1/4 Scale Wolfman Statue Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Azog of Moria

Hey gang, Oxbeard did a great Wolfman review, and the pics are great, makes me jealous. The details are amazing...

<span style="font-family:verdana; color:maroon;font-size:small;"><a href="https://www.azogscollection.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1125186377&archive=&start_from=&ucat=18&" target="_new">Oxbeard's 1/4 Scale Wolfman Review</a></span>

My waitlist is now a order!!!! Thanks Ox for the great review cant wait to get him!

For the first in a long time, I actually got a piece with a low number!

My Wolf Man is #19 !

B.

I have to agree that this guy is great. And thanks for the notice on the twisty - I would have wrestled with that for a while since none of the other PFs have had twistys. Unfortunately this one got under his collar so it won't stay down. I'll have to make some adjustments.

Got mine yesterday and was happy to see the darker, charcoal grey clothing. There's just enough variation in the shade of the shirt and pants to give the outfit some contrast. The shirt is very nicely tailored and detailed and, I love the wool pants! My only criticism of the outfit is that belt looks a bit cheap compared to the quality of the rest of the clothing. Also to my delight, his arms are not a scrawny as they appear to be in the prototype pics.

Mike Hill did a terrific job on the sculpt to the point that you (well, I, at least) can see Chaney, Jr. under the makeup. The hands are extremely well-rendered and, IMO, rival the PF Dracula's for detail and expressiveness.

My only disappointment: Some paint has been scratched-off from his right foot but, that's easy enough to fix.

Great figure! Bring on the Mummy, Creature, and Bride!

mmmy.jpg

This statue is fantastic! Really nice detailing with the sculpt and the costume is tight and snug. The base is really detailed and heavy like real stone. Overall, very impressed with this piece. One of the better 1/4 in terms of sculpt. The porportions are just spot on. I thought van helsing was too lanky and hellboy too stocky, but this is just right. I also like the fact it's not a static pose.

I too am very happy with this figure, as this is my favorite monster, but I have only one small nitpick....I wonder why Mowry's team made his pant cuffs rolled up? I have a lot of production stills from all the movies with the Wolf Man, and I've never seen him with his cuffs rolled.

I'll have to check my reference photo's too.I'm very happy to have gotten lucky #13 of 600.Odd considering that I placed the order later than usual.

Wolfman

This figure is a knockout!!! The detail on the base in great too!

Mike Hill and the SS crew did an awesome job!
:clap
Fred

This statue is really attractive, with great detailing, colors and a great base. But guys, as is often the case with Sideshow, the likeness if off. That's a deal breaker for me.

Dave

OFF? Are you kidding?:x

I've been a fan of this movie for almost 30 yeas and I can definately see Chaney Jr. in the sculpt.

Exactly Bonehead.While it might not be a strict rendering of Jack Pierce's makeup,you can definately see Lon under there.(I don't think many would like seeing the obvious rubber appliance of the Wolf Man's nose if just a little artistic liberty wasn't taken.):bat

Hi Everyone,

What a great review Howard. LOL, I still have mine boxed at home. Time to open him this weekend. Now all I have to do is find a place to put him where my wife won't yell at me.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Wolfman

Many may already know that Mike Hill is famous for capturing incredible likenesses with his sculpts.

...it's scary!:bat

Re: Wolfman

Got mine today!!! Awesome love the detail he has and how big it actually is.

Re: Wolfman

....I wonder why Mowry's team made his pant cuffs rolled up?
They don't appear rolled to me. Aren't they just the cuffs of his pants? I think the fabric is just a tad bulky in this scale.

wlfmn_cffs.jpg

ir.jpg

Back