What the ...??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

ironman1188

Check this ebay auction out:
cgi.ebay.com/BUFFY-THE-VAMPIRE-SLAYER-SPIKE-12-DOLL-BY-SIDESHOW_W0QQitemZ5995982456QQcategoryZ36554QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pota_bnnra.gif

Now I don't feel so stupid for spending $300 on that PB.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

JKJK

I'm glad I bought mine a few months ago when I did. He was getting hard to come by and there was only one online store that had him in stock for $45.
:dance

There was one bid from someone with actual feedback for $506 - they should've left it at that. Weird.

I'd say somebody is screwing with this poor guy. You'd think people had better things to do than mess up somebody's auction.

I saw a similar auction for a nazi kroenen and in that week 3-4 went on sale for its normal price range of araound 145-160. But, the herald figure got $500+ and a zero feedback seller. I think someone is trying to pull up the prices or else get sellers to come out of the woodwork... so agreed, he's messing with the guy.

Yes, that's the highest bid so far I've seen for Spike but lately, I've noticed, they've been getting higher and higher. I like to watch auctions and keep track of the Buffy figures and here's what I have on my watch pagefor what some of the figures are currently at or sold for:

Graduation Day Buffy - 1 Sold $167, 2 others for about $70-80. These were all in the last month. Still seeing most selling for around the $55-60 mark but there does seem to be a trend now for these going at higher prices as well.

Angel seems to be selling for around $60 now which is higher than I've seen a couple of months ago. Both the Angel and Buffy GD figure in the not to recent past were still going for around the original Sideshow price.

And Human Spike (both the exclusive and regular edition) seem to be selling at higher and higher rates. The last bunch I watched sold for:

$122 + $14 s/h - regular Spike
$232 (s/h price not specified) - Exclusive Spike
$122 (s/h price not specified) - Regular Spike
$395 + $10 - Exclusive Spike

And a few others I'm currently watching are at:
$305 ($10 s/h) regular edition with 2 days left.
$516 ($8 s/h) regular edition with about a day left.
$393us/215gpb regular edition with 13 hours left.
One "Buy it Now" for $399 + $10 s/h - regular Spike

And there is one other auction that has Spike (Exclusive), GD Buffy and Angel that is currently at:
$255 ($15 s/h) with 2 1/2 days left.

Now, maybe I'm a suspicious person but the one currently at $305 is being sold by someone who seems to have bid on quite of few of these and only has four feedbacks. As far as I can tell from the Spikes that I've been watching they never won one but now are selling one. Just makes me wonder if they actually have one.

Angel seems to be selling for around $60 now which is higher than I've seen a couple of months ago. Both the Angel and Buffy GD figure in the not to recent past were still going for around the original Sideshow price.
Wow, and to think I spent less then $40 on an Angel figure just a couple of weeks ago at Voyager Toys. Which seems to be the only online retailer with Angel and GD Buffy in stock at normal prices. If anyone doesn't have one of these, get'em while they're still available at a decent price now!

this one threw me for a loop but I searched for other auctions and it looks like the original Spike is bringing some big bucks in the Bay! This one does look like some crazy shill bidding though.

Back