Exclusive Xander in the House

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oxbeard

Finally!!!!

Surprised to find this one on my doorstep when I arrived home this evening. Haven't rescued him from the box yet, but at least he's finally here :banana

Re: pics!!

Mine in the next couple of days.
Fed ex tracking has it on it's way.

Got mine yesterday as well...

Crushed box. Really crushed box *sigh*

Glossy paint ARGH.

Otherwise, he looks pretty good, but I only gave him a quick once over. The Xander sculpt looks better than I had expected from early photos.

Michael
MWC

Another great buffy figure with nice accessories and good paint ops this time. This one is a winner. Actually the exculsive sticker looks rather good, it's not a flat generic sticker and actually looks embossed. Xander's skin is a little shiny around the chin, but hair is nicely painted and the costume is iconic. Really like this figure.

I too think its great, however it is the only figure besides Der Kindestod that doesnt have the actors name on the side. Nicholas Brendan as Xander..
just says Xander.

Darth Waller said:
No pictures yet? :tap

Believe it or not, mine is still in the box :duh

Got to get around to opening him and getting pics of him and my other new acquisitions.

He's great - love the green on the sword instead of the red. I do wish his shoes were white like on the prototype pictures, but that's an easy enough fix... with some white out :D

This is one of the figures that I think looks even better in real life. My daughter got the regular version and I got the exclusive and they both have excellent paint jobs. I love the green sword and the yearbook - she loves the red sword and the eye patch - just wish she'd let me pose him with my figures.

Okay, here's some pictures of both the regular and exclusive edition. Both figures looked just about identical and I couldn't really find anything different about them. In the past, when I've gotten two of the same figure sometimes the paint jobs are a bit different and some figures look better. On one of my Oz figures the paint for the hair didn't quite fill in where it was supposed to but on the other it was perfect.

41886722_0ff6ac021d_b.jpg

41886721_b3010dc5df_b.jpg

35384203_09c5eaa12e_b.jpg

Okay, Xander has finally broken free of the box. (I know, still no pics)

The sculpt is definitely great. I do have a couple criticisms though, probably nit-picky.

First, I never noticed this as much with my other figs but the drastic skin tone difference between the body and the hands/head is very noticeable with certain poses. Right around the wrists whent he sleeves get pulled back and around the neck with certain head poses. I know I have heard others talk about this with other figs, but this is the first time I have really noticed it.

Second, I had planned on displaying with his shirt open but there are 2 shiny silver snaps that ruin that pose. I may end up trying to take those off and see what happens. They aren't as noticeable in the pics on the SS site, but in person they stand out like a sore thumb.

I know these may be petty problems, but other than that definitely a top notch figure.

Happened to notice too that in the pics on the box of Xander posed with the sword, the sword is clean. No blood, red or green. Just struck me as odd.

But... he doesn't have abnormally large upper arms! I knew there was something wrong with this one!

...Just kidding - I think it's yet another great figure from SSC. :banana

Xander was waiting for me today!! I think Oz and Xander are really superb, and it is finally nice to have the core Scoobies (Buffy, Xander, and Willow) of the early seasons reunited. Now we need Giles and Cordy, ASAP! I think the weathered look of the Sunnydale lettering is a nice touch. I guess no fabric softener in the Harris household! I just can't bear to put the eyepatch on, so it is tucked into his shirt pocket. The likeness is really great, and he has the look of the younger, not so-filled out Xander (just watched a couple of minutes of a season two episode on my lunch break today!)

Back