The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
To bad I'm not much of a patriot, otherwise I would be proud. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg chose a Belgian comic book hero for their next projects. That's right, Hergé's Tintin will -again- get the big screen treatment.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6656635.stm

I like Tintin a lot, for he was more present during my childhood than any Marvel or DC hero was. It's just a pity that Edgar P. Jacobs' Blake & Mortimer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_and_Mortimer) didn't catch Jackson's eye. I'd love to see some of their adventures filmed, especially "Atlantis Mystery" which was the very first book I got in that series. Pretty futuristic, and I just love the design of some of the hardware in that book. Timeless and priceless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tintin and Peter Jackson

Oh yeah

thats brilliant news. When I went to Brussells to visit my uncle when I was younger I went to the Herge Museum, since then I have been hooked.

Now PJ is at the helm its a dream come true

ifu03612 said:
Oh yeah

thats brilliant news. When I went to Brussells to visit my uncle when I was younger I went to the Herge Museum, since then I have been hooked.

Now PJ is at the helm its a dream come true

I'm not surprised that you are hooked! Hergé's work is up there with the best. It's simply outstanding!

Peter and Steve are good directors so this might be an interesting adventure :)

I had no idea that the first belgian to travel in space was so well known abroad. I find it charming to say the least that PJ noticed our fine export product, should be interesting to see how it goes!

I find the 3-D way the film will be made interesting. Wonder which ones they'll make. The Tintin in Tibet is what i remember most and the theme tune at the start of the cartoon. Am i right in remebering that the Sea Captain gets sea sick?

Doomhammer said:
I had no idea that the first belgian to travel in space was so well known abroad. I find it charming to say the least that PJ noticed our fine export product, should be interesting to see how it goes!

Tintin is well known world wide, been looking forward to a "good" tintin
film for a long time.

Oh and I learned my only piece of French from Tintin,

'Woah woah'

Hee hee

Looks like Spielberg and Jackson found their Tintin: 17 year old actor Thomas Sangster. I've seen him in "The Last Legion", and he was quit good. Spielberg and Jackson are planning to do three movies based upon the adventures of the Belgian juvenile reporter. Andy Serkis get's the role of Captain Haddock - good choice! Time to get acquainted with the matter, collectibles sure will follow...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin

Oh, and the original comic albums are much better than any Tintin cartoon I have ever seen.

Tin Tin Movie

tintin1.jpg

For most Americans you're probably unfamiliar with Hergé's Tintin. As one of those cartoons that helped me to become bilingual I loved reading it growing up and as our European friends can attest to it's good fun.

Here's some facts from AICN that might get you excited...

Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are the driving forces...

(per RopeofSilicon):

1) Jamie Bell, one of the most gifted actors of his generation, will be playing Tintin. )from Billy Elliott fame and more recently Jumper)

jamie%20bell%20billy%20elliot.jpg

2) Daniel Craig has been cast as "the nefarious" pirate Red Rackham. (as if you didn't know Bond-- but this time he's the villain)

DanielCraig.jpg

3) Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced) and Joe Cornish are now credited as screenwriters along with DOCTOR WHO's Steven Moffat.

4) As we reported earlier this month, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced) are Thomson and Thompson.

thomson_and_thompson.jpg

pegg-frost1.jpg

5) The rest of the cast (Toby Jones, Gad Elmaleh, Andy Serkis and Mackenzie Crook).

The first film in the (planned) series will be THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN (one of Hergé's favorites). It is set for theatrical release in 2011. Steven Spielberg will direct the first installment, while Peter Jackson will take the reins for the second entry. The third film is currently without a helmer, but I'm sure Spielberg's pal Brian De Palma would relish a crack at this material.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/39897

Check it out you Yanks.:D

Re: Tin Tin Movie

Looking forward to seeing this :rock I got a box-set with all the cartoons but i have yet to finish it after 3-4 years :eek:

I love Tin Tin its great
The movie with Spielberg and Jackson should be good
And Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Thomson and Thompson should be hilarious
Glad to hear Jamie Bell will be playing Tin Tin as I heard that annoying Kid (from Love Actually and Nanny McPhee) Thomas Sangster would be playing Tin Tin
Now I can breathe a sigh of relief

Whoa!!
I used to watch this all the time when I was a kid. Very interested in seeing it transform into live action.

Back