I Love How Sideshow Treats Fans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
From the Q&A

James B. asks: Why don't you add an exclusive item to convention exclusive figures for people actually attending the shows? Sort of an "inclusive" exclusive. I feel that people who make the trip to a convention should get a little token for the effort. If people can get the same figure in the mail, why not wait for it?

SSC: As a company made up of fans and collectors, we understand that there are MANY collectors out there who just can't make it to the conventions, whatever the reason. Rather than punish them by withholding a popular product simply for the fact that they can't attend a show that may be on the other side of the world, we will continue to allow a certain percentage of convention exclusives to be purchased by Non-Attendees on a first come, first served basis. Adding an extra 'inclusive exclusive' accessory or other goody to the figure itself would, in effect, negate that.

Sure, the product itself may be exactly the same for Attendees and Non-Attendees, but Attendees DO receive special treats for attending. For instance, the Celebration IV attendees were able to purchase our 30th Anniversary exclusives at a special show price, plus they will be able to pick up a Sideshow Gift Card worth $10-$50 off of select in stock product at SideshowCollectibles.com, grab a super cool Darth Vader shopping bag and the newest version of Sideshow's CD-ROM multimedia experience, and more. Plus, attendees get the chance to meet and greet the creators of the product and ask them questions one-on-one!

As someone not fortunate enough to be able to afford all the cool collectibles in the world and go to these shows, it's nice to see a company care about less fortunate fans who aren't privileged with attending and making efforts to help them feel as involved as possible and not take actions to make them feel left out. Say what you will about their product quality, but this company looks out for us, they're not some greedy money hungry corporation caring about their bottom line like a certian two word company whose initials are GG.

..aslo, I was watching G4 last night and Sideshow gave away a PF Han Solo to the winner of the best Chewbacca immitator. :rock :rock

MaulFan said:
From the Q&A

James B. asks: Why don't you add an exclusive item to convention exclusive figures for people actually attending the shows? Sort of an "inclusive" exclusive. I feel that people who make the trip to a convention should get a little token for the effort. If people can get the same figure in the mail, why not wait for it?

SSC: As a company made up of fans and collectors, we understand that there are MANY collectors out there who just can't make it to the conventions, whatever the reason. Rather than punish them by withholding a popular product simply for the fact that they can't attend a show that may be on the other side of the world, we will continue to allow a certain percentage of convention exclusives to be purchased by Non-Attendees on a first come, first served basis. Adding an extra 'inclusive exclusive' accessory or other goody to the figure itself would, in effect, negate that.

Sure, the product itself may be exactly the same for Attendees and Non-Attendees, but Attendees DO receive special treats for attending. For instance, the Celebration IV attendees were able to purchase our 30th Anniversary exclusives at a special show price, plus they will be able to pick up a Sideshow Gift Card worth $10-$50 off of select in stock product at SideshowCollectibles.com, grab a super cool Darth Vader shopping bag and the newest version of Sideshow's CD-ROM multimedia experience, and more. Plus, attendees get the chance to meet and greet the creators of the product and ask them questions one-on-one!

As someone not fortunate enough to be able to afford all the cool collectibles in the world and go to these shows, it's nice to see a company care about less fortunate fans who aren't privileged with attending and making efforts to help them feel as involved as possible and not take actions to make them feel left out. Say what you will about their product quality, but this company looks out for us, they're not some greedy money hungry corporation caring about their bottom line like a certian two word company whose initials are GG.

WORD to that! Sideshow is awesome!!!

TOE said:
..aslo, I was watching G4 last night and Sideshow gave away a PF Han Solo to the winner of the best Chewbacca immitator. :rock :rock

I saw that... total crap show (those 2 couldn't do an interview worth a darn) but still kind of interesting. SSC is awsome with customers.

TOE said:
Well, they have to get rid of them some how. :rotfl

Just kidding, go Sideshow!

SolidLiquidFox said:
Despite the hard time that we give Sideshow from time to time on different issues, they really are the best collectibles company around. :cool:

Hmm, I really do love Gentle Giant's customer service...................................................................................................

Last week i think i got the best customer service i have ever received, one of my endor trooper helmets was bent and sideshow sent me a new in 3 days from the west coast of America to the UK. Freckin awesome service.

This is one of the reasons I'm a dedicated Sideshow customer. Unlike some other Star Wars licensees, Sideshow doesn't turn the hobby into something stressful. Good Gravy, do I ever hate companies that do that.

Yes they are the best during the panel they gave out like 2-3 Han 12" a Bib 12" two Jabba's

AND

I Scout on Speederbike.Yes you read that right a Scout on Speederbike

mfoga said:
Yes they are the best during the panel they gave out like 2-3 Han 12" a Bib 12" two Jabba's

AND

I Scout on Speederbike.Yes you read that right a Scout on Speederbike

i would have jumped him. No joke :cool:

Sideshow IS a customer company. There customer service is second to NONE. I love shopping with SS.

Thats why I buy all my Hot Toys through them:rolleyes:

mfoga said:
They didnt get it today, they took there info and it will be shipped when done:lol

we all know that guy probably will sell it on ebay anyway. :emperor

Yep - I sent a congrats to SSC after their last combined shipping for me - five figures combined for total shipping of $US100 as opposed to $US50 for a single figure. Unlike in the past they do seem to have gotten on top of the whole box size issue which has negated savings on combined shipping. :)

Back