• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTD-Doom cup only (No pedestal)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphatyrant

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sadly the damage to my pimp cup is just gnawing away at me....it's the longest of ong shots, but if anyone does have a spare then please let me know.

Thanks.

Al

It's not much...the 4, I suppose prongs that curve up around the cup? One has the tip broken off. Now I know it can be turned around and that no-one would know. I know though, and for the money I laid out I'm irked that there's even a tiny flaw. My Ex Wolvie is screwed so to have this on top just grinds my gears.

Al

alphatyrant said:
It's not much...the 4, I suppose prongs that curve up around the cup? One has the tip broken off. Now I know it can be turned around and that no-one would know. I know though, and for the money I laid out I'm irked that there's even a tiny flaw. My Ex Wolvie is screwed so to have this on top just grinds my gears.

Al
I know how you feel. What did the seller say? Can we have a picture? Don't feel too bad, I couldn't lay my hands on a mint Wolverine either so I settled for none.

Haven't gotten back to the Doom seller....all in all, I'd rather have this one with a tiny flaw than none at all. I'm going to sell my reg Doom on the bay to make back some of the money on the EX anyway. Still you never know, I saw someone with a spare cup, but I think they were just trading.

There was someone one the board that had an extra pimp cup who was looking to trade or sell, I think...anyone remember who it was???

I'm trying but my camera is poor up close, maybe get a better shot later on. I thought there was another cup owner who had similar damage to his....although not certain.

alphatyrant said:
I'm trying but my camera is poor up close, maybe get a better shot later on. I thought there was another cup owner who had similar damage to his....although not certain.
I know LOTRFan sold one a long time ago with the same damage but I don't recall the name of the buyer. Maybe you got the same one?

alphatyrant said:
Really? Damn.

Yep, same issue as what you are describing; missing two ends of the prongs. I repaired it quite well as far as the paint is concerned.

LOTRFan said:
Yep, same issue as what you are describing; missing two ends of the prongs. I repaired it quite well as far as the paint is concerned.
Did you get that one off of ebay? Did the seller let you know about the problem or did it happen in shipping?

El Roranous said:
Pictures please. :bouncin

Sorry camera is just a cheapy digital...close-up shots just go all to hell. If I can't get another cup it'll be OK..it's just when you know that somethings just not quite perfect.

You can just see it in this shot (the one at the "5 o' clock" position), but it is hard to make out from a distance.
IM000142.jpg

This is just a money shot :D
IM000146.jpg

Yeah I can't see it at all. I know all too well what it is to be a perfectionist. It can drive you crazy. Something I have learned about Sideshow and all other products is that none of them are perfect. In your case it isn't really a manufactures defect but still a defect none the less. I have gotten a little bit better at living with imperfections but it has been a tough ride. :)

Back