SO WHAT FAMOUS ZOMBIES SHOULD SIDESHOW MAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murderofcrows71

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just thinking with the order in for the new dead figure, Sideshow should expand the line into the modern movie monsters, featuring various zombies from movies. Anyway that got me to thinking what movie zombies we'd like to see in 1/6 scale.
My list I came up with so far was:
-Tarman from Return of the Living Dead
-Zombie Trash from Return of the Living Dead
-the Graveyard Zombie from the original Night of the Living Dead
-Dr. Tongue from Day of the Dead
-Bub from Day of the Dead
-The Creepy girl zombie with the doll from the Night of the Living Dead Remake
-Tom Savini as a Zombie from Land of the Dead
just to name a few, what would you guys like to see in a film zombie line?

NONE!!!

The thing that makes this line so great is that it is SS's brain child. There is nothing wrong with this line and no need to try to spice things up by having movie zombies added to it.

I want some Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead figures, but they don't HAVE to be Zombies! BUT The Dead like is cool, SS doesn't have to make famous Zombies though......someone else can! I'd just die for some Romero Movie 1/6 figures.

Bette Davis!!!

betteheader05.jpg

Eric

None is correct. I have a more than passing acquaintance with people who were involved at the highest levels of several companies like Master Replicas, Unobtaininum and QMX.

Believe me when I tell you, the biggest setback to profitability - by FAR - is the money that must be spent on acquiring and maintaining licensing rights. You don't think that MR just jumped off the Star Wars boat because they hadn't done well with Star Wars previously?

The Dead Line is a gold mine for Sideshow because they own the licensing rights. It's their cow to milk. If they can keep it steady and healthy, it may keep them meeting payroll while they continue to treat us to dazzling offerings from other less [bottom line] profitable licenses.

Positive signs are the slightly larger edition number of 1250 on Subject 560. I hope they can crank out an exclusive version of that and squeeze out another 300 - 500 sales.

If S.S. can keep selling out a 12" zombie maybe twice a year from which they get to keep ALL the cash, it will do nothing but make the company more healthy and keep it strong for some time.

Darth Loki said:
NONE!!!

The thing that makes this line so great is that it is SS's brain child. There is nothing wrong with this line and no need to try to spice things up by having movie zombies added to it.

I agree 100% There is no need to make "famous Zombies".. Sideshow's The Dead is the best line and would be ruined if they made other Zombies!!!!!!

Darth Loki said:
NONE!!!

Amen! :monkey3

I guess I have to disagree, I'd love to see some of the zombies from the Romero films made at least, especially since Night is such a classic movie. More so than many of the other movie licenses Sideshow has picked up.

I'd take original zombies over zombies from a movie any day. I say give the artist a clean slate and complete control to make the zombie of their dreams, er, nightmares.

If there's anything that could kill this line, it would be fanboys fighting over whether Dr. Tongue is taller than Bub or if the gore on Flyboy is truly movie accurate.

Maybe not THESE in particular, but the water logged zombie, like in Creepshow. Dripping with seaweed etc. Visually stunning
Harry: You can't shoot us dead, Richard...
Becky: ...Because we're already dead!
:mwaha :horror

Last edited:
Uhh, maybe Boris Karloff from The Walking Dead, or The Ghoul?
How about Tor Johnson from PLAN 9 ?
Peter Cushing played a zombie once too, maybe we will be so lucky to customize Grand Mof Tarkin when he eventually gets made.

I'm joking of course. Modern gut munchers ain't really my sort of Zombie, but since it is the only original concept or horror 12'' line Sideshow is currently supporting, let's run with it. Relatively speaking the line seems very generic so far compared to what they have done in the past. How about a zombie bride, or a fat "Fulci-like" zombie ? A little variety in the head sculps, and a bit more effort with various costuming. A zombie dog perhaps, or half eaten Alligator (a spin on Fulci's shark).

They need something like a clip on attachment to the body, to have some guts hanging out. Something like what Medicom has on their Ghost Rider to bulk it out, but it could be kept slim and have guts attached to it.

Oh, and we need maggots, plenty of maggots.

I'm still holding out for zombie Dusty - she's pretty famous around here at least.

Going original means they don't have to hear how it doesn't look like this guy or that guy. That being said I'd like to see a few from Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things.

Back