SDCC Blackhole stormtrooper VCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
051707blackhole_01.jpg
051707blackhole_02.jpg
051707blackhole_03.jpg

Then don't buy it folks. Just because it ain't your cup of tea doesn't make it bad or the exclusives lame. :) I'm quite happy with the exclusives actually. Unlike some companies SS doesn't look to screw those that can't go. :D Better than making say the Clone Commanders exclusives to shows. They're supposed to be items those NOT going can be ok missing while those that can go will be cool with getting if they so choose.

jlcmsu said:
Then don't buy it folks. Just because it ain't your cup of tea doesn't make it bad or the exclusives lame. :) I'm quite happy with the exclusives actually. Unlike some companies SS doesn't look to screw those that can't go. :D Better than making say the Clone Commanders exclusives to shows. They're supposed to be items those NOT going can be ok missing while those that can go will be cool with getting if they so choose.
And for those reason I like Sideshow a whole lot better as a company than that other place who makes clone commanders exclusives. I cant believe Im hooked on collecting that companies stuff now.

I have all the others and I will be getting this one as well. There are a few people who say that of all the Star Wars items in my office, the VCD figures are their favorites. They are unique and I honestly do like them.

And as for the exclusive lineup--would anybody really rather that they follow the example of that other company and make the exclusive items some of the most requested characters in the line? And not allow non-attendee preorders?

No way Tomandshell, VCD's are BORING, and in NO WAY UNIQUE! I'd rather spend my money on a 12" of a C level Jedi with a crumby body, or maybe an inaccurate bust of a main character I have 25 versions of already!

I hope more people think like this, so the pre-order goes smoother.

I like that the demand on the exclusives aren't all that high... Some could say lame and boring...
I wonder what you would be saying if they made a Palpentine 12" or Gandalf the Grey PF as con exclusive

pordey2 said:
I like that the demand on the exclusives aren't all that high... Some could say lame and boring...
I wonder what you would be saying if they made a Palpentine 12" or Gandalf the Grey PF as con exclusive

There would be about 1200 pages of *****ing, moaning, and groaning.

I like the VCDs, but I don't rush out and buy them either. They're not high on my priority list, but for this one, it may be best to get it now.

My favorite Medicom products are, believe it not, the VCDs and the Kubricks. I love the style and consistency of these lines. The RAHs may look good on paper, but they're not worth all that dough IMHO. I can make an exception for the Fetts, perhaps.

Boring.

That EU character has been done to death. How about a Tusken Raider? Or a Clone Commander?

Seth Gecko said:
Reverse color schemes kick ass don't they PBK?:cool:

Stormtroopers Rule. Black is totally METAL. DIG IT!

Here's my question though, we kind of knew it would just be a repaint, who's disappointed? And why? For a Con EXCLUSIVE did you really think they'd pull out a new sculpt and tick off tons of people NOT going?! No Chance! I'm honestly surprised the 1/6 exclusive isn't just a damned repaint! But for what it is, an exclusive that we kinda knew would be a repaint, it's cool. Black Stormtroopers are cool, they sell, and I gotsta get one!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Here's my question though, we kind of knew it would just be a repaint, who's disappointed? And why? For a Con EXCLUSIVE did you really think they'd pull out a new sculpt and tick off tons of people NOT going?! No Chance! I'm honestly surprised the 1/6 exclusive isn't just a damned repaint! But for what it is, an exclusive that we kinda knew would be a repaint, it's cool. Black Stormtroopers are cool, they sell, and I gotsta get one!

Yup, thats one thing that cracks me up when people complain about Con Ex. Why piss off your base by making something totally new for a show that maybe .5% of your base can get to? Just last year SS decided Kit would be a bad choice for the SDCC item cause it was a totally new character. They went with a repaint of Anakin unlike GG who does wanted items for theirs. It may make them lame to those not going which really is comical at best. They're made for those going and supposed to be something wanted by them but not something that will piss off the base.

Back