Spike movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the articles are pretty clear that there's no deal in place yet though. Not for James to reprise the role, not for Joss to produce or for Tim to write/direct.

But I really want to see this happen, outside of a Willow movie this would be my choice to continue the Buffyverse (or maybe a Faith movie/series).

And I think other characters are likely. Perhaps the timing will be just right as Alyson and Nic's new shows bomb they could be free for a movie. And when Bones crashes maybe DB will do a cameo.

Dave, you are so optimistic for everyone's careers outside of Buffy! :p I really really really want a Spike movie... but by the time it's all worked out, James M. will be freakin' 50 or 60 years old :doh

Hey, just realistic - new show survival is about 20% in the first year. I wish them all the success in the world but lightning doesn't usually strike the same TV actor twice in a career.

Evil vampire Spike = great character.

Evil vampire Spike with a chip in his head = great character conflict.

Guilt-ridden vampire Spike without a chip + a soul = :sleep

Flash me back to unscupulous Spike but, as Dusty opined (even though I'm freakin' 56 years old) Mr. Marsters is a bit long in the tooth (I know, I know) to play the the part of an immortal 20-undead something.

Bring on the Faith series!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Guilt-ridden vampire Spike without a chip + a soul =:sleep

I beg to differ - ensouled Spike is what Angel should have been - a badass vampire who can screw around (but has a conscious).

And James' age never became an issue until he was outed as 40+. We accepted that DB gained 20 pounds between seasons 1-3 of Buffy, I can suspend disbelief so James can play Spike for the next 10 years.

I beg to differ - ensouled Spike is what Angel should have been - a badass vampire who can screw around (but has a conscious).

Too right, Dave. All one needs to do is watch "Lies My Parents Told Me" to see that ensouled Spike is a fascinating and very promising character.

And James' age never became an issue until he was outed as 40+. We accepted that DB gained 20 pounds between seasons 1-3 of Buffy, I can suspend disbelief so James can play Spike for the next 10 years.

I'm still amazed that that's JM's age - he looks so young. Anyway, it's a tv show about vampires, demons, and little, tiny blonde girls killing them. I can also suspend disbelief. Anything worth watching requires that anyway.

Bring on the Spike movie!

I beg to differ...
You can beg until your knees bleed but, I still think Spike should have remained in the blaze of glory he went out in in the Buffy series finale. :D

That said, I'll be there to watch Marsters chew up the scenery again if the telemovie materializes.
I'm still amazed that that's JM's age - he looks so young.
You must be quite young, EriatarkaESP, if you regard someone in their early forties as old. :D Didn't know he was fudging his age (*Nancy-boy*) but, I think he's lying about his height, too. ;)

Regarding Boreanaz, everyone ages differently but, he really should have been more diligent in his efforts to keep his weight in check through the years. This is just wrong:

tgiq.jpg

I'm all for suspending disbelief, as long as the actors playing the parts are believable. :)

ktvs.jpg

You must be quite young, EriatarkaESP, if you regard someone in their early forties as old. :D

I most certainly DO NOT regard someone in their 40s as old :D - To me, JM looks to be no more than 30. (I'm 28, by the way, and I lie about my height all the time so JM can too.)

...(David Boreanaz) really should have been more diligent in his efforts to keep his weight in check through the years.

I'm in full agreement with you there, FF. Of course, you should see how fit he looks now:

Men's Fitness mag cover

*Eria moves her gut out of the way so she can type.*

Yes, those abs do look a bit.... pronounced. BTW, I have insider info that Bones is horrible and will be canceled almost immediately - so maybe DB can cameo in a Spike movie after all :D

What, none of you have heard? The new "Smile Time with Spike Saturday Morning Cavelcade" starts in September.

Honest,
Bazookajoe

Yeeehaw, Bazookajoe!!! I'd sure as heck watch it. I'd watch ANYTHING with Spike... :rock

Bring it on!!!! :banana

I saw the pilot ep of Bones at Comic-Con, and I thought it was okay. I'll watch it this fall, but it's definitely no Buffy.

There's a ton of coverage on the possible Spike movie comments, but nothing is set in stone yet. It seems like nobody expects DB or SMG to make an appearance, so most people are hoping for Amy Acker as Illyria to costar. Who would you guys like to see join Blondie Bear?

After Giles eventuates, I'm all for a paunch Angel. Of course, that will warrant another style of body to be produced. Damn it. Come to think of it, I should never have sent back Vamp Angels pants when they didn't fit. :bang :doh

Back