Going to C4? Adam Hughes print....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthSaffron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all!

Adam will be at Celebrations 4, the gigantic Star Wars Convention in Los Angeles later this month. He'll be in the art show with the following print availble ONLY for the 5 day convention...

nouveauleiawebiu8.jpg

print size 17 by 39 inches, price $75, edition 250 pieces

DarthSaffron said:
Hi all!

Adam will be at Celebrations 4, the gigantic Star Wars Convention in Los Angeles later this month. He'll be in the art show with the following print availble ONLY for the 5 day convention...

nouveauleiawebiu8.jpg

print size 17 by 39 inches, price $75, edition 250 pieces

Me likey. Don't like the price, but it's a very nice piece.

Adam is quite proficient at the Art Nouveau style; Alphonse Mucha was only one practitioner of that very far influencing school of art!

DarthSaffron said:
Adam is quite proficient at the Art Nouveau style; Alphonse Mucha was only one practitioner of that very far influencing school of art!
I've noticed that in his style. It's one of the things I've always liked about Adam's work. Very talented to say the least!

That is gorgeous and very original. I collect movie posters and have never been tempted by Star Wars art prints, but that would look right at home next to the Star Wars "circus" style one sheet.

I guess I need to go to C IV after all...:chew

I'm sure this will sell out but I think last year the remainder of prints from other artists that didn't sell went up on swshop.com

Adam is a genius. :)

Beautiful print!

I love the big "CANCELLED" stamp over Oola's name on the list of performers. That's the kind of cleverness that makes Adam's work stand out from the crowd. Well, that and the fact that he's Alphonse Mucha reincarnated.

Thanks for all the kind words on the Nouveau Leia. It was a lot of work, though. What do think's been keeping me from posting the last few weeks... months? Time has become ephemeral.

As for the subject of pricing, MAN. I never knew all the stuff you have to factor in. I mean, this wasn't like a job I do for DC or Lucasfilm. I did this myself. I didn't get paid a work-for-hire rate to do it. No money for at least a week's work. It actually cost me money to do it, as it took time away from paying gigs like CATWOMAN covers and ALL-STAR WONDER-WOMAN. I'm paying for the printing costs myself, plus transportation to the con. Add to that, when we sell the piece at C4, Lucasfilm and GenCon get a percentage of the profits. Finally, there's the aspect of availability. If we were allowed to make a print run of 3000, maybe we could price it differently. But at only 250 prints? If we priced it low, there's nothing to stop eBay flippers from buying all them up at the low retail price, and then selling them online for hundreds.

$75 is actually a lowball price; we have other artists in the show telling us "You gotta sell that for at least $100!" But as a Star Wars fan myself, going to C4 to buy some fun junk, I thought $75 for a 3-foot high litho that there's only going to be 250 of EVER was a very fair price.

-AH!

dont know if anyones interested but im currently building a vader for Adam...:D

Viking28 said:
Can some one pick me up one?

a couple of guys from Adam's Yahoo group have offered to pick up prints for people that won't be in attendance at C4 and ship them out afterwards. Adam's group is here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans/

and the actual post from the guy helping everyone out is here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans/message/29596

the cut off to place a request with J.J. ws supposed to be tonight, but we might extend it, depending on how many pieces he and his orders account for.

Back