Highlanders at home!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Connor and Duncan came in today. Both exclusives in the same box - good planning.

Love the box design although the "Sideshow Exclusive" sticker is going to take some getting used to - but I think it's a good thing.

As for Connor - The likeness is definitely there, I think naysayers will be pleasantly surprised. But I believe I understand why people have been dissing the sculpt - he's clean shaven. I didn't even think of this until I saw the pic on the front of the box. Lambert had about a 5 day growth throughout the first film and there's not even a hint of stubble on the face. Not sculpted nor any attempt at painting one. Can you imagine Indiana Jones without stubble? It's just as important for Connor I think. But otherwise he's great. I'm not sure about the likeness on the Kurgan, it's such an unusual expression on his face, but it's a cool accessory.

I haven't opened Duncan yet, but in the box he looks even better than the site pics.

I just got my shipping notice this evening, my Connor should be here Saturday. :yay

I had a feeling the Kurgan likeness might be off, the pic on Sideshow's site doesn't look anything like Clancy Brown to me. As you said though, it's still a cool accessory.

Man, I can't wait! :bliss

Glad to hear someone finally has these.

You bring up a good point about Connor's stubble. I really hadn't thought of it before. But, I'm actually kinda glad they left it off since I have yet to see stubble really look right on a toy. If they sculpted it on it would probably look like he stuck his face in a wood chipper, and if they painted it on he'd probably look like he spent the afternoon working on his car and got grease smeared on his face.

At any rate, I'm looking foward to getting my hands on these. Saturday can't come fast enough...

Which Connor and Duncan did you receive?
The Modern or the Kilted?
I ordered Exclusive modern Duncan but have not received
any notification yet.

I'm holding out and preying for the More Authentic 1/4 Medieval Conner!

These are the modern versions. I'm not that crazy about the character, but Duncan is one of the best figures they've done I think. The sculpt is dead on for "what's his name" and I love the huge claymore he comes with. The sunglasses fit well but he looks good with or without them.

I was pleasantly surprised by Duncan, I can't wait to get the Origins versions.

And bring on Ramirez and Kurgan!

I just got my invoice from Sideshow and it says that both the modern and origin Connors have been shipped. Is origin Connor shipping already?:dunno

The invoices are sometimes difficult to read - most likely it says Origins Connor is backordered. The Origins versions aren't shipping yet.

It says ordered 1/shipped 1/backordered 0, just like modern Connor. The price total also seems to show that they've been shipped together. I've had pieces backordered before, so I know how it shows up on the invoices. I'm sure it's a mistake, but that's what it shows.

Copied from the invoice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
56041 PC 1 1 0 $45.00 $45.00
12" Origins Connor Exclusive
56011 PC 1 1 0 $45.00 $45.00
12" Modern Connor McLeod w/Kur
------------
Sub Total: $90.00
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $8.75
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $98.75

weird - maybe he is shipping. But that would be the quickest turnaround from announcement to release that we've ever seen.

Picturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespicturespictures...

I checked my account on Sideshow's site, and it says that my Origins Connor has indeed shipped. I'm still thinking it's some kind of mistake though, I'll be extremely shocked if it actually shows up.

I got my modern Highlanders today! (I still haven't received a invoice from Sideshow)
One thing that bothered me was the packaging, it was damn hard to open. The cardboard backing insert would not slide out of the outer box without a struggle. I had to open both ends of the box to try and push the inner try out, and I still struggled with it.
On modern Conner, they've gone dental floss twisty tie and tape crazy! It's everywhere and it's over kill. I've had a few nicks in the sword blades caused by the twisty ties and plastic packaging, they're very slight and not easy to notice so I could live with them even though it should have never happened in the first place. They used two plastic sleeves around the figures waist on both figures. and used floss twisties on Conner's feet, wrists, and head, but only used twisties on Duncan's wrists and head for some unknown reason. The twisties on Conner's feet actually tore through the plastic tray on my figure. It's just a nightmare ot get out of the box, though the box art looks great.
In comparison I received my Kyle Reese from Hot Toys the other day and that was by far better packaged then these figures.
The head sculpts look great on Conner and Duncan, not so much on Kurgan's severed head. :(
I've found that Conner looks better with his trench coat undone (my personal preference). Unfortunately, Conner's trench coat belt is badly fraying at the end, and the only functioning pockets on him are his rear pockets on his jeans. The pockets on the front of his coat, leather jacket, and front jeans are foe pockets and really should have been done better. I was planning to put the stiletto he comes with in his coat pockets but it doesn't fit anywhere.
:dunno
That's really the only problems I had with the figures. They are both really well done, no issues with the paint, their hands are nicely sculpted to hold the swords, and the head sculpts aren't oversized at all this time.
Also I've noticed on Kurgan's head there seems to be some small holes that look like bubbles in the casting.
Does anybody else have this on their Kurgan Head?

I have to disagree about the plastic floss - I prefer it much over the twisties - just an exacto away from freedom. But the tray on Connor was devilishly difficult to remove from the box. Sized a bit wrong I guess.

Yes the cardboard trays are bit too big for the box sleeve. I had the problem with both figure boxes but it was a bit worse with Conner.
You didn't have any pitting on your Kurgan head? Mine has pitting on the forehead, two big pits on the right cheek below the eye, and under the chin on the right side.
I can also see some very slight pits all over the head but filled in with paint. Do I have just a bad casting or does anybody else have this?

Aren't these numbered? How do we know they only produced 750 or whatever....We just take their word for it? :rolleyes

Got my modern Connor today, he's very well done IMO. I didn't really have much of a problem getting him out of the box and with my trusty pocket knife I had him out of the plastic tray in no time.

The likeness on Connor is dead-on, much closer to Christopher Lambert than the pics at Sideshow would lead one to believe. The Kurgan head still looks nothing like Clancy Brown to me, the face just looks generic... and yes, my Kurgan head does have a few small holes. It's still a cool piece as are the rest of the accessories. I've long awaited a Connor figure, and this one is about as good as it gets.

As I expected though, I did not receive the Origins Connor. Guess I'll have to write Sideshow and get that sorted out, make sure I haven't been charged for it.

conner

Huh, I got my Conner today but Duncan hasn't shown up. Oh well, Christopher Lambert as the original Highlander is my favorite anyway. I've gotta hand it to sideshow on this one, usually I'm the first to tear them a new one over some of the less than stellar past figs, but Conner knocks one out of the park. I've made a couple custom versions of this character using other peoples sculpts, but none have captured the look of Lambert like this one. The web pics just don't do it justice at all. Great work Sideshow, keep em coming.

Re: conner

No Duncan for me yet either.:dunno

Conner did arrive today and I'm quite pleased. My only complaint is the lack of the beard. The prototype looked really good with it. The other problem I have is that the figure should of came with gloved hands. Lambert wears driving gloves in almost 80% of the movie. For now I'll just use Spike's set of gloved hands.

Back