Moving the board - countdown!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Hello all,

As many of you know I've been threatening to move the board since the big EZ meltdown where EZboards was hacked and all the data destroyed.

I think I've found the solution and if everything goes as planned we'll be moving this coming weekend. The board will be on vBulletin, so if you've been around the web it will be pretty familiar to you.

Here are some examples:

statueforum.com/
OneSixthWarriors
Palisades Toys

Supposedly we will be able to move the posts, however everyone will need to re-register. You will lose your postcount. I'm sorry about that, but I think the extra features we'll have will be worth it. Explore other vBulletin boards and you'll see the variety of things that we'll be able to do. For example, when you register you can add your ebay ID. Also you can upload an Avatar rather than having to find someplace to host it. And I'm sure there are lots of things I haven't discovered yet.

I've changed the structure a bit - for example, no 'polls" forum since you can do a poll in any forum. I've added a couple of forums as well, you'll all see when you go over there.

The URL will be www.sideshowcollectors.com - it's being transferred right now so it's not active. As always I will be open to any suggestions anyone might have. The new chat system uses Flash rather than Java, so make sure you have the latest Flash player or the chat might be frustrating.

Also there is a front page with some cool features (I think) but you can get to the forums by clicking "Forums" on the navigation bar or using the partial forum list on the front page.

I'll let everyone know when the move is official, but probably will be Friday or Saturday. And I will be keeping the EZ board, mainly to redirect people coming here, but also if anyone has problems logging into the vBulletin board you can report them here.

I hope you all will make the move, I think it will be a huge improvement in many ways.

If you have any pre-release questions please post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Darklord Dave (that's my callsign on the new board).

I'll go. I've lurked at the Palisades fourum so I think I could adjust to the switch. But you owe all of us who join up again a custom title :p Maybe now I can keep up with you guys with thousands of posts! :D I don't know how you'll top some of the emoticons from here.

So will the set up pretty much be the same as here? Will the place look the same (board banner, space background in SW fourum, etc.) or will it look all the same like the Palisades fourum :| ? Is there anyway for us to keep our same board names without somebody stealing them?

Shouldn't this be a sticky?

I guess I don't have much of a problem with it.
EZ board spell check doesn't work so I suppose EZ board is still glitching, and that's really the only difference between the two message boards.
Is it going to be the same as OneSixthWarriors were you can upload pictures directly to the board instead of finding a host site? That would be cool.

I don't know how you'll top some of the emoticons from here.
OneSixthWarriors has a great big eyes freak-out emoticon. I'll be using that one every chance I get.
:banana (They also have the banana!)

Are the user names universal on vBulletin? Will my Palisades ID automatically work on the new board. EZboard is that way, (you have the same ID on all ezboard sites) wasnt sure if the new one was.

-You'll need to be first to register your name, but if someone claims your name email me and I'll be able to make adjustments.

-It won't look like ezboard at all - it's completely new and different, although the forums and how posts work are pretty much the same.

-You can set your own custom title, so you can change it whenever your want.

-yes, you can upload pics including your avatar.

FYI on uploading (or attaching) pictures in vB, I believe this is universal for the software, not a boards setting.
If you have just one picture you are loading up, it will resolve the image and show it to you. If you attach more than one image per single post it will list them as files that you have to click on to see the picture.

We won't lose the emoticons - adding and managing emoticons is much easier there, and I think I have even more than here.

We may lose some of the emoticons in the current threads when they are moved, if they aren't set up exactly as the same as in EZ.

Sounds great Dave... Many thanks for all the work you're constantly putting in to this. Looking forward to the new digs!

Yay for all the work you do Dave! I like the set-up of those other boards - the search function is definitely better :)

Three cheers for Dave! :toast

Back