Better Highlander pics if anyone is still interested.

• Thread starter Disappearing One
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Disappearing One

I'll skip the long review, since I think what needs to be said has already been said. I'll just say that I'm quite pleased and leave it at that.

connor1.jpg

connor2.jpg

connor3.jpg

connor4.jpg

connor5.jpg

connor6.jpg

connor7.jpg

connor8.jpg

duncan1.jpg

duncan2.jpg

duncan3.jpg

duncan4.jpg

duncan5.jpg

duncan6.jpg

duncan7.jpg

highlander.jpg

WOW !!! MoC71, you really improved on him!! Great job.
And, while looking at the Duncan pix.....how 'bout, Adrian Paul as James Bond?? Kinda reminds me of a young Connery.

pota_bnnra.gif

They should have added a sound chip for Duncan that says:

"I love you, Connor...swoosh!" :lol

highlander

They should have added a sound chip for Duncan that says:

"I love you, Connor...swoosh!" :lol

At least one that said either "There can be only one!" or "I'm Conner/Duncan MacLeod of the clan MacLeod, I am immortal."
As for Conner's death by Duncan, I have it a good source that said the next movie is in the works with both Adrian Paul and Christopher Lambert. He also told me that Conner dies in Endgame almost a year before it was released. Remember in Highlander 3 Conner won the power of illusion, that plays into the next movie plot supposedly. Conner has been alive the whole time, it was an illusion so Duncan and Jacob Kell both thought Duncan had the strength and skill of both Highlanders, which gave them just the edge they needed to defeat Kell.
Anyway, take it for what it's worth, I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: Highlander

All the pics look great! I like the repaint of your Conner Murderofcrows, it really does make a difference.
I was just watching Highlander the other day and I could'e swore I saw him wear a blue shirt, I'll have to check to be sure latter.
Disappearing One, I also see that your exclusive Kurgan Head has the same exact pitting mine does. It almost looks like he had some piercings on his cheek and forehead removed. It must be a common flaw on all of them.

Yeah, my Kurgan has those same two holes on his right cheek.

Highlander

Thanks for the kind words, but really a little drybrushing of the right mixture of colors and no big deal. Yeah I went through and watched Highlander again, no blue shirt. There are some scenes where the shirt seems blue cause of the lighting, but if you watch the next scene (like the police department) the shirt is white. Then he has a white striped shirt on for the "date" with Brenda. When Brenda comes over to the antique shop and Conner tells her who he really is, he's wearing a dark blue/purple shirt with a vest. Then at the end of the film in the fight with the Kurgan he's wearing the leather jacket and a black T-shirt. I couldn't find any scene with a light blue shirt other than a touched up photo used for the cover art on the Highlander Immortal edition DVD.

I got Connor today and man do I love this figure, a lot more then I thought I would. I hope connor isnt dead and that rumor is true. Anyways Sideshow needs to make Villians now. Kurgan and Kane come to mind.

I skipped through the movie quickly today and he is wearing a bluish colored shirt in the church confrontation scene between him and Kurgan and the following scene in the round "trophy room" where he has Brenda stab him in the stomach with the small knife that's included as one of his accessories. The shirt appears to be almost gray in color, but that could be due to the color filters and lighting on the set. It also has pockets that are absent on the figure's shirt.
But the more iconic depiction of him in modern times is with a white shirt as seen at the beginning of the movie, and the black t-shirt at the end.

Custom Connor

Hey murderofcrows71,

I really like your customization of your Connor. I also have this figure and I would like to add stuble to my Connor as well. Would you mind sharing how you did it and what colors you used. Thank you so much in advance.

Brad

conner

Thanks, basically i just mixed some acrylic paint up in colors of brown oxide, burnt umber and fleshtone to get approximately the same color as the figs hair. Then I used a thick paint brush and wiped almost all of the paint off the brush with tissue. Very lightly keep touching the brush in the places you'll want the paint, if you mess up just wipe it off with a wet cloth or wet cotton swab. When you get it like you want it seal it with a matte paint sealer, i use the kind in the spray can from wal-mart craft dept.

Just got my Connor and Duncan figures today. I am very happy with the clothing and paintjobs. However, I am a little disappointed in the swords. All 3 of them (Connor, Duncan, and the 3rd one Duncan comes with) have little nicks and scraps on them - the 3rd larger sword has a large half inch scratch in its blade. While I understand there are manufacturing limitations that could lead to this, it does kill some of the realism. These swords were Duncan and Connor's lives.. I doubt they would let them get nicked up. So, to those out there with the figures, what shape were your swords in? Any suggestions on how to patch them up?

Custom Connor

Hi Murderofcrows71,

Thanks for the tip. I bought the paint tonight, and I give it a go. I appreciate all of your help. You really did a great job. I can only hope that mine comes out as nice as yours. By the way, which white shirt did you use? I have been searching the web. Oldjoeinfermary is where I found the one that I liked the best; however, I am wondering about it's size. Sideshow figures are so much bigger than other 12"ers out there. What do you think?

Thanks

Brad

Highlander figures

Hi DouglasMac,

Both of my swords came in good shape; however, there is a slight bend to them that I can't seem to straighten. They are really soft. My biggest compalint with them is that they have no habaki. All samurai swords have habaki!! How did they oversee this? All it takes is a causal look to know this. I am going to buy some paint for it but I am wracking my brain as to what to use to build a habaki without it looking stupid. I am sorry to hear that yours came all scratched up but I can assure you that Connor's and Duncan's sword would be all scratched and nicked. Swords are easily taken our of polish when used, and repolishing a sword over and over again isn't wise if you use it. This is because you remove metal every time you do so, over time, you would make the sword weaker. In some cases, you would remove the overlying metal, such as in sanmai construction, exposing the different type of metal underneath. So in other words, maybe yours is actually more accurate :).

Take care,

Brad

Thanks for the info Drbrad. Its probably not as bad as I made it seem (I am slightly OC so I tend to blow things out of whack). Plus, after I examined the pics in this thread, you can see similar nicks on the swords. So, I will accept its a risk.. as long as I am not the only one LOL. Now for 2 35 dollar figures, I can accept minor defects. However, if my 350 dollar Vader has even a minor defect.. well, the Wrath of the Sith will flare :naughty

Back