Did I miss something?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thamesvalidude

I was just reading another forum, where someone states, very worryingly, that at the SDCC it was "announced" on a chat line, that vamp Dru would be the last Buffy figure relased for a while.
Is that true?
Did I miss it?
And if I did, am I pissed?

Yes, course I am!

Please don't close the line off before the core characters are released (meaning Giles and Cordelia) and Dave before you say buy the figures and support the line, I have bought everything with one exception and mostly both in exclusive and non exclusive forms.

I think it was Sideshow Dusty who made the comment, TVDude.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

You gotta be kidding!!! I don't care what they say, it seems EVERYTHING is starting to take a back seat so that all hands can get to work on Star Wars. It may not be true but it certainly is the perception they are projecting with line cancellations and hiatuses. And we all know what it means when your favorite TV show goes on hiatus........

pota_bnnra.gif

Correction, it was Sideshow Corey who said it. Here's the quote from the chat transcript:

<SideshowCorie> after drusilla, we will have a little gap before new Buffy product is announced.

So, relax. Just a little gap.

nghtmrswllw.jpg

God Frankenfan, you are on the ball dude!
Thanks for the update, although "a little gap" is a bit worrying, it is far from as worrying as "this is the end!"

Anyway, I had my "insider" tip from Andy that I would not be disappointed...so I'm holding him to it!!!!

Right, TVDude. I recall we had this discussion a month or so ago and, Andy intimated that he was working on another figure.

It's apparent we're not going to see the same number of releases in the line we got this year but, it's definitely premature to pronounce it dead.

brgbffy.gif

It could be that we are on last years pre-production schedule and the lull now is from last year when SC started working on the Star Wars stuff. It's sort of like Comics where the current issue of a comic was actually completed 3-5 months ago, and only now are we seeing that work. So SSC is currently working on new stuff.
It also could be that Andy is working on something complex and difficult right now, that it won't be ready for awhile.

I hope it isn't ending and I could live with a little "gap" though as long as it isn't too long. I love the BtVS figures and hope they keep coming for a long while.

Hmm, do you think it MIGHT be ending?

(Just kidding, don't blow a neck bolt, FrankenFan!) :lol :lol

Do they have the rights to do characters from Angel? Because I really need me a Fred! :p

I also need a Fred... and a Wes, a Gunn, a Cordy, a Doyle, a Lorne and an Illyria.

I heard the only new Buffy figures after Dru will be in the 1/4 scale.

I find Sideshow abandoning the Buffy 1/6th ENTIRELY to be unlikely, and here's no way they won't be making a 1/6th Giles to finish off the main cast. Also, if the first "human faced" Spike is going for over $500 on E-bay, there's obviously still a great demand for some of the main earlier characters and that demand gives Sideshow a great opportunity to make other versions of them, which is what they want out of a licence.

Still, I see them having mined a good bit of the Buffy Licence enough to see them jumping onto Angel soon (as long as the Star Wars license isn't taking all of their focus.) I need an Illyria and Lorne!

We've heard "a little break" and a "slow down". But I doubt that Dru is the last 1/6 EVER. I'm sure they will complete the scoobs and do some more cool monsters (here's where I beg for The Judge and Sweet), but they might be slower in arriving. :stake

Hey FF, don't go spreading rumors about me saying things that I didn't.
Hey! I posted a retraction! :D
I head the only new Buffy figures after Dru will be in the 1/4 scale.
Please tell me you're not kidding, Viking!
...don't blow a neck bolt, FrankenFan!
First, Migwit, those are electrodes attached to my neck. In the second... ffzzzt... place...ffzzztzzzt... ah, crap... FFZZZTPHFFTT!!!

bffy_pf.gif

See, FF, that's what you get for letting your blood pressure get the best of you! :mwaha

Neck bolts, electrodes, big honking blackheads... Whatever! :lol

Did somebody say Buffy in 1/4 scale? :banana

I was just reading another forum, where someone states, very worryingly, that at the SDCC it was "announced" on a chat line, that vamp Dru would be the last Buffy figure relased for a while.

TVDude, it may have been me that posted that, over on BtVS Figs. By a "while", I meant a few months. Which seems about right :)

Back