Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner73

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news as its from about a month ago, but I've only just found out about this so I thought you guys would be interested. From www.comingsoon.net

Kasdan Penning Clash of the Titans
Source: The Hollywood Reporter April 16, 2007

Lawrence Kasdan has been hired to write Clash of the Titans for Warner Bros. Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Basil Iwanyk is producing via Thunder Road.

A remake of the 1981 cult classic, the story revolves around Zeus' son, Perseus, and his journey to save Princess Andromeda during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa. The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects.

Travis Beacham (Killing on Carnival Row) wrote a draft.

Kasdan wrote the screenplays for Return of the Jedi, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. He executive produced In the Land of Women, written and directed by son Jon Kasdan and hitting theaters on Friday.

I loved the original as a kid. I reckon they could do something special with this. Could end up with some cool collectibles too!!

I think this is a great choice for remake. As much as I love the old Harryhausen animation, it'll be cool to see the monsters done with modern effects.

I just hope they don't p#$$y out and drop the brief nudity seen in the beginning. :lol
knowing the current MPAA they'd give it an R rating for a brief boobage.

I love the original and in Lawrence Kasdan's hands I have some hope this one will be good. They should however change the Kraken back to the original Ketos.

screamingmetal said:
I just hope they don't p#$$y out and drop the brief nudity seen in the beginning. :lol
knowing the current MPAA they'd give it an R rating for a brief boobage.

I love the original and in Lawrence Kasdan's hands I have some hope this one will be good. They should however change the Kraken back to the original Ketos.

don't forget the a$$ shot at the end when the princess is getting out of the bath and they show the backside...niice....well nice for a 10 year old or how ever old i was....oh who am i kidding i replayed that movie at least until i was 15. :)

COTT man that brings back some memories remember seeing it on hols with my parents and my little bro.Lets hope its done right.

i always thought bubo was the coolest robot & wanted a working version of him.:lol.

Thanks for sharing the article, Tom. And here I thought the re-making of this movie was a myth.

I love this movie and I always make it a point to watch it at least twice a year. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that they do justice to this old classic.

I love the original movie... so I'm interested in the remake, just because it sounds like some good people are on board. But for me, there's no topping the original :rock

Louis Leterrier Explains How He Took on Clash of the Titans

July 15, 2008

When the Clash of the Titans remake was first announced, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen director Stephen Norrington was attached. Thankfully about a month ago we announced that Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier would be replace Norrington. Since that announcement about Leterrier and since seeing Hulk, I've become increasingly excited for this remake. Clash of the Titans is one of my great childhood memories and a personal favorite and it's one of the few films that could use a well-done remake. For the first time since Leterrier was announced as the new director, he chimes in on his thoughts and plans for the film. The best part of the interview, however, is the story about how he got the gig straight from Norrington and his hopes for the sequel.

The French website EcranLarge.com has posted an interview with Leterrier where he talks about the film. First things first, when asked about the Kraken, his answer was "of course there will be the Kraken!" But he adds that it will be "a different Kraken. There will be much more. In the original film, there was no 'clash' and no 'titans.' Now you will see the Clash of the Titans." Additionally, Leterrier addresses concerns about 300 comparisons. "People say that it will be filmed like 300, that's not true. It will be photorealistic, with a big budget." And as for the genius special effects maven who made the original so memorable: "I want to do an homage to Ray Harryhausen. He's still alive and will be part of the film." Sounds good so far!

Here's the best part of it. Leterrier explains how he got the job, which came straight from Norrington, who didn't know what to do with it. And in turn, Leterrier pitched his idea to Warner Bros and got the job.

"In the beginning, Stephen Norrington was the director of this project. I called him. He had a problem finding a new trick for this remake. He didn't grow up watching Clash of the Titans [like I did]. So I called him, we share the same agent, and I asked him: do you really want to do it? He didn't want to make a new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. So I told him, can I do it? And he said yes. So I told Warner Brothers - Desmond Davis, well, he's not the greatest director, but there was Ray Harryhausen and great actors and this movie is a childhood memory. If I do it, it will be different. It's still Perseus myth, but maybe to begin a franchise of Greek mythology. Because I love that! It's monsters and adventures…"

It doesn't end there… Leterrier adds a bit more, explaining his idea of a remake. "I've just made the remake of Ang Lee's Hulk, but it's not the same film. It will be the same situation for Titans." Hearing that puts a big smile on my face, because if you saw Leterrier's Incredible Hulk this summer, you know that it kicked a lot of ass. And if he can do the same for Clash of the Titans, then I'll be the first in line on opening day. "I don't want to do the same as the original… You have to change the mythology. I want to make adventure films because I want to see them! I want to make them with a new point of view." Listening to Louis Leterrier in this interview has caused me to gain so much more confidence in the guy. I've always loved him, he seems so cheerful and excited all the time, but now I'm thinking he just might be the perfect director for this Clash of the Titans remake.

Back