Jason part VII shuffles home - PICS ADDED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Got Jason today - I don't usually comment on the Jasons and Freddys, while I buy them, they aren't really my cup o'tea.

However this guy outshines the other Jasons in many ways. This line must be doing well because this figure looks like he was pretty expensive to produce compared to others.

It's a standard body with a rubber suit that goes from shoulder to ankle. It really shows off the skeleton underneath. A great solution for this figure. In fact, this works so well I can see them doing something similar for Jason X or Adam from Buffy.

The sculpt is absolutely hideous and I mean that in a good way. The hockey mask has pleather straps, not elastic - looks 10 times better.

And he comes with 5 weapons. Sure one is the exclusive item, but still that's a lot of bloody blades.

The hands are sculpted up to the forearm with twists there rather than articulated wrists, but this works for the character and works aesthetically.

And best of all -- no twisty under the clothes!

Jason part VII shuffles home

Yeah, Can't wait to see some pics too..........

Re: Jason part VII shuffles home

Excellent news Dave, I knew when he debuted this would be a standout Jason figure...

Re: Jason part VII shuffles home

I remember seeing this one in progress... Another stellar sculpt by Brian. :rock

Is the body suit removable? I want to know if you can bulk it up, thinking more for the Jason Goes To Hell figure when it arrives.

Re: ..

pics please, especially of the body suit.

do you think the body suit could be used for a burned anakin custom?

The body suit is very tight, much tighter than the Creature's. I wouldn't even think about removing it.

I had this ordered but cancelled it due to what was all arriving I might have to reorder it by the sounds of it.

Pictures please!!!!!!

(jason from Jason goes to hell has a body suit too?)

It says so about about the body suit on the Jason 9 site. His problem is he's too skinny, it's a shame that you can't get underneath it. :(

No one got any pics yet. Will be months before us UK'er get out claws into it.

ss_13th_jason7.jpg

Found this one on an ebay auction. At least it's a boxed view. Oh, an' hi all!

Mine will be here tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to all those accessories!

Thanks for that dude. He looks awesome, only problem is his mask is too clean.

Re: ...

I just opened Jason up, and I'm a little pissed off at Sideshow! >:

The hockey mask is severely warped due to the pinching of the plastic tray to hold it in place. It's bowled on the right side (his right) and pushed in on the upper left side, this caused it to twist a little. I'm trying to push it back into shape, and it's helping a little.
Sideshow has to stop pinching the accessories with the tray, it also destroyed Angel's sword (a recent purchase), my figure's sword is all warped and looks ridiculous. :x

The accessories look great and I love the tree trimmer and sickle. The skin suit restricts movement a bit but that is something I can live with because it looks awesome!
But the head sculpt is simply superb! The side where his teeth are has quite a bit of depth into his mouth. The front teeth stand out away from the mouth and are fully sculpted almost like the teeth and gums are a separate piece glued in seamlessly. And the muscle on his cheek sits away from his mouth creating a hole. That is, you can see his tongue all the way inside of his mouth!
This is a great figure. The mask might be warped but I'll get it back into shape eventually, I just wish I didn't have to fix the mask.

Lastly, I measured him and he is twelve and a little over a half inches tall. He is as tall as the Thomas Hewitt Leatherface figure, and nearly as tall as the first Jason.

Re: ...

Sometimes the items can be tough to remove, but I've never had pincing deform the item. I'm wondering if some items get subjected to more heat than others and can deform that way?

Back