Do you acknowledge the Expanded Universe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth do you cling to?

• Film-only continuity

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Film + EU continuity

Votes: 54 50.9%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
While researching Star Wars canon it occurred to me there are some fans who believe if it's not in the films, it doesn't exist. Does that apply to you, or have you embraced the Expanded Universe?

For the record, I'm firmly in the EU camp.

There should be a third option.
PT EU is somewhat easier to swallow--- OT EU less...

I like the EU, granted not all of its great, but the Star Wars universe is a fun place to play.

Some of the EU is good. Some isn't. I accept it, but I remember that I accepted the Marvel comics as "canon" at some point in my life also.

Let me second the opinion that the PT EU is generally better than the OT stuff.

I'm just glad that there are more SW stories than just the 12 hours of movies we got.

pickard said:
I accept it, but I remember that I accepted the Marvel comics as "canon" at some point in my life also.
I still do! And so does Lucasfilm - at least where they don't conflict with the films or other parts of the EU.

EU stories are just like the films. Some are them are :rock some of them are :Flush

I do! Even the stupid stuff.... Just the same as the "Clone saga" in Spider-man comics.... it blows... but it was written, and so shall it ever be. :lol

I love most of the Timothy Zahn stuff, and the NJO....

Films + Clone Wars = canon

Anything else I pick and choose without declaring it canon; I like some characters like Mara Jade and some other stuff, but somethings I outright dismiss as even being related--how some things get by with the Star Wars name I'll never know. Personally I can't stand the Solo twins, and for me the yuuzang-vong whatever the heck they're called never existed--but I love, for example, Shadows of the Empire. So for me I glean what I enjoy from the EU, but really don't consider it canon.

In reality, however, nobody can say "this is" and "this isn't" with Star Wars. It's all (gasp!) make-belive, so really it's whatever you want it to be. That's why it has so many fans; Lucas universe is so vast and complex that you can add or take whatever you want from it and it's perfectly ok because it's your imagination. For somebody to say only this and this is accepted only applies to copyright laws, not the way I perceive and enjoy the Star Wars universe.

Back