Animal fur used in our collectables!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sanpedromanrique

I am really OUTRAGED to have found out that SS has used real animal fur in some figures!!!!!!!!! I just notice that on "the invisible man" and 1/4 scale "Vampyre". There was a big scandal a few years ago when they found out that the Chinese used dog and cat fur for collars in coats and jackets. Now they are using the same material in our toys and we are buying them!
I urge SS to stop using this unnecessary material and/or let us know when these product is being used in any of their items. As an animal lover I do not support the use of this material. I want collectables and toys to be pain-free for animals.

Right...fur? I don't recall fur on the Vampyre or invisible man, unless we're talking their hair tufts. I don't think it's real hair, or fur, but I'm not particularly concerned - Vampyre is wearing what appears to be a suede jacket, and since I had a hamburger for lunch, I'm not about to complain.

And of course, it's always dangerous to start a discussion about animal 'rights', since it's a political hotbed.

Michael
MWC

Animal fur used in our collectibles!!!!!!!

Yes, I am talking about their hair not their clothing...
Michael, it may be a cultural thing but, would you have enjoyed your hambunger knowing it was make with dogs and cats???

Re: Animal fur used in our collectibles!!!!!!!

Well...since I'm not eating my 12 inch figure, I really don't mind if it's animal fur or not.

Well, you're kinda asking the wrong guy. I eat rabbit and other cute animals - but no, I wouldn't be big on eating a dog or a cat. I can't imagine they'd taste good.

Like I said, this is a huge political hotbed. I think just about everyone would agree that animals shouldn't be tortured or abused for foolish purposes - but whether they should be killed to be used in products for humans is where it gets dicey. If your of different cultures, different animals get different treatment, and it's always been that way. Personally, I'm just happy I'm on the top of the food chain, and don't leave near any crocodiles or polar bears, so I don't have to worry about being eaten every day, along with everything else.

Michael
MWC

Is it fur from dead animals or just form animals that have had a trim... as in a hair cut and not a nasty thing.

As it's such a small amount, I wouldn't have thought they killed animals to do this. It's not like they're making a full human sized coat.

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

PS. I haven't really read this thread correctly, so sorry if I've missed the point or something.

As someone that eats meat... fish...chicken...cow...lamb... I have to ask, is death for these animals ever going to be painfree?

Besides if the animals are slaughtered for consumption anyway, why not recycle the fur?

Can this be confirmed?

How about a link to where you read this??

Either way it doesn't matter. I agree with Michael. Animal rights is a touchy subject.

not my style

Who is not nice to animals, can not be nice to people.
Who is not nice to people, can be nice to animals

Only my opinion.

Jan

I love my dog. :ruf :ted I also eat meat of all kinds. :drool
(not dog ever to my knowledge) :sick :puke

I love to watch animals in the wild. 8o
I love to hunt animals in the wild as well. :bunny :arch

I don't want any animals tortured, :horse but I'm never
going to be OUTRAGED over the use of fur or leather. :eek :rage :curse

Please clarify the story with a link, or some type
of definite proof of what you speak. :speech

Thanks very much! :bow :toast

I assume this is a joke of some kind? If not is there some sort of attribution of this "fact"?

Re: animal hair

It wouldn't be the best way to go for sure, and thatt's why I can't really imagine SS doing it.
Where did you get this?

I think JS must have significant stock holdings in the company that creates Emoticons.

;)

To quote June Cleaver:
"Ummm, Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" :lol

*snort* :mwaha Ironman

... and the winner of Most Creative Use of Emoticons at Hand goes to.... JS!! :lol

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:win :win :win :win :win :win :win

:bliss :bliss :bliss

9bigpot6.jpg

Back