or something else, and I'd sure as hell would buy one. That's the way it is, so you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it.

I take it you have one ?

Vader AL
05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
buy this one:

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19560

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19301&highlight=Peril

Buttmunch
05-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I would buy one, but only because I have them all so far. The only Patient Zero variant I can see them legitimately doing is an 'autopsy' version. A dead DEAD so to speak. Even then I'd say the chances are slim at best. If people want it bad enough, they will pay the nasty prices. That is the point of an auction, to see who will pay the most for something they want bad enough.

customizerwannabe
05-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I take it you have one ?

I have THE one. I was the guy you were emailing.

creecher
05-28-2007, 07:29 PM
I take it you have one ?
Your point being?

You got something to say? Say it. You asked if I would buy one if they (Sideshow) made it unique. If it were unique it wouldn't be Patient Zero V2. It would be a completely different zombie, and I would buy it. Do you think Sideshow is going to throw their credibility away by changing their policy and making another Zero? Wake up. It's not going to happen.

Do you want a hanky? That's all I can offer you. As a hypothetical question, sure, wacko the chooks, bring it on, I'm in.

Dollmanron
05-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I have THE one. I was the guy you were emailing.

Then you know why I wish Sideshow would make one in some way .

customizerwannabe
05-28-2007, 07:52 PM
In all honestly dude, it is the most overated figure I've ever owned. It's just a zombie. Nothing special other than its short run. I wouldn't obsess over it. It really isn't worth your time. My 2 cents anyway.

panzerwerk
05-29-2007, 08:12 AM
i have to agree with Ed , very overrated , i paid $325 for mine , glad i have it , but could have lived easily without it .

tylerd
05-29-2007, 08:22 AM
an example of the secondary market plus le hype gone wrong. i personally think the packaging sucks and the figures are overrated and overpriced. that being said, WHO HAS ONE THEY WANT TO SELL ME???!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

pixletwin
05-29-2007, 08:28 AM
In all honestly dude, it is the most overated figure I've ever owned. It's just a zombie. Nothing special other than its short run. I wouldn't obsess over it. It really isn't worth your time. My 2 cents anyway.

Yup. :duff

creature4000
05-29-2007, 08:01 PM
as long as they keep mmking Dead figures I'll be happy!

My story for the Dead is just as good without Zero.. in fact he's the cause of the mystery of the infection, so I'm good without him.. I'm also Drunk! :chew

Bonehead15
05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't buy one. It's just a waste to make another Patient Zero when there are all kinds of cool zombies that I would like first.

I agree that it is a very overrated figure. It's just a zombie figure with some pretty plain looking clothes. Nothing really special at all. There are at least 100 other SS figures that are better.

For the record, I paid $49.99 for mine direct from Sideshow from the non-attendees allotment. :monkey3

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/Bonehead15/P1000929.jpg

Shai
06-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Word.

Once you'll have him in hand, you'll say :'' hmmmm...400$ for this !!!!????...

I remember harrassing the Creecher man in chat,to sell me his,a long time ago...:lol (Wich he didnt..)

Anyway,For months I was looking for him,just before sdcc 2005..I knew prices were gonna get crazy after the con cause the 2nd Dead figure had been announced..

Finally found one for 140$ Sold by the Godfather.When I Finally opened it..I was left with a sour taste in my mouth....Made me rethink my collecting habits...

Sold him one week later to another board member.

Overated figure all the way...Buy yourself a couple of hot toys Predators with that money instead.Or a nice PF....Just my 2 cent.:monkey3

creecher
06-04-2007, 02:23 AM
I remember harrassing the Creecher man in chat,to sell me his,a long time ago...:lol (Wich he didnt..)
:moon :moon :moon That's creecher with a small c. I was trying to save you from yourself. Ahhh stuff it. I now know why you said I was old and smelly. :moon :moon :moon :lol

Shai
06-04-2007, 03:57 AM
:moon That's creecher with a small c. I was trying to save you from yourself. Ahhh stuff it. I now know why you said I was old and smelly. :moon :moon :moon :lol

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kingshaihulud/smelly_jelly_jar_200.jpg

Shai
06-04-2007, 04:03 AM
:monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey3

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kingshaihulud/Picture1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kingshaihulud/Picture2.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kingshaihulud/Picture12.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kingshaihulud/kkklll.jpg

Dollmanron
06-04-2007, 05:53 AM
I still want one .:banghead

Blu-Vapor00725
06-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Word.

Once you'll have him in hand, you'll say :'' hmmmm...400$ for this !!!!????...

Anyway,For months I was looking for him,just before sdcc 2005..I knew prices were gonna get crazy after the con cause the 2nd Dead figure had been announced..

Finally found one for 140$ Sold by the Godfather.When I Finally opened it..I was left with a sour taste in my mouth....Made me rethink my collecting habits...

Sold him one week later to another board member.

Overated figure all the way...Buy yourself a couple of hot toys Predators with that money instead.Or a nice PF....Just my 2 cent.:monkey3

I kind of feel the same way. I got mine last year and paid 300 for it. when i actually saw the fig up close and personal i realized how plain and boring 00 was. but hes the first in the dead series and since im a completist and love where sideshow is going with the line, he was a must have.