Capt. Miller HELP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've never been much into the Military lines but Capt. Miller is a character I always wanted to do. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, and this is a fantastic chance to put him on my shelf at last. With the new sculpt coming out, I'm eager to get the pieces I'd need to complete the figure. I know I'm not alone in this.

So.

Does anyone know where to get ACCURATE pieces for Miller's costume? I heard there was a mass market version a while back, but is the costume really up to par? Suggestions and links would be very helpful!!

Thanks.

Everything has been made by a major manufacturer for bashing up the uniform and equipment. The wools and 1943 HBT uniform as well as the leggings were done nicely by Dragon and you won't have too much trouble finding them. I'd recomend the DiD Thompson mag bag, 1911 magazine pouch, F/A kit, and pistol belt as well the M1 helmet which also shouldn't be too tough to get from a parts dealer like www.monkeydepot.com or www.thebattlerhino.co or www.war-toys.com to name a few favorites. I'd suggest Battlegear toys for the 1911 pistol holster and low boots. All that stuff should mostly be fairly easy to find. Harder to find will be a bbi canteen with cup and cover, a bbi (or Dragon if you can't find a bbi) assault jacket, and a set of photoetched US insignia made by Lions Roar. You'll also need patches and decals and I'd recomend Monkey Depot for them. But everything should be gettable with some effort. If you need any additional information or help post here or PM me and I'll see what I can do.

After Josh sends me my Miller head and I complete my custom I will share my secrets with you all. ;)

IrishJedi said:
After Josh sends me my Miller head and I complete my custom I will share my secrets with you all. ;)

:rock

SOON!!! :duff

Incidentally... There are only 3 heads to go! And this weekend... all I have is time. It will be done! :rock

Actually, it's cool. I leave Monday for So-Cal (Celebration IV and more) and won't be back until the following Tuesday (5/29) so no need to rush. ;)

The Dragon Captain Miller was very well done. I picked up a loose one off Ebay last year with full intention of adding a custom Hanks head when I have the time and spare money:

ranger-miller_3a.jpg
ranger-miller_5a.jpg

Of course once the new Tom Hanks head comes out that will replace the one that is on it currently.

Most fo the gear i used was produced by Dragon. The helmet, shirts, pants, jacket, and shovel were all Dragon products. The assault vest and leggings were ordered from over seas and are very expensve. The set cost me about $160.00 But they are the best you can get. The Dragon vest is nice but it is slightly bigger and not the right color. The boots came from Newline. If you know where to get the right gear you can have a great looking Miller. Im in line to get that new Hanks sculpt and cant wait to see it. Hope this helps you guys wanting to put together your own.

small_studios said:
Most fo the gear i used was produced by Dragon. The helmet, shirts, pants, jacket, and shovel were all Dragon products. The assault vest and leggings were ordered from over seas and are very expensve. The set cost me about $160.00 But they are the best you can get. The Dragon vest is nice but it is slightly bigger and not the right color. The boots came from Newline. If you know where to get the right gear you can have a great looking Miller. Im in line to get that new Hanks sculpt and cant wait to see it. Hope this helps you guys wanting to put together your own.
thanks man...i've seen most of this stuff before, but most of them are getting hard to find without paying a premium price.

I'm going for DiD parts mostly for this figure. Taking George Puller and Charles Winstone, you'll have pretty much all the stuff you'll need. Then it's just a matter of watching the DVD with a lot of slowmotioning.

The assault vest is crucial but the bbi version can be found pretty cheap on ebay.

Back