You Guys Were Not Kidding...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcrawler777

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ive been debating on Which Buffy PF to get and i noticed alot of you were saying the Original was so Great that there really was no need for the New one..
I was going to wait for the new one but Then An Original Ex popped up on the Forum for a Good Price so i went for it..

Got her yesterday and you guys were right..
She is Amazing...
Looks Perfect...

I canceled the new one today...
The Original is that Good...

Now i cant wait for my Spike Ex to come....

Smart choice! Also this Buffy is more accurate too. Okay, so it's accurate to a promo shot, but who cares. Atleast it's accurate to something and not some generic half-arsed last minute whipped up deal.

Yeah I think the first one looks great, but the hair on the alternate is soooo much better. Even if she doesn't look exactly like that in any specific episode, I think the second one just looks more "Buffy" to me.

Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

You made a great choice, the first PF Buffy is a beautiful piece of art. I'm in love with her. I'm not getting the rehash, unless suddently I earn a big amount of money out of nothing.

olvidadero said:
You made a great choice, the first PF Buffy is a beautiful piece of art. I'm in love with her. I'm not getting the rehash, unless suddently I earn a big amount of money out of nothing.
Your next post is number 666...use it wisely.:)

Eli26 said:
Smart choice! Also this Buffy is more accurate too. Okay, so it's accurate to a promo shot, but who cares. Atleast it's accurate to something and not some generic half-arsed last minute whipped up deal.

Funny, I didn't hear anyone make an issue about the accuracy of the Darkness PF. When did in the film did he have the staff AND the broad sword, exactly? :rolleyes:

Accuracy aside, that Darkness PF looks stunning! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Yeah I think the first one looks great, but the hair on the alternate is soooo much better. Even if she doesn't look exactly like that in any specific episode, I think the second one just looks more "Buffy" to me.

Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I agree, except I wouldn't call either PF Buffy figure great. Both have flaws, but I prefer the second one because the hair and face sculpt are most important to me.

BillyBudd said:
I prefer the second one because the hair and face sculpt are most important to me.
Not sure I follow you here. The face sculpt is exactly the same on both versions. Only the hair was changed.

Either way, I'm going to have both, so I can pose one with Spike, and one with the eventual Angel PF when it is released.

The thing is the bigger eyebrows look ok with the original with the bigger more S1 hair. By S7 or whenever the new thrown together version (which is a joke IMHO) is supposed to take place, Buff's eyebrows were fashionably much thinner.
The eyebrows look RIDICULOUSLY large and disproportionate on the newer fig. And yes, same face, same dress made into a top (LAME!) and big ass baggy Kriss Kross era pants that don't relate to anything. The original, hairstyle (to one's liking or not) is much classier.

I LOVE mine and she's beautiful...

Last edited:
Dave mack said:
The thing is the bigger eyebrows look ok with the original with the bigger more S1 hair. By S7 or whenever the new thrown together version (which is a joke IMHO) is supposed to take place, Buff's eyebrows were fashionably much thinner.
The eyebrows look RIDICULOUSLY large and disproportionate on the newer fig. And yes, same face, same dress made into a top (LAME!) and big ass baggy Kriss Kross era pants that don't relate to anything. The original, hairstyle (to one's liking or not) is much classier.
:lol OK, I see your points but you sound a bit disgruntled by the new release. Do you think that some changes will be made before she is released? I am hoping for some...specifically in the areas you spoke of.

If they do fix the eyebrows and make the outfit better, then yes, she would be excellent too.
I just doubt they will!
Well, as someone who bought the first as a ltd. edition, the fact that they cranked out another right away that's very similar, yes, it did irk me. It basically was a big "F you" to the collector's of the first.
:)

I would get the first Buffy PF but to me her hair is a major let down. I just don't think it looks good or even realistic. The new PF has a much better hair style but the clothes are kind of a let down...I just can't win. :monkey2

RoboDad said:
Not sure I follow you here. The face sculpt is exactly the same on both versions. Only the hair was changed.

You're right, and I knew that. What I meant was that the overall appearance of the head is most important to me.

Dave mack said:
The thing is the bigger eyebrows look ok with the original with the bigger more S1 hair.

I agree, and I hope the eyebrows are fixed. However, my guess is that all of these close-ups make the eyebrows look worse than they actually are. In real life, the head isn't the size of a computer screen. It's much much smaller. I guess I will have to wait for the figure to arrive to determine the extent of the problem. Worst case scenario...I could have a painter work on the eyebrows to reduce improve appearance.

Last edited:
true.
I have yet to see a picture here or from sideshow that looks as good as the actual piece in reality.

:)

yeah.. we all complained untill we got her. then we worried if it could be better. It can't!:chew

Back